Sixth Year (Part Three)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tonight was the night of the Masquerade party. Although Professor McGonagall said it would start at six o’clock, many students were already huddled in the Great Hall fifteen minutes early. 

From the gleeful looks on their faces, it was quite obvious that they were thrilled to dance the night away with their partners, and enjoy the delicious feast.

The place was transformed into a magnificent ballroom. It was decorated with simple, yet gorgeous decorations. 

The long tables, and the long seats where the four Houses always sit were taken away. Silver chairs were lined up at the front of the room, and two big circle tables were placed in a certain corner, one for refreshments and the other for snacks and dinner dishes. 

The walls were surrounded by extraordinary fairy lights where hundreds of actual living fairies fluttered over the blinding lights. The ceiling was bewitched into a midnight blue sky with million stars shining bright as if they were real. 

Everything was white, silver and gold; a perfect theme color for a nighttime party. 

 

Wendy was the last one to arrive. 

The moment she entered the hall, everyone’s jaws dropped. 

Everyone. Even her fellow Slytherins who hate her were stunned by her stunning appearance. 

She wore a lacy, pastel pink dress with flowery patterns, and its length was bellow the knees. She donned a ballet-flat shoes, the kind of flats for long dancing, and it was also pastel pink like her gown. Her jewelries were simple but pretty; two diamond rings on both index fingers, and a silver necklace with a star shaped diamond pendant glittering around her neck.

Her long hair was down, and it was curled into loose curls. Its color tonight was light blonde with coral-pink streaks. 

At last, her mask was a wolf. It was supposed to be a swan like Irene, and Seulgi but she changed her mind in the last minute. 

She made a wolf mask to show off that she was a proud daughter of Remus Lupin; the werewolf professor whom the Slytherins always mocked, and bullied back in Harry Potter’s days. 

When she caught Lisa’s gaze, the Pure-blood girl was frozen in her spot. Wendy smirked, and shot her a look which says: I’m a wolf’s little girl, and I’m proud of that.

 

“Good Heavens, is that really Wendy?” asked a seventh year Hufflepuff named Eric Nam. “I don’t think it’s her.”

“Of course she’s our Wendy.” Irene said loyally. 

It was really her, but at the same time she didn’t look like her. 

She looked very different, but she was still the same gentle, sweet-natured Wendy Lupin. She was still the charmingly bright, smiling girl that they always knew. 

Her two best friends couldn’t take their eyes off her until her partner approached her. Seulgi didn’t say anything, but Irene gasped loudly as they snapped back to reality. 

“No way!” Irene murmured. “Wendy’s date is Jeon Wonwoo? The Head Boy of Ravenclaw?” 

“What’s wrong with Wonwoo? He’s a very respectful, good guy.” Seulgi said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter