Sixth Year (Part Five)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The last thing that Wendy would ever do was to use a powerful spell on someone, or transform them into an animal.

But after Hirai Momo, and Minatozaki Sana provoked her by bad-móuthing Seulgi, Wendy completely lost control.

She had no tolerance for the people who insult or talk śhit about her two best friends. If she was a bad girl, she would slit their thróats without hesitation. 

Momo, and Sana called Seulgi a nasty dumb mudblood. And the moment Wendy heard those words from them, she wasted no time turning the two blonde girls into ferrets. 

She almost performed a curse on them, but she was caught by Professor McGonagall. 

 

“Miss Lupin, are those students?”

“Yes Professor.” Wendy turned to face the deputy headmistress. “Two of my fellow Slytherins. Miss Hirai, and Miss Minatozaki.”

The woman’s eyes widened. “Using Transfiguration on students or anyone in our school is completely prohibited. I’m sure you know that, or have you already forgotten—” 

Wendy didn’t flinch. “No, I haven’t forgotten at all, but Momo and Sana deserved it.”

“Miss Lupin!” Professor McGonagall threw her a sharp look. 

“They called Seulgi a nasty dumb mudblood.” Wendy explained the situation. “As a loyal friend, I would do anything to defend her.” 

“You’re a perfect example of a true friend, my dear.” A small smile crept on McGonagall’s stern face. “Stay loyal as always, but if anyone says a bad thing about your best friends next time, report it to me instead.” 

“Yes, Professor Minerva.” Wendy said firmly.

“Very well.” The deputy headmistress raised her wand as she transformed Momo, and Sana back to their human form. 

 

* *

 

“Aww, I can’t believe my dear witchling stood up for me in my absence.” Seulgi pulled Wendy into a bone-crushing hug once the latter entered the Study Of Ancient Runes classroom. 

Only nine students were around, and the others feigned sickness to skip the class.

Study of Ancient Runes was a pain in the head sometimes, and nobody took it seriously except for Wendy, Irene, Seulgi, and a few Ravenclaw students. 

“What are true friends for?” Wendy struggled to breathe, but she didn’t break away from the Hufflepuff’s embrace. 

“You’re such a brave girl. You didn’t hesitate to turn them into ferrets.” Seulgi chuckled lightly. 

“Yeah, but Professor McGona—” Wendy couldn’t continue her sentence when someone suddenly yanked her from Seulgi’s hold. 

It was a harsh grab that she stumbled backwards, and ended up falling on the hard ground. Her bútt and her tailbone hurt from the fall, but she didn’t wince. 

She didn’t show any signs of pain or else the culprit would mock her. From the suffocating lavender perfume, she knew it was Lisa. 

 

“You stupid jerk, how dare you turn Momo, and Sana into ferrets!” Lisa towered over her, shooting her a venomous glare. 

“I was only defending Seulgi.” Wendy said loyally. 

“I don’t care that they called her a bad name. I mean she’s a nasty mudblood after all.” Lisa smirked at the silent Hufflepuff girl. 

“You have no right to call her that. Hell, nobody has the right to call her that.” Wendy spat as she arose from the floor. “Seulgi may be a muggle-born, but I’m so blessed to have her.” 

Feeling defeated, Lisa huffed angrily before taking her usual seat in the classroom. 

“I’m blessed to have you too, my dear witchling.” Seulgi smiled as she embraced her friend again. But this time, it was a gentle hug. “I love you so much.” 

“I love you loads.” Wendy giggled as she rested her chin on Seulgi’s shoulder. 

 

* *

 

Irene never once expected that someone would fall in love with her. No scratch that, it never crossed her mind that one of her friends was in love with her all this time. 

And that person was none other than Edward “Teddy” Lupin, one of her closest friends, and Wendy’s older brother. 

When the seventh year boy approached her one day in the empty corridors, and confessed his secret love for her, the Gryffindor girl was astonished, and completely speechless. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter