ALTERNATIVE ENDING

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 24 - Alternative Ending

"Kyungsoo gave you a drug that has no cure for it... You're paralysed and I know you're hurting. You're angry, sad, and hungry. You can't even move your eyeballs to look at your surroundings. You can't even... Look at me kneeling in front of you."

 

Suho continues, "I should've saved you, I could've saved you but... , I'm such an idiotic coward!" Suho buries his face into his palms while sobbing.

 

"I'm so sorry, Sarang... I'm sorry..."

 

Sarang's tears fall out of her eyes. Suho looks up and wipes Sarang's tears with his thumbs, "I want to help you, Sarang."

 

Suho pulls out a syringe from his doctor coat, "I really want to help you. I will end your suffering, Sarang. You will no longer feel pain and you will rest in peace."

 

Suho plants a five seconds kiss on Sarang's forehead, "I love you. I promise I will see you soon, love. Please wait for me there. Goodbye, Jung Sarang."

 

Sarang is shouting in her head, she tries to move her muscle but it's useless. Suddenly, made a sound of her struggling, "Hmm! Hmm! Hmm!"

 

Yixing takes out his gun and points it towards Suho. He has to shoot him from this distance because it will be too late if he runs towards them. Yixing closes his left eye, aiming at Suho. "I'm a sharp shooter... 100%."

 

Bang!

 

Suho shouts and hold his right shoulder. He falls to ground while, pressing on hos shoulder while groaning. Yixing runs towards him while pulling out his walkie-talkie, "I found him at the garden."

 

"We're already here!" The sergeant runs towards them and pulls out the handcuff from her pocket. Yixing looks at Suho, "Dr Kim Joonmyun, you're under arrest for murder, kidnap, and murder attempt." Yixing then turns to Sarang who's falling from her wheelchair. Yixing catches her and cups her face with anxiously, "Sarang? Sarang can you hear me? Sarang?!" He checks her pulse and it's slowing.

 

"! She was injected! Get her to the doctor! Sarang, stay with me!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One Year and a Half Later

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Sarang! Happy birthday to you!"

 

Sarang blows the candles and covers her face with the comforter with a wide smile on her face. Her mother touches her hair. "Happy birthday, darling." Sarang smiles, "Thank you mom."

 

"Well well... Looks like I'm late." Yixing gets in her room while taking off his black leather jacket. Minseok nods, "Indeed." Jongdae rolls his eyes, "You missed the birthday song Inspector Zhang."

 

Sarang shakes her head, "Actually, all of you were too early. Seriously? I was sleeping peacefully before all of you barged in my room. However, thank you for the birthday song and the cake." Her father laughs, "It was you friends' idea to barge in your room. Sarang scoffs, "As expected."

 

"Happy birthday 19th birthday, Sarang." Yixing grins. Sarang is still covering her face, "Thank you!" Jongdae smirks, "Aww Sarang is embarrassed because Yixing is here to look at her morning face." Sarang's eyes widened and she frowns to Yixing. Yixing stares at her and shrugs, making Sarang sighs. 'Looks like they still don't know that the date was supposed to be fake and Yixing already had a girlfriend.'

 

Sarang clears , still covering half of her face with the comforter, "Yixing... Where's your girlfriend?" Yixing shrugs, "I... Didn't bring her..." Everyone's eyes quickly fall on Yixing. Minseok blinks his eyes, "Girlfriend?"

 

Yixing grins awkwardly, "Ah... Yeah..." Jongdae and Minseok stare each other until Jongdae speaks up, "And we didn't know about this?" Sarang rolls her eyes, "Thanks for the birthday song and the cake but I would be even more thankful if you get out of my room so that I could clean up. I'll go outside once I've finished."

 

"Anything for you, gurl." Jongdae says and drags his two other friends out of Sarang's room. Sarang's father lifts his daughter after his mother pushes the wheelchair beside her bed. Her father puts her down on the wheelchair carefully and leaves the room once her mother pushes her wheelchair into the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing and Sarang look at the scenery behind Sarang's house, feeling the cool breeze on their faces. Yixing turns his head towards Sarang and he smiles, "How are your legs?" Sarang shrugs, "I think they're getting better. I could already feel my legs sometimes at night when it's cold."

 

Yixing nods while smiling, "Good to hear that."

 

"Yixing."

 

He hums and Sarang sighs, "I want to see Baekhyun." Yixing sighs but then he nods slowly, "When do you want to see him?" Sarang looks up to him, "Now?" Yixing crosses his arms, "Are you sure?" She turns away and looks at the scenery again before nodding her head. "Shh don't cry! I'll give you to your Yixing-ge." Jongdae comes from behind while carrying a one year old baby. Yixing takes the baby amd cradles her in his arms. Yixing smiles, "Don't cry..."

 

Sarang smiles when the baby's cry eases a little, "Looks like you're ready to be a father." He rolls his eyes, "It's too soon for that." Sarang laughs, "You're growing old, Yixing. You should definitely marry your girlfriend and make beautiful babies."

 

Jongdae sits on the grass beside Sarang's wheelchair. He looks up to Sarang, "Sarang's right. I can't wait to see mini you." Sarang nods, "Their babies are going to be really cute." Yixing blushes to the comment and shrugs, "I hope so."

 

Sarang looks at Jongdae before turning her head to Yixing, "Xing... I think we should go now." Jongdae raises his eyebrows, "Where to?" Yixing smiles, "Somewhere... We'll be back soon and we're all going to go for a dinner. You and Minseok decide where to eat, okay?"

 

Jongdae nods, "Okay. I'll see you later. Give mini Jung for me." Yixing nods and gives the baby girl to his friend. The baby blinks and wraps her hands around Jongdae's neck. Yixing waves and pecks her cheeks, "Bye Jung Sera... Let's go Sarang."

 

Sarang smiles and leans against her wheelchair when her best friend pushes it to the car. Yixing looks at her and smiles, "Sera looks like your mother." Sarang rolls her eyes, "No sherlock." He laughs and drives the car, heading to the asylum.

 

 

 

 

 

Sarang stares at the Baekhyun, who is sketching on his sketch book. Yixing looks at her and asks, "Are you going inside?" Sarang shrugs, "I-I don't know."

Yixing looks at the glimpse of the nurse in Baekhyun's ward. "Baekhyun-ssi, your food is here." Baekhyun turns his head and nods once before smiling to the nurse, "Thank you."

 

The nurse nods and places the tray on the table near his bed, "I'll put this here." Baekhyun continues his sketching, "Alright. Thanks." The nurse gets out of the ward and gives a tiny smile to both Yixing and Sarang. Sarang turns her wheelchair away, "I'll be outside."

 

Yixing watches as she goes away. He enters Baekhyun's ward and gives him a small smile. "Hello Yixing."

 

"Hello Baekhyun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Yixing sit on the bench at the garden awkwardly. Sometimes, the air is filled by the chatters of patients and nurses. The two of them would just sigh for a few times. Baekhyun breaks the silence, "How've you been?" Yixing looks at him, "Alright... I guess. How about you?"

 

Baekhyun chuckles, "Never better."

 

Yixing nods in understatement and he crosses his arms, "Are you alright?" Baekhyun shrugs, "I don't know. I hope." Yixing stares at him from his head until his toes. He thinks Baekhyun looks the same except for his shine in his eyes. They used to shine in arrogance but now those eyes look very lonely. Baekhyun pulls his hair back with his left arm and he eases his posture, "How is she?"

 

As expected. He knows that Baekhyun would ask about her so he smiles a little, "I don't know." Baekhyun stares at him, "What do you mean?"

Yixing shrugs and he gets up, "You should ask her yourself." He walks away and Baekhyun is left there clueless. He gets up and turns around, "Yix... Sarang?"

 

Baekhyun is frozen right there, right now. His jaw is opened a little and he holds his breath. His heartbeat becomes faster and he could not think of any word to be spoken. Sarang stares at him without a smile but she greets him anyway, "Hi."

Baekhyun blinks his eyes and his legs slowly carry him towards Sarang. He keeps on staring at her in disbelief, "S-sarang..."

 

Baekhyun's heart is filled with anger, guilt, and sadness when he looks at Sarang's wheelchair. He looks at her legs and mentally curses himself. He genuinely sorry for everything he had done and he's pissed at himself because he couldn't control his mentality before. "Sarang... was it because of... me?" Sarang understands and looks at her legs, "They're getting better."

 

She goes towards the bench and stares at Baekhyun as he sits back on the bench beside her. Baekhyun looks down, "I didn't think that you would want to come here after what I've done..." Sarang looks away, "I didn't think of that either at first."

 

Baekhyun sighs, "I'm sorry Sarang." Sarang sighs, "It's in the past Baekhyun." Baekhyun frowns, "You... forgive me?" She nods slowly but he shakes his head in shocked, "Why? How?" Sarang crosses her arms, "I have to."

 

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asks. Sarang stares at him and suddenly asks, "Baekhyun...When you said you loved me before... was it true?" Baekhyun i taken aback by the question and his jaw slightly open. He stares into her eyes, seeing the seriousness and the intensity in them. Baekhyun slowly shuts his eyes and nods slowly.

 

"What about now?"

 

Baekhyun opens his eyes and stares into the dark brown eyes again and his lips automatically curls up into a tiny smile, "Every day..." Sarang's eyes widened, "A-are you sure?" Baekhyun nods, "I love you. I loved you so much and I became obsessed with you. But now... I love you and I have to let you go."

 

Sarang almost hug him when he says that but she keeps calm and keeps on staring at him. Baekhyun continues, "I know now. I know and I realised what love is. To love is to see someone we love happy, right?" Sarang almost smiles. He sighs, "I know, just as much that I love you... I can't get you and I can't have you... If you don't love me back."

 

Sarang melts when she heard that. Her tears suddenly fall from her eyes and she wipes them with her thumb. "Baekhyun... Thank you. Thank you for loving me." He nods with a gentle smile, "Thanks to you too. But still, I am truly sorry for what I have done to you." Sarang holds his hands, "Baekhyun... I..."

 

Baekhyun stares at her, waiting for her next words. Sarang breaks down into tears and Baekhyun cups her face, "S-sarang... W-why are you crying? Are you... Are you alright? Hey..."

 

Sarang pushes his hands from her face and stares at him, "Baekhyun... I will wait for you." Baekhyun's eyes widened. Before he could speak, Sarang cuts him, "If you really love me, then I'll wait for you."

 

Baekhyun shuts his eyes and sighs in relief while his smile is becoming wider, "You love me?" Sarang shakes her head, "I can try." Baekhyun touches her right cheek, "Sarang... If you don't love me, you don't have to do this. You don't have to pity me..."

She shakes her head vigorously, "I'm not pitying you. I promise I will try to love you. I'm not doing this for ourselves but also our..."

 

"Our what?"

 

Sarang inhales deeply, "You were right, Baekhyun. There is a baby..." Baekhyun gasps and cups her face again, "Oh, Sarang... I'm sorry... I'm really really sorry... I promise you, I will take care of you and her with all my heart when I got out of here." Sarang nods, "She really looks like you." Baekhyun chuckles in happiness, "She? Sarang, thank you so much for taking care of her... I... I love you so much."

 

Sarang smiles to him, "Does this mean that I can be yours?" Baekhyun nods and she smiles, "Forever?"

 

Baekhyun hugs her tightly, "Until I die."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The baby survived?!"

 

"H-how???"

 

"But the mother was drugged and paralysed for a while until she was drugged again!"

 

"But it's still breathing in there..."

 

"It's a miracle!"

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun holds her hand, "What's her name?"

Sarang smiles, "Sera. Byun Sera." Baekhyun repeats after her and smiles widely, "I can't wait to see our daughter."

 

After a few seconds, Baekhyun frowns, "But... What about your family?" Sarang smiles, "They don't know about the kidnappers, they don't know about you. Once you're out of this place, you are just Byun Baekhyun to everyone. Byun Baekhyun who promised to take care of me and Sera."

 

Baekhyun smiles, "I love you Sarang."

 

With that, Sarang's heart melts and she caresses his smooth cheek, "And I love you too, Baekhyun."

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                   THE END


Author's Note:
Sooooo, I'll be editing some stuffs before I'll do the epilogue for the first ending. It won't take long so, yeah. :D WEIGHT(but wait) check my new fic here --> 

Roses for Qian

Genre: thriller, mystery, romance, psychological, slightcomedy

Characters: Kim Qian(oc)/you, Lu Han, Lay, Kai, Suho