Always

Twenties

Time flies so fast and now, it’s time for Yuri to come back in Korea.

Everyone knows about it, Jungkook too, but Yuri isn’t aware that Jungkook knew it all along. When Yuri arrived, she immediately stormed off to Café Han in excitement to see Jungkook. She didn’t know that he’s not working there anymore, so to her disappointment, she just continued her one week left of work in the coffee shop. Although, Jin and Miyoung explained everything before they could catch up that day.

“So what’s up with you two, guess Mr. Kim is going to be straight…” Yuri cooed, giving Jin a teasing look and Miyoung rolled her eyes in response.

“I told him I like him and I don’t know if I like a rock or a mannequin or something, he is still checking on some guys’ though. So yeah, a little more straight.” Miyoung sighed.

“I told her I don’t like girls, they are so clingy!” Jin exclaimed in defense.

“Whatever, ‘kay, I’ll talk to you two later, costumers are coming.” Yuri shook her head in amusement as she went back to the counter.

“What’s with the rush, Kookie?! Hehe, date perhaps?” Wendy, his co-writed said happily.

“Date? Can be, or it’s the right day today.” Jungkook replied, drinking his coffee and smiled to himself, remembering the first day he saw Yuri at the coffee shop.

“This kid’s inspired, my god, that’s why he timed out earlier.” Jackson said, laughing as he motion his hand to Jungkook to go.

“A-ani! Anyway, I gotta go noona and hyung, I swear, I’ll go for the over time shift tomorrow.”

When Jungkook left the office, he rubbed his palms together, feeling a little nervous. He actually planned something for the day but if he’s going to be a nut, it will not be succesful.

Well, he can say that it’s d-day today.

Upon entering Café Han, Jungkook smiled at the sight of Yuri filling the cups with coffee.

The windchimes rang and it was the best day for the guy who waited for so long.

“Good afternoon.. sir--?” Yuri lifted up her head and saw Jungkook who is smiling at her ever so brightly.

Sticking to his plan, Jungkook continued acting like he doesn’t know Yuri.

“I would like to have a caramel frap.”

It was just like the first time he met her, but this time, it’s his first time meeting her not as a person he once had a crush on but a woman whom he is deeply in love with.

Their eyes met and since Yuri’s pride is a little high, she decided to treat Jungkook like an ordinary costumer.

“Sir, would you like to try our komodo special?” Yuri asked in a monotone voice, obviously mortified as of the moment.

“No thanks, I’ll try later.” Jungkook answered casually, still going on with his plan.

“Okay, this is for?”

“Jungkook. Also, I still have things to do, can you give my coffee outside, Miss?”

Yuri nodded and rolled her eyes at Jungkook walked outside the coffee shop. She felt so embarrassed and annoyed at the same time; why is Jungkook acting like an after all these months?

Moments later, Yuri went out with the coffee on the tray and her eyes widened at what she just saw.

What surprised Yuri are the pictures of her, probably glue sticked on the chair and there are papers with handwritten stuff which is probably written by Jungkook, she thought and also saw the word ‘beautiful’ written on the paper.

“I’m sorry noona, I can only do this much and I’ll thank you too, since I passed my intensive english because of you.”

Yuri gazed at Jungkook, a little confused.

“I wrote these essays for you before you left six months ago. I hope you also remembered the first thing I asked you when we first met.”

“I- I did.”

“Thank you and now I hope you will remember this moment for the rest of your life. I will ask you something again, not the green tea special, not your name, not the type of coffee you would like to have.”

“I know I should’ve done this months ago but  what am I before? I’m just a college student and you’re already professional. I can’t meddle my useless things.” Jungkook cleared his throat and took the coffee from Yuri.

“Actually, I don’t want caramel frap. I would like to have you as my woman, now, would you like to be my girlfriend?”

Yuri  sniffed and wiped the small beads of tears under her eye, making Jungkook laugh at her cute reaction.

“Of course, I would love to be your girlfriend!” Jungkook pulled her for a hug and she pecked his nose and his lips.

“I love you, baby boy.”

“I love you too, baby.”

Good things really come to those who wait.