Twenty

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 20 - Byun Baekhyun

Byun Baekhyun, age 20 (2012)

 

 

Baekhyun stared at the girl who was wearing a yellow dress at the cafeteria. She was sitting opposite him and she was talking to her friend. Baekhyun smiled to himself when she smiled widely, flashing her thousand kilowatts smile to her friend. Baekhyun took out his camera and quickly pressed the shutter button. However, his DSLR was set to auto, so the flash suddenly jolted up and the girl flinched.

 

Baekhyun looked down and cursed himself for embarrassing himself. The girl stared at him and walked towards him. She sat at the same table as Baekhyun opposite him and asked, "Whose photo were you taking?"

 

Baekhyun smiled charmingly, "I'm sorry, it was you."

 

The girl smiled back, "It's alright but... May I know why?"

 

"Because you're beautiful."

 

Baekhyun chuckled a little when he saw the girl's face turned red. Baekhyun asked, "I took Art. Can I draw you by looking at the picture I took just now?"

 

The girl smiled shyly, "I'm flattered but... Can I look at the photo?"

 

Baekhyun showed the photo in his DSLR and the girl smiled, "Can I have one copy of this photo? I like it, thanks."

 

Baekhyun nodded, "Of course you can. And thank you for letting me draw you. I'll show you the drawing after I've finished."

 

"What's your name?" She asked.

 

"I am Byun Baekhyun. You?"

 

"Lee Dahae."

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun walked towards Dahae and her friends, "Hey Dahae-ssi."

 

Dahae smiled, "Baekhyun-ssi!" Baekhyun pulled out an envelope from his backpack and gave it to Dahae. Dahae asked, "The photo?" Baekhyun nodded and he smiled a little when Dahae pulled out the photo and grinned happily, "Thank you so much."

 

Baekhyun nodded, "No problem at all. I should get going now. There's a little tinier thing to do before your drawing is perfect."

 

Dahae's jaw dropped, "It's almost done?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Can I see it?"

 

 

 

 

"It's amazing, Baekhyun-ssi." Dahae stared at the drawing in awe. Baekhyun stared at her face, "Thank you."

 

"You're very talented!" Dahae smiled and turned her face to Baekhyun, only to find he was already staring. Their eyes met and they froze just like that until Baekhyun asked, "Dahae-ssi, would you go out with me?"

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, age 21 (2013)

 

 

So they went out. Baekhyun had graduated from Seoul University in Art Course while Dahae was still studying there in Interior Designing. Baekhyun got more popular day by day as more and more art museums wanted to put Baekhyun's masterpieces on their walls. He even got many requests from some publishing companies to make book covers for some novels.

 

Being in a one year relationship with Lee Dahae wasn't easy at all. She was busy with her assignments and Baekhyun was busy on working. Baekhyun would always pick her up from the university to go home but one day, Baekhyun saw Dahae with another guy talking on the stairs. When Dahae saw Baekhyun's Ford, she flashed a smile to the guy before waving a goodbye. Dahae walked towards the Ford quickly and greeted her boyfriend cheerfully, "Hi Baek-"

 

"Who was that guy?" Baekhyun cut her off and she blinked for a few times, "He's... A friend... Why?"

 

"I don't like you're being near him." Baekhyun said bluntly. Dahae frowned, "Baek... He's a friend from the same class."

 

"I don't care." Baekhyun stared at her coldly; making Dahae shut in cluelessness.

 

 

 

 

Jealousy.

It had always been haunting and following Baekhyun anyway he went. For him, Dahae was his and only his.

 

"Baek... What are you doing? Let me go!" Dahae's tears fell from her eyes. Baekhyun shook his head, "I told you to not to talk to any other guys other than me. What was so hard about that?"

 

"Baek, they're my friends! I can't ignore them when they greet me... Please understand me Baek... I don't even mad when you were talking to other girls." Dahae struggled from Baekhyun's tightly tied rope from the chair.

 

Baekhyun laughed, "So now you're pointing the mistake towards me?" Dahae shook her head, "No, I don't blame you. I just need you to think more rationally and be more considerate."

 

"So I'm not thinking rationally now? Telling my girlfriend to not talking to other guys is not rational?" Baekhyun smiled in a heavy sigh. Dahae shook her head, "That's not rational, Baekhyun! That's jealousy!"

 

"Yes, I am! That's why I told you to stay away from guys. I don't care whether the guy is your classmate or whatsoever. I wanted you to stay away from guys!" Baekhyun shouted, making Dahae flinched.

 

"Baekhyun... What happened to you?"

 

"Me? Nothing happened to me." Baekhyun shrugged. Dahae frowned, "Baekhyun! You kidnapped me! You are literally tying me up on a chair and you said nothing?"

 

"It was because of you! If you didn't do the things I don't like, I wouldn't be doing this!" Baekhyun messed up his hair in frustration. Dahae stared at him, "Baekhyun, you need help."

 

Baekhyun laughed, "Excuse me?"

 

"You need help, Baekhyun."

 

"Are you telling me crazy?" Baekhyun leaned in closer to her face. She looked down and shook her head. Baekhyun lifted her chin up with his index finger, "You were telling me I'm crazy right? Let me tell you what crazy is!"

 

Baekhyun took a wooden plank beside him and Dahae shook her head, "Baekhyun, what are you doing? Please don't do this." Baekhyun just stared at her, lifting the wooden plank up high.

 

"Baekhyun, please! Why are you hurting me? I thought you love me!"

 

Baekhyun smiled a little, "I did love you."

 

"I'll see you in heaven, Dahae."

 

And he swung the wooden plank to her head rapidly for multiple times. And then he drew her one more time for a memory.

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, age 23 (2015)

 

 

"This is amazing! It's perfect for the thriller novel! The face of the dead looked so real and I love how the head didn't fall fully from her body. It's awesome! Don't you think Sehun-ssi?"

 

Sehun smiled at his boss and Baekhyun, the artist who drew the book cover.

 

"It's a masterpiece."


Author's Note:
Here's your double update. Thanks for waiting! I'll see you in the next chapter and please comment below. I really love to see your comments <3