Miss Right

Twenties

Yuri’s POV

It’s good to be back! I just received my masteral degree in the Philippines and I’m proud because there are so many job offerings. Anyway, I’m staying here in Miyoung’s place since it’s the only place available and free and plus, she’s very busy-- working on some stuffs and she left me here just awhile ago so yeah, I’m craving for some drinks again.

The first thing I ask everytime  I’m staying somewhere that isn’t familiar is “Where and what’s the nearest coffee shop here?” I really love coffee, it’s like my addiction. But of course, I still drink water. I need to keep my shape.

Back when I’m still taking up my masteral in the Philippines, there are so many things needed to be done and the only escape is coffee. Thanks to Edge, my Filipino friend, who spoiled me on my coffee needs. I guess that’s when my love for coffee has developed.

Going back, before Miyoung left; I asked her where’s the nearest coffee shop and it lead me where I am today.

Café Han.

The freshly brewed smell of coffee welcomed me as I enter Café Han and I saw this very cute barista preparing himself for a long day, I guess? It’s just morning anyway.

He looks very young but scratch that, maybe he’s just looking young?

“What’s your—“ He stopped, blinking. Oh, is there something wrong with my face today? 

“I would like to have a caramel frap.” I said with a smile, breaking the awkward silence.

“O-ohh right. Maa’m, would you like to try our green tea flavor?” Did he just stutter? No, I mean, he’s adorable. Now I can feel that he’s really young.

After he offered their new coffee flavor, which I’m very interested to taste but  not now because it’s my first time drinking their coffee.

He handed me the caramel frap and I can tell that he’s nervous since his palms are sweating and cold because it touched mine. What’s there to be nervous about? I’m curious haha.

So I went outside to sit on the nearest place where the router signal is really strong. Then, I opened my phone just because I promised Edge that I will have a video-call with him as soon as I’m at the coffee shop.

“Oh, Yuuuuul! Yo, how are you doing there? What’s the chika hm?” ( chika – story ) Edge said, waving and I gave him a wide smile, taking a sip on my cup of coffee before saying,

“Well it’s good to be back, twin! This caramel frap is ddaebak! Not to mention the barista… he’s really cute.”

“Woah gurl, show me! Hahaha, maybe I’ll fly myself there and steal him away from you. Kidding, but I miss you! Remember Sir Tony? I’m working with him now. When are you going back?”

“I’ll try to take a picture? Hehe, I will look like a freaking paparazzi you dimwit. Ohh are you kidding me?! Wow, that’s really good to hear. I’m going back in 6 months? Still have to clear up something here and I have to meet my brother—“

But before finishing my sentences, the cute barista handed me a glass of water; though I didn’t ask for it.

“Oh! Is he the barista you’re talking about?! Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Edge, Yuri’s friend. She said you’re very cute!”

Holy !? I forgot that Edge knows how to speak Korean and I mentioned him Mr. Barista.

Scratching my nape, I tried my best to hide my burning face.

“Please don’t mind him, he’s just really excited.” I said, smiling to the barista and bowed slightly before thanking him for the glass of water.

Jungkook’s POV

“Oh! Is he the barista you’re talking about?! Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Edge, Yuri’s friend. She said you’re very cute!” said the person Yuri-ssi’s talking to.

She told me about him? Really? And I’m cute? Hehehe nice.

“Please don’t mind him, he’s just really excited.” Yuri smiled at me and thanked me then I left, giving her an assuring smile that I really don’t mind—or not. Okay fine, I do mind. I think I just developed a crush on her. Just a crush, k?

“Jeon Jungkook! Come here!” shoot, back to work. Now I have to think of something… or plan?

Yuri’s POV

Jeon Jungkook.

So that’s his name.

Guess I have to remember that name in 6 months.

He’s interesting.