Thirteen

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 13

"Let me go!" Sarang shouts when she got dragged by Kai, all the way to the rooftop again. Kai drags her to the edge, pushing her head to look only God knows how many feet tall is the mansion. Sarang struggles, "K-Kai..."

 

"Scared?" Kai laughs darkly. Sarang struggles, "Please..."

 

"You're killing so much people here. You also broke many rules. We're the hosts here. The rule is, we kill, and you die. Not you kill, we die." Kai pushes her face to the concrete wall. Sarang frowns, "Your rule is invalid."

 

The sky is dark; no stars could be seen except the full moon. The rooftop is only shone with some lights from the spotlight. Sarang noticed the cameras are slowly shutting down because the small red light from them stopped blinking. Kai lifts Sarang's slim body onto the edge quickly, earning a scream from her.

 

"Kai, please! Don't do this, I'm begging you!" Sarang struggles from his tight hug. She can't move her arms as Kai is holding her really tight. Kai laughs, "I like it when you beg. You became thinner and lighter, you know? I could throw you now easily."

 

"Please, Kai. Please let me go..."

 

Kai stares at her with a creepy smile, "Really? You want me to let go?"

 

Sarang shakes her head, "NO! No, no, no! Don't let go of me! Please!" Sarang cries her heart out; her legs are kicking the air at the edge.

 

"I can't hold you anymore. You would just kill more of us in the end." Kai says, losing the grip.

 

"Goodbye, Sarang."

 

"ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!"

 

Kai's and Sarang's ear piercing screams fill the silent night air as the fall off the edge together. However, someone caught Sarang's hand. Sarang looks down, staring at the falling Kai. His scream is fading away as he keeps on going down. "K-Kai..."

 

Sarang finally looks up to look at her saviour. She gasps as the person pulls her up and she ended up falling forward to his chest.

 

"W-why? Why?" Sarang stares at him.

 

"You need to get out of here." Chanyeol drags her to the elevator. Sarang follows his steps.

 

"Change into these. You can run faster in it." Chanyeol gives her an oversized shirt and a legging. "You better change now, I won't look. I've turned off the cameras."

 

Chanyeol turns around and Sarang puts on the clothes immediately in the elevator.

 

"Are you done?" Chanyeol asks. Sarang winces in pain as she's putting on the legging, "Almost... Alright done." Chanyeol then turns around. The silence makes things really awkward. Sarang looks at him, "Why?"

 

"I don't know." Chanyeol answers simply. Sarang holds his left arm, making him stares at her, "Then how? You were dying to kill me and now you're helping me out. What happened?" Chanyeol sighs, "I made a mis-I made mistakes, Sarang."

 

"How could you realise that so easily? What made you changed so... Fast?"

 

"Death." He says in monotone. Sarang backs away, "Chanyeol, I didn't mean to kill Sehun. I was scared! All of you were hunting me!" Chanyeol nods, "I know. And by the way, Baekhyun's dead too."

 

Sarang cups , "Chanyeol, I swear he was still alive before I ran out of the room! His heart was still beating, I swear to God Chanyeol!"

 

Chanyeol looks at her and shakes his head, "Not anymore. Sarang... Just forget about it. You just ne- I mean you have to get out of here."

 

Sarang steps forward, holding both of Chanyeol's arms, "You were mad at me."

 

"I was. They're like my family."

 

"Then why are you helping me instead?"

 

"I cared so much about them but... They don't."

 

Sarang wrinkles her forehead, "What do you mean?"

 

 

 

 

"There's no humanity! There's no humanity here, in this house! We are monsters, Chanyeol. Monsters."

 

And it hit Chanyeol hard.

 

'Humanity.'

 

'Humanity.'

 

'What have I done?'

 

Chanyeol grabs a baseball bat near the table, staring at Kyungsoo coldly. Kyungsoo backs away, "What are you doing?"

 

"I was." Chanyeol says and swings the baseball bat to Kyungsoo's head. He passes out and Chanyeol takes the chance to shut down the cameras after he looks at the monitor. Kai is draging Sarang to the rooftop.

 

"."

 

 

 

 

"Death changed me. Even though they don't care about me, it still hurts in here; heart. Losing someone you truly love hurts so much. Remember when you said you're the only child in your family?" He asks. He smiles sadly when Sarang nods.

 

"Your parents must be really sad if they lose you." As the elevator opens, Chanyeol drags her again to the living room. Sarang stares at the gigantic door; the entrance and the only exit.

 

Chanyeol takes out a key that twice the size of the rooms' keys. He unlocks the door and holds Sarang's shoulders for a while, "Sarang... I-I... I'm sorry."

 

"Go... You're free." Chanyeol puts his hands down. Sarang stares at him, "Thank you so much, Chanyeol." Sarang hugs him tightly and Chanyeol replies. Sarang wrinkles her forehead when she felt a sudden hard flinch from Chanyeol. She feels something is trickling down her head, slowly to her cheek. She releases the hug, only to find Chanyeol's mouth is full of blood running down from it.

 

"CHANYEOL!" Chanyeol slowly falls down when Sarang backs away, revealing a bloody Baekhyun. Baekhyun smirks and stares at her, "Hello sweetheart."

 

"Ch-chanyeol..." Sarang cups , seeing the axe is stuck on Chanyeol's back. Baekhyun pulls out the axe from Chanyeol's back. The sound of Chanyeol's bones make Sarang gasps. Sarang stares at Baekhyun, "Y-you're..."

 

"Dead? No darling. It hurts when you slammed my head to the wall but... That can't kill me." Baekhyun laughs, walking slowly towards her as she backs away.

 

"But they..."

 

"Oh... I'm sorry that they blamed you that you're the one who 'killed' me. It was Suho actually. Do you know what his mistake was when he tried to kill me? As a doctor, he choked me and after I died, he didn't check my pulse. Funny guy." Baekhyun laughs and throws the axe on the sofa.

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun!" Suho runs towards Baekhyun's body. He checks Baekhyun's pulse and sighs in relief. Baekhyun's eyebrows move slowly. "I found Baekhyun on the floor. His head is bleeding and Sarang is nowhere to be seen." Suho speaks through the walkie talkie.

 

"Hnnggnn..." Baekhyun groans. Suho touches Baekhyun's right shoulder, "Are you alright?"

 

Baekhyun sighs, "Do I look alright?" Suho bits his lower lip, his mind is battling between two things.

 

To kill Baekhyun, or not to kill Baekhyun. "Baekhyun-ah."

 

Baekhyun raises his eyebrows, "What?"

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened when Suho gets on top of him and chokes his neck. Baekhyun's tongue comes out a little, "W-what a-are you.. Do-doing?!"

 

"You hurt her."

 

"We've probably made a deal of keeping her alive but I know you Byun Baekhyun. You're going to use her. You're going to use her beauty, her personality, and her body! Let me tell you something, Baek. The others don't really like the idea of keeping her alive; they're going to kill her anyway." Suho tightens his grip on his neck, making Baekhyun struggles.

 

"I won't let you or anyone hurt her."

 

Baekhyun's eyes slowly shutting down, his struggles lessen and soon, his body gives in to oblivion. Suho could clearly see Sarang has run passed him.

 

Suho clenches his fist, 'Run, Sarang.'

 

Suho takes out his walkie talkie, "Baekhyun's d-dead..." He then gets out of the room, leaving Baekhyun on the floor. After a few seconds, Baekhyun opens his eyes; his hands are curling into fists, "Well then."

 

 

 

 

"Sarang... How did you do that?"

 

He stares at the dead Chanyeol and Sarang shakes her head, "You did that."

 

"The axe thing, yes. But damn, Sarang. How did you get Chanyeol and Suho to... change? How did you kick some humanity in them? Jung Sarang, you're one hell of a miracle!" Baekhyun taps his chin, wiping of some blood on his face and his head.

 

Sarang flinches when her back hits the wall. Baekhyun stops, "They want to let you go... They want to let you go..."

 

Baekhyun lunges towards her and cups her face, "You can't! I don't let you go! You're mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! You can't leave me! You. Are. Mine!" Baekhyun kicks the wall, still cupping Sarang's face. Sarang breathes heavily, "Why Baekhyun?"

 

Baekhyun suddenly smiles sweetly, caressing Sarang's cheeks, "Because... You are beautiful. You're my inspiration. You are the best inspiration for me. Maybe, we can live together and... Love each other... Forever."

 

"We can live happily ever after... Together with our baby."

 

"Baekhyun, there is no baby." Sarang whispers. Baekhyun looks down and then looks up again with an angry expression, "There is! There is! If there's not a baby then it will be there!"

 

Baekhyun ruffles his hair and shouts crazily. Sarang shuts her eyes tight; tears are streaming down her eyes. Baekhyun suddenly stares at her, "Sweetheart, I've found this in your room where you've spent one night in it."

 

Baekhyun holds up Sarang's hairpin. The little black flower shape on the hairpin glows red when he pressed it. He smiles creepily, "Jung Sarang dear... Who are you?"

 

Sarang stares at the hairpin before staring into Baekhyun's eyes. "Sarang, I'm asking you a question."

 

"Who exactly are you?"

 

Sarang breathes in and then exhales slowly, her eyes changing to be stone cold, " this ."

 

Sarang then kicks him in the stomach, pushing him away. She runs towards him and her right leg hits Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun falls to the ground, holding his stomach, "What the ?!"

 

"It's supposed to be 'who the '." Sarang was about to kick him in the face but he grabbed her leg and pulled her down. Sarang kicks his face with her free leg and he frowns. Baekhyun crawls onto her and chokes , "Alright then. Who the are you?"

 

Sarang smirks even though her neck is wrapped by Baekhyun's strong hands.

 

"The wrong girl."

 

Sarang pulls his hair, hitting his already injured head for exactly three times, until he rolls to the left, holding his head while shouting in pain. "You killed Chanyeol." Sarang kicks his abdomen, "You kidnapped me." Another kick on his abdomen, "You hurt me." Another kick, "You were trying to kill me." One more kick, "You drugged me." Another painful kick, "You me." Still kicking, "You've done so many things to me and your other victims."

 

Baekhyun pulls out his gun from his pocket. Sarang saw it already and she grabs it, pointing it to Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun backs away, putting up his hands in the air, "Sarang... Please don't shoot."

 

"I like it when you beg." Sarang says. Baekhyun stares at her.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand is holding his head with a groan. He then turns on the cameras again. His eyes widened, seeing Sarang with a gun. "!"

 

"I... I need you, Sarang. Give me a chance to have you. I won't hurt you." Baekhyun pleads. Sarang shakes her head, "You had me for six days already."

 

"I-I won't hurt you anymore. I promise."

 

"You've hurt me so much. I won't trust you."

 

"You should not trust him." Kyungsoo says from behind her. She gasps and before she could turn around, Kyungsoo punches her face and the gun flew away from her hand. Sarang backs away but Kyungsoo is faster. He launches his fist and pulls her hair, slamming her body to the wall.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head, "Kyungsoo... Don't!" Baekhyun was heading towards them when he felt an awful pain on his thigh. Blood comes out from it and he's slowly falling to the ground. Baekhyun breathes heavily, "No... No... No..."

 

Baekhyun is left lying with his chest on the ground; his right hand is placed on his thigh. Baekhyun could only stare at the two people fighting because he can no longer move.

 

Sarang launches her fist to Kyungsoo's face. He simply dodges it and launches back. However, Sarang dodges it quickly and kicks him in the stomach. Kyungsoo touches his stomach, "You know what, Sarang? I have the same question as Baekhyun."

 

"Who exactly are you?"


Author's Note:
Hi! Okay, so I told you guys that this would be the last chapter (which it's supposed to be) BUT then I realized it will be long as . So when I divided some parts, there are still five more chapters to go (damn that's long). No worries, I'll update soon! Stay with me, guys! Remember about the surprises XD