Seventh Year (Long Live, All The Magic We Made)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been two weeks since Wendy, and her three friends defeated Myoui Mina and her underlings, but it doesn’t mean her life came back to normal. 

As a matter of fact, she became miserable when Irene told her something that she never expected to hear. 

All this time Irene had been keeping a secret from her.

It hurts, but what hurts the most was Kang Seulgi—their dearest dead best friend was a part of hiding that secret too. 

“Seulgi loved you with all the colors of your ever-changing hair. And I loved you with all the madness in my soul.” Irene said quietly.

They were in love with her. They loved her more than a friend.

Since when? Since they were in their fifth year, and God, Wendy was so speechless at how the hell they managed to bottle those feelings for two years and a half.


“Why didn’t you, and Seulgi tell me sooner?” she felt suffocated as if all the air in her lungs was śucked out.

She was a little angry, but she didn’t show it. 

“We were so afraid that we will become awkward, and distant if we ever confessed.” Irene answered calmly. “But most importantly, we didn’t want to hurt you. We didn’t want to destroy our friendship.” 

“I understand, but it’s unfair.” Big tears started to build in Wendy’s tired, green eyes which she tried to hold back, but she was an emotional wreck to begin with. 

“We kept it because some words are better left unsaid. And what’s the point when you don’t feel the same?” Irene said softly as she wiped off the tears of her best friend. 

“I don’t feel the same.” Wendy confirmed. “But it makes me so sad.”

“What exactly makes you sad, darling?”

“What if Seulgi died carrying that burden?” 

“No, she didn’t leave carrying that burden.” Irene reached out for the Slytherin girl’s free hand, interlacing their fingers together. “I’m sure she already moved on by the time she died.”

“You sound so sure.” The Metamorphmagus stopped crying, but there were still traces of tears on her rosy cheeks. 

“You wonder why?” The Gryffindor said in a hushed tone. “Because before our seventh year started, Seulgi and I promised ourselves to get rid of our feelings.” 

“I’m glad to hear that.” A smile embraced Wendy’s lips. “Do you still have feelings for me?”

“Just a little. It’s slowly going away.” Irene replied, their fingers still intertwined.

“That’s good, Irene.” Another smile. 


When Wendy asked why they fell for her, she couldn’t help but smile.

Irene and Seulgi fell in love with her because she was a legendary beauty with a big heart of gold. 

They loved her because she was a warrior who’s always ready to fight for what is right.

She might be small, and delicate as a lily flower, but she was stronger than iron and steel

They loved Wendy because she was a Metamorphmagus.

Anyone would fall head over heels for a Metamorphmagus because they were rare, charming, and breathtakingly beautiful. And their colorful hair which changes from time to time was the most fascinating thing about them.

They loved her because she was never afraid to be herself.

She wasn’t ashamed of her Half-blood status despite being a Slytherin, and she never pretended to be someone else. 

Wendy was Wendy, and they were glad she existed. 

 

* *

 

Wendy hated it whenever reality hits her. When it hits someone, it hits like a harsh slap. 

She wasn’t in denial, but she realized that Kang Seulgi was completely gone when she felt a certain emptiness inside her.

They used to be The Golden Trio, but now they’re a duo.

She used to smile and laugh with two, but now it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter