Twenties

Twenties

Jungkook’s POV

My shift is about to end, finally! Rest rest rest! One hour to go and I’m free—well yes, for this day of course. I’m so tired and it’s very hot in here at the moment so I ed the first button of my polo shirt, stretching my arms out but I was shocked and immediately straightened myself when I see Yuri entering the café.

“Good evening Ms. Yuri, would you like to—“

“Caramel macchiato, large. Thank you.”

“Is that all?”

“Duh? Of course. Caramel macchiato, large.” I gulped after hearing her words, truth is, I’m feeling attacked right now. Kidding.

Someone’s in a bad mood, I see. What can I do to cheer her up?

In the middle of thinking I felt two arms around my waist; turning around, I saw Jin hyung with a wide smile on his face.

 Oh, it’s already his turn.

“Hi Baby Kook—omona, she’s still here?!” he said, pointing at Yuri through the window.

“Yah, hyung don’t do that. Actually I can feel that she’s on a bad mood.” Jin hyung nodded, still looking at Yuri but later turned his head to look at me.

“Really? But you’re mesmerized by her beauty, right? She’s pretty, but not as pretty as me haha! But really! How old do you think she is?”

“I bet she’s 19?” I tilt my head, shrugging. How old is she? She looks 19 or the same age as me?

“Nah, I think she’s on her twenties.”

“Twenties?”

“Yeah, twenties.”

“Ohhh twenties! Haha, I see, I see.”

Not that old and I’m not that sure. Who knows, right? Oh shoot I forgot to serve her coffee!

“Wait up hyung, I’m just going to make her coffee and I’ll be back.”

After making the coffee, I finally had an idea to cheer her up—well, maybe a little bit. That’s the least I can do. Smiling widely, I started to write something on the coffee surface before putting a bagel beside the mug.

I went out of the café, walking to her spot and gave her a wide smile as I put down the tray. “Have a nice dinner, Ms. Yuri.”

Right after that, I walked back inside, taking my bag from the table but Jin hyung with a wide smile on his face stopped me.

“Don’t go home yet!” sounds like he’s planning something. Why am I so nervous about this?

Without answering, Jin went out of the café and I’m left dumbfounded.

Jin’s POV

 My baby boy is growing up; I can tell that he likes Yuri-ssi so much. Jungkook has been my favorite dongsaeng ever since he’s in diapers and I’m like playing Barbie aha! He doesn’t want to get into a relationship and every time I ask him why, he will just answer “Family first”; not that I’m against about it, but this kid should experience the best things in his youth days. Actually, he’s pretty popular in their school. Every valentine’s day, he will bring some chocolates here in the café and we’ll eat it together and mind you, that time he is not yet working here. He’s always telling me that he doesn’t even have a crush.

But now, look at him! N’aww, his eyes are fixed to this beautiful woman. Not ‘very beautiful’ because that’s me, not her hehe.

Going back, I went outside just because I’m going to interview Yuri. Now is a perfect time since I’m wearing my manly attire and I don’t smell like an old man.

“Greetings, Madam. My name is Kim Seokjin and I’m the CEO slash the owner slash the barista and slash, the man in front of you. I would like to ask you some questions like, what’s your full name?”

I’m trying my best okay?! And she just gave me a “wtf” look before answering, “Kim Yuri.”

I cleared my throat to avoid embarrassment. My manliness should kill her, not piss her off! Gosh.

“Age?”

“26. Gosh, this is creepy. I’m so done—“

Quick Seokjin! Ppali ppali, you have to think of something. You can’t lose to this pretty girl because definitely, you’re prettier.

Feels like I can’t handle this anymore.

And then I lost it. Flipping my bangs, I crossed my leg, speaking in my highest pitched voice “Gurl, what are you wearing? Is that the new Armani fashion?!”

“Ahaha, yes yes. How did you know?”

“Duh, Armani collection is so fetch! I love it; anyway the name’s Jin, 23, 36-24-36! Thank you! And yeah, I’m not ‘manly’ because I like men too.”

Yuri bursts out laughing, hitting my arm playfully. Now this is the energy!

“That’s better. I thought you’re someone erted. Anyway, again, the name’s Kim Yuri. 26 and it’s nice to meet you. I love your coffee here, plus… the barista just gave me this caramel macchiato with a bagel I didn’t order.” She said, smiling widely. Now I can see why Jungkook has a crush on her. If I were a guy, I’m going for her—but nah.

She pushed the cup slowly in order for me to see the coffee. It is written there, ‘Cheer up! You look prettier when you smile’ and a free bagel? There are free foods here in Café Han but it’s every December only or it’s a food exclusively for employees only—Ohhhh now I can see what’s happening.

“Aha, I see. But of course, we only serve the best coffee here! Oh before something else—Jungkook! Come here!”

Yuri’s POV

Jin is very funny. If he wasn’t trying to be manly awhile ago, I could’ve easily opened up haha. Well I’m easily attached to gay people because they are so fun to be with and plus, they are honest.

Thanks to him, I was able to avoid thinking of this creepy guy who actually ruined my first day here in Seoul.

So yeah, Jin is like having a job interview with me until he called the cute barista named, Jungkook.

“Aha, I see. But of course, we only serve the best coffee here! Oh before something else—Jungkook! Come here!”

Tell me, why is my heart palpitating.

Perks of being a coffee lover.

Nervous system break down.

Jungkook sat across me and Jin left us, saying “It’s already my shift! As much as I want to ask Yuri boo how to get discounts at Forever21, work first. I need money hehe. Jungkook, entertain her for me. Mwaaah!”

I stiffled a laugh, turning my head to Jungkook who is infront of me.

“Uhhm, hi?” Jungkook decided to break the deafening silence that is present in our atmosphere. I’m usually straight forward, why am I being nuts over a stranger?

 Well, not a stranger because I know his name.

“Hello! So you love coffee? Because your caramel macchiato is the best so far. Also” I smiled, complimenting him. Really, I’m not lying. He’s good at making coffee.

He scratched the back of his head, grinning sheepishly before answering, “Yes, I do love coffee. Thanks, Yuri-ssi!”

“Ah, just call me Yuri and by the way, thanks for cheering me up.”

“You’re always welcome, Yuri. Sometimes, coffee is the only escape when you’re thinking of some things.”

Just like what I always believed.

“True! Haha, so how long have you been a barista here?”

“Six months, how about you? Are you new here?”

“Nope, I just came back and currently staying at my friend’s place. Is it the end of your shift already?”

“Ohh I see—yes, from 9am to 6pm actually then it’s Jin hyung’s turn from 6pm to 3am then break for an hour.”

I’m feeling so much connection, I wonder why.

Jungkook’s POV

We talked about so many things like my favorite coffee and her favorite blend. Also how I became a coffee lover; that actually started from my favorite drama, Coffee Prince. As corny as it sounds, yes that’s one of the reasons why I’m working here.  

Both of us are laughing non-stop because of some puns and pick up lines like,

 ‘Can I get your number? Because I like you a latte.’

She also told me why her mood is not that great awhile ago. There’s a guy who likes her a lot and no, not just ‘like’—he’s obsessed because he is following her anywhere and texting her weird messages; if I’m not mistaken, Minho is his name and she told me that if there’s a Minho looking for her, simply lie about some information.

Yuri is very fun to talk with but in the middle of our conversation, she’s looking somewhere and a black car stopped in front of the café.

“Oh, Jungkook it’s a pleasure meeting you today and I really had fun talking to you. But I have to go for now. I’ll see you tomorrow?” Yuri said, getting up from her seat.

But tomorrow is my day-off.

“A-alright. I had fun too! Thanks for the time, Yuri! Take care!”

She opened the car door and dashed inside after waving at me.

It was a guy who fetched her. Ouuuch—kidding.

Must be her boyfriend?

Cue Justin Bieber’s line, ‘My first love broke my heart for the first time and I was like---‘

Kidding again.

Blah, I’m going home.

“Jin hyung, bye bye!”

A/N: SAKLFJASKLFJKFDJQ I wasn’t able to update yesterday! Hahaha. Errors intensifies blurgh. Enjoy reading! :D LONG CHAPTER AYTTTT. BUT SRSLY, WHO FETCHED YURI HAHAHAHA