Nine

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 9

Kai takes his axe from the slaughter room and walks into the elevator. Kyungsoo's voice from the walkie-talkie fills the silent atmosphere, "She's in the art room."

 

"I'm on my way." Kai says, carrying his axe on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

Sarang is looking at the drawings carefully. She is really sure that the girls in the drawing were their victims. Sarang looks at one drawing which says 'luxuria'. Sarang feels like she's seen her face before but the water colour paint made it a little hard to familiarise the face.

 

Sarang's eyes suddenly becomes wide, "Kristen Wu?"

 

Sarang flinched when Kai barges in the room with an angry expression. Kai walks towards her, "What the have you done? Hurting our friend?"

 

Sarang clenches her teeth, "What the are you going to do? Killing me?" Sarang backs away until she reaches the large table. She takes the wooden stand that is used to hold the canvas beside the table and holds it nervously.

 

"What can a wood do to fight a metal?" Kai rolls his eyes and charges towards her. She runs out of the room and looks behind her. Kai is running after her with a smirk plastered on his face. Sarang takes a vase from the table in the hallway and throws it to Kai's face. Kai protects his face with the axe and Sarang takes the chance to hit him with the stand.

 

Kai groans and he swings the axe, but Sarang was already on his back while pulling his hair. Kai automatically throws the axe to the floor and uses his hands to push Sarang from his back. Sarang wraps her legs around Kai's waist and also her left arm around his neck while her right hand is pushing Kai's head.

 

Kai groans angrily and slams his back to the wall for a few times, making Sarang is the one who is slammed to wall. She shouts out loud, keeps on choking Kai. She still holds on tight to Kai until he's tired. When he's about to fall, Sarang jumps down to the floor and runs to get the axe.

 

After that, she runs towards Kai and kicks his face. He faints and she walks to the camera.

 

"You want to play a game? Okay, let's play a game. Bring it on, es!" Sarang shouts and swings the axe to the camera.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo gets up from his seat, "YOU !"

 

Sarang laughs when the speakers vibrate a little hard due to Kyungsoo's ear piercing shout. Sarang keeps on smashing the cameras, "Oh I can be more than a ."

 

4 cameras down.

9 cameras down.

18 cameras down.

23 cameras down.

 

Sarang wipes her sweat, " I'm tired."

 

The cameras on the 11th floor are all dead. Sarang smiles in satisfaction.

 

'How are you going to find me now, gentlemen?'

 

Suho runs towards Sehun that has been left bleeding on the floor and he kneels beside him, "Sehun-ah! Stay awake!"

 

Sehun blinks his eyes for a few times. His fair skin turns pale due to loss of blood and the unbearable pain in his body, "H-h-hyu-hyung..." Suho checks his pulse and stares at him in horror, "You'll be fine, Sehun. Come on, I'll help you to get up."

 

Sehun groans, "I-I can't... It hurts... A lot. That s-! She ing s-stabbed me!"

 

Suho shakes his head, "Stop talking. Keep your eyes open, okay? We will get up on three, I need you to be strong. On three! One, two, three!"

 

They get up quickly and Sehun screams out loud. Suho frowns and holds Sehun tightly. Sehun cries, "My legs hyung! M-my legs!"

 

"You need a surgery. Please hold on, we just need to get into the elevator." Suho holds him and they both get into the elevator. Suho looks at the wounds and frowns, "They're pretty deep. We have to hurry."

 

They walk quickly into the surgery room and Suho lies Sehun down onto the bed. "You'll be fine, Sehun.

 

 

 

 

"We lost the signal again, Inspector."

 

The inspector punches his car honk due to frustration, "I know... this , we were so close!"

 

The sergeant sighs through the phone, "We are. I believe we will get the signal again soon. We will wait at the current spot until the signal shows up again."

 

The inspector frowns, "I know but this is all about time. What if... Sarang... Oh God... I'm sorry, Sarang. I'm sorry!" He wraps his face with his palms.

 

"Inspector, I believe Sarang would be fine. You told me that she's brave and strong, right?"

 

The inspector suddenly stays silent only small gasps coming out from his mouth.

 

"Inspector?"

 

"Inspector, are you still there?"

 

"Inspector, can you hear me?"

 

"Inspector Zhang?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Inspector Zhang Yixing, are you alright?"


Author's Note:
Eyyyyy yes it's him as the Inspector. The secret will be revealed in other chapters soon. ;)