First Year (Part One)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eleven year old Wendy Lupin was beyond happy standing in the Great Hall of Hogwarts.

Ever since she was four years old, her parents always bragged about how great and marvelous the school was.

Seven years straight of waiting, but it was worth the wait. 

While standing in line along with the first year students, waiting for her name to be called to put on the Sorting Hat, Wendy stared up at the ceiling which showed the starry night sky. Although it was bewitched, it was still breathtaking.

 

“Wendy Lupin.” 

At the mention of her name, the girl jolted on her spot as she snapped back to reality. 

She walked up to the small stool, and sat there nervously.

Her body was trembling a little bit, and her heart was thundering loudly.

Once Professor Minerva McGonagall put the old Sorting Hat on her head, her mind began to race. 

“Hmm… this one is very difficult.” The Hat spoke. “Brave, and daring as a warrior. Extremely loyal, and patient. A wise child with a creative mind, and a love of knowledge. Oh dear, I can’t put you in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw all together, can I?”

“Of course you can’t.” Wendy chortled. 

The Sorting Hat laughed shortly before it continued to speak. 

“Well well, I can see that you’re very ambitious, very cunning, and have a hunger for power.” 

“No, I’m not.” Wendy snapped. Cheeks turning red afterwards for embarrassing herself. 

“Trust me, child. You’ll do very well in Slytherin, and you’ll be a great witch too.” 

“No…” The girl whispered in a shaky, horrified voice. 

There was a two minute of silence.

The Great Hall was entirely hushed which set Wendy’s nerves on fire.

Everyone was anticipating in which House she’d be sorted. 

 

Please put me in Hufflepuff like my mother.

Ravenclaw would be fine.

But please, not Slyth—

“SLYTHERIN!” The Hat shouted in an excited voice. 

Wendy got up fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter