Meet da Fam

Twenties

It was their third day as a couple and it’s Sunday, Jungkook will meet Yuri’s parents for the first time.

“You look crazy, really. Walking back and forth.” Hoseok said, drinking his coffee while watching their maknae walking and walking and walking. He’s getting tired of watching him.

“Yuri noona’s hot, Jungkook is a lucky bastard.” Jimin said, laughing and his statement is enough to make Jungkook stop on his tracks.

“What did you say, hyung?” Jungkook frowned.

“Hey, Jimin your job is done now haha, stop walking you’re making us dizzy. Just relax, will you?” Hoseok said, motioning his hands for Jungkook to sit.

After 30 minutes, Yuri texted Jungkook to go already and with that, he waved goodbye to his hyungs.

It wasn’t Jungkook’s first time to go inside the mansion but heck, he’s nervous as hell. Today is the day that Mr. and Mrs. Kim will meet Kim Yuri’s one and only kid—manly, boyfriend. Soojin, their head maid lead Jungkook to the dining area where the family is seated, well of course, including Namjoon.

“A-annyeong haseyo, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, I’m Jeon Jungkook.” He bowed to Yuri’s parents before bowing to Namjoon, taking a sit beside his woman.

“Hello, sunbaenim..” Jungkook added as he greet Namjoon with a smile.

“Don’t call me sunbaenim anymore, you’re going to marry my noona anyway, that’s like hyung-in-law.” Namjoon said, grinning and his father elbowed him. Namjoon winced in pain, mumbling the word ‘ouch’

“Dad—I said, stop it. Anyway, Jungkook I heard so much about you.” Mrs. Kim decided to speak up, hitting Mr. Kim’s lap playfully. “I’m sorry, dad is just like this because he’s too protective of our Yuri.” Mrs. Kim added.

“It’s okay, ma’am. I understand, I’m too protective, too with my younger sister.” Jungkook nodded.

“See? Yoora doesn’t know boys, we are too protective of them!” Mr. Kim high fived Jungkook and actually, that surprised him but of course, he high fived Mr. Kim as well.

“I don’t really know them, which is why I’m stuck with you Junho.” Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes.

“I’m sorry about them, they are always like this.” Yuri whispered, making Jungkook laugh in amusement.

“So, I heard you just finished studying? Very impressive.” Mr. Kim said, while mixing his cup of coffee.

“Ah, yes sir.” Jungkook answered after eating his last piece of cabbage.

“Hey, don’t call us ma’am and sir, just call us dad and mom too. Y’know, I have a good feeling that you will marry our Yuri.” Mr. Kim grinned happily. “APPA!” Yuri squinted her eyes at Mr. Kim in embarrassment, who would’ve thought that they will accept Jungkook? Though Jungkook is not a bad thing after all.

“You know what, Yuri told me everything. I’m glad you finished studying first before asking her. Not that I regret marrying Junho but you know, studying is everything. We didn’t have a second chance to continue our studies since I’m pregnant with Yuri that time..”

“Luckily, both of our parents are understanding. Instead of kicking us out, they helped us.” Mrs. Kim added.

“I see, but look at your family, it is wonderful.” Jungkook commented.

“Thank you, son. How about you? How’s your family?” Mrs. Kim asked, softening her face.

“My dad died when I was 14 and my mom is already pregnant with my little sister that time. Since mom just finished high school, I have to work extra hard; I started working at the coffee shop of my childhood friend. That’s where I met Yuri, now, here I am, finally I have my stable work and I’m the happiest.” Jungkook said, glancing at Yuri which made her blush like a mad woman.

“He’s also a lister in the university, ma.” Namjoon added.

“Now I see why our Yuri fell for you, you’re very  patient and hardworking, plus, good looks. She wouldn’t settle for less.” Mr. Kim said and Yuri just rolled her eyes at her father.