Final: (New Happiness, and New Beginnings)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ten years had passed since Irene and Wendy graduated from Hogwarts.

Ten years since they defeated Myoui Mina, better known as The Dark Mistress.

And ten years since they lost Kang Seulgi, their Hufflepuff best friend, and sister in soul. 

The two women applied as professors at their school like they always wished for.

Irene was a Transfiguration teacher, and Wendy was an Astronomy teacher. 

It had been three years since they started their job, and the first thing they did on their fourth year was visiting Seulgi’s grave. The deceased girl was buried somewhere in the school ground. 


As they placed a bouquet of sunflowers in front of Seulgi’s memorial, a painful pang struck Irene and Wendy like a bullet.

After all those years, the sadness was still there. 

Kang Seulgi was gone, and the universe was moving on without her.

When she died, her beloved best friends couldn’t tuck her in their hearts.

She couldn’t fit because it was unfair to seal her away. 

She died so young, and before her time, so Irene and Wendy couldn’t seal her away like that. They didn’t seal her, because sealing meant forgetting.

Instead, they kept her as a precious memory, because keeping meant that she was still alive inside of them. 

“I had loved, and adored Seulgi from the moment I met her on our first year.” Wendy said softly as she gazed at the wide, blue sky. “We were like lost sisters who had finally found each other, and now she’s gone.” 

“I felt the same way too the moment the two of you became my friends.” Irene piped in, smiling afterwards. 

The twenty-seven year old women put a hand over their chests.

Then they thought, how absurd and unfair that their hearts was still beating, and Seulgi’s didn’t.

 

* *

 

Despite not moving on from Seulgi’s death, Irene and Wendy still managed to find new happiness, new hopes and new beginnings. 

Irene married Edward “Teddy” Lupin—Wendy’s older brother.

Aside from being in love with Wendy when she was a teenager, Irene also had a secret crush on Teddy who happened to be in love with her. 

When the boy confessed, back in their school days, he said that he would get rid of his feelings toward her. He only confessed, so he won’t carry the burden but surprisingly, his feelings stayed throughout the years. 

After hanging out together most of the time after they graduated, Irene fell in love with him.

She had always been considered as a part of Wendy’s family, but now it was official. 

She was Irene Lupin, and she was happy than ever. Teddy told her that she could keep her maiden name Potter, but Irene insisted on changing it since she once dreamed of being a Lupin. 

They got married when they were nineteen, and this year marked their eighth anniversary. 


Wendy on the other side was still single.

She was untouchable, and never gets swayed. Even sweet confessions doesn’t affect her at all. 

She believes in love, but she didn’t need romance because the only love she ever needed was her family, and Irene; her best friend who’s been loyal to her since day one. 

They were her happiness, and the ones who filled her world with rainbows, and they still are. So she believed that she doesn’t need a lover or a partner to make her happy.

Mom, Dad, Teddy, and Irene are fairly enough for me.

Wendy always whispered those words to herself, and it would always be like that. 


“Hey, Edward Lupin.” Wendy broke the silence. “Do you want to hear something cheesy?”

She was strolling in the Quidditch pitch with her brother, and her best friend.

Irene and Teddy were side by side, holding hands, while Wendy was behind them, reading a fantasy novel.

The married couple stopped on their track, turning around.

“Spill.” said Teddy, anticipating. 

“Do you know what it feels like to be Irene’s everlasting friend?” 

Irene grinned like a child upon hearing her name. 

Wendy smiled at her sister-in-law. “It feels like everything I lost, came back to me.”

Irene simply smiled back, and soon, tiny tears emerged from her warm hazel eyes. “It’s an honor to be your everlasting friend.” 

The Metamorphmagus wiped away Irene’s damp eyes as she hugged her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter