Seventeen

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 17 - Do Kyungsoo

Do Kyungsoo, age 8 (2001)

 

 

"Appa! It hurts! Appa!!!"

 

The man didn't even care. He kept on kicking the boy's and fragile body. His face was red due to anger. Sweats were falling from his forehead on the little boy.

 

"Appa! Stop, it hurts!"

 

"That's what you get for breaking my stuffs!" He kicked the boy on the abdomen. Only God knew how many bruises were there on his pale skin. Red, blue, and purple bruises could be seen clearly since the boy was wearing a short-sleeve t-shirt.

 

"I'm sorry, appa! I'm sorry!" The boy cried louder and suddenly the man stopped kicking him when a loud female voice were heard upstairs, "Yah! Honey, stop it already! He doesn't worth more kicking from you. We still need him healthy for him to go to school. Just forget about it, honey."

 

"This son of a broke my stuff! He ing deserved more." The man shouted and then the female voice laughed, "That was your ex-wife."

 

"Don't mention her name anymore. Listen kiddo, you better go clean up yourself and sleep. Don't even think of having dinner tonight! Go!"

 

Kyungsoo wipes his tears and ran into his room, locking it. He fell on his knees and cried his heart out, "O-omma... Why'd you leave me?"

 

His mother died right after he was born. His filthy father can't accept the fate of the human nature. He blamed Kyungsoo for being born and made his wife died. His father remarried someone named Haerin. Haerin was Kyungsoo's stepmother and she did not really care about him. She could be a but she did not abuse Kyungsoo. When Kyungsoo's father beat him up, Haerin would just stay out of the business and walked away without even trying to stop his husband.

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, age 9 (2002)

 

 

Kyungsoo finally left the house when his rich uncle found out that his brother in-law had been abusing his nephew. He still remembers his father's bruised face because his uncle punched him before they got out of the house.

 

"Why didn't you tell anyone about this?!" His uncle touched Kyungsoo's bruises gently. He winced in pain and his uncle stopped. "Kyungsoo, if someone ever hurt you... Tell me. Okay?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded slowly.

 

"Promise, you'll tell me?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded again. His uncle smiled and hugged him dearly, "I love you so much."

 

Kyungsoo was loved and cherished by his uncle whole heartedly.

 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, age 14 (2007)

 

 

Kyungsoo's uncle finally got married with a really beautiful woman. His aunt gave the same love as his uncle gave him. She was really nice and she would give Kyungsoo anything he liked. His uncle was 22 years old and his aunt was 18 years old, which was really young. Her aunt would always treated him like her own son since she couldn't get pregnant. His uncle accepted his aunt with an open heart, and maybe that was why their relationship last long.

 

Although Kyungsoo was loved at home, he got bullied a lot at school. His aunt got curious when Kyungsoo often came home with different bruises almost every day. One day, she talked to him and for her surprise, Kyungsoo was bullied.

 

"Why won't you tell us?" His aunt asked. Kyungsoo looked down, "I... Don't want to make you worried so I just told the teachers."

 

"Then what did the teacher do?" She asked and Kyungsoo stay shut. His aunt was still waiting for his answer, "Kyungsoo..."

 

"The teacher told me that she would take care of that but... Nothing changed."

 

His aunt told her husband and he was really furious. The next day, his uncle and his aunt went to Kyungsoo's school. Of course, after being attacked by a parent, the school administrators would be even more aware of this case especially when the parent was part of the second richest company.

 

From that time, the teachers would always care about Kyungsoo. The bullies were no longer increasing; but the mocking sounds won't stop bothering him from each corner of the school.

 

"Mommy's boy!"

 

"Daddy's boy!"

 

"Spoilt rich kid!"

 

"What a brat!"

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, age 16 (2009)

 

 

The mocks haven't decrease, but he managed to just stay silent about it and not giving a single about them. One day, when he got home from school late in the evening, he went upstairs and showered. He went out of the bathroom, and heard some noise downstairs.

 

Kyungsoo got dressed and called one of the maids in the house, "Sera noona!"

 

"KYUNGSOO HIDE!!!"

 

As he heard the scream from his aunt downstairs, he quickly locked the door and turned off the lights. He grabbed his phone and hid under the bed. He could hear the loud sound of someone barging into rooms. He dialled 119 and quickly spoke softly yet clearly to the operator.

 

"H-help me..."

 

"The help is on the way. Stay quiet and please stay safe."

 

Kyungsoo flinched when his room was barged. The intruder switched on the lights. He kept quiet and looked at the invader from the bed. Suddenly, his phone rang and Kyungsoo cursed himself for being stupid. Kyungsoo threw his phone to the left side of the bed. When the intruder ran towards the phone, Kyungsoo quickly slid out from under the bed to the right side and ran.

 

Kyungsoo ran downstair and literally froze when someone in a black mask stabbed his aunt with a knife. Kyungsoo's tears came out from his eyes and he didn't think straight. He jumped onto the er's back and chokes him from behind.

 

Kyungsoo was holding too tightly to the thief's throat that he heard a crack.

 

Crack.

 

Kyungsoo stopped and jumped down of the man, only to find him fell to the ground lifelessly. Kyungsoo stared at his dead uncle. His uncle was bleeding on the head and he was stabbed multiple times.

 

"Uncle..." His voice cracked. When Kyungsoo saw someone was coming towards him, he took the knife and threw it and it stuck right to his chest. Kyungsoo was raging, he charged towards the man, stabbing the man heartlessly.

 

"DIE!"

 

Blood spluttered on each of Kyungsoo's body. He stopped and ran towards his uncle's and aunt's dead bodies. Kyungsoo held them both while crying loudly.

 

"Uncle! Auntie! Don't leave me!!!"

 

"Freeze, we're pol-oh my God..." The police stared each other for the scene in front of them.

 

"Uncle! Auntie!!!"

 

The police whispered, "Get the trauma team."

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, age 17 (2010)

 

Kyungsoo went back to school at the age of 17. He'd seen the counsellor, the therapist, the psychologist and they said Kyungsoo's good to go from the trauma. The mocks that used to be heard were changed to whispers.

 

"He murdered the thief."

 

"He's scary."

 

"Maybe he's the one who killed his own family."

 

Kyungsoo stopped his steps and stared at the face who owned the voice, "What did you say?"

 

"Nothing." He replied anxiously.

 

"I heard you... You better watch your mouth." Kyungsoo gave him an icy cold expression and monotone.

 

"He's a murderer."

 

Kyungsoo heard another voice and stared at the person coldly.

 

The guy smirked, "What? You're going to kill me?"

 

Kyungsoo's expression and tone didn't change, "Yes. If you won't stop talking about me then I would just have to slaughter you."

 

And they gulped.

 

Kyungsoo had never felt so good when people were scared of him.  

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, age 20 (2013)

 

From that time, he has never been bullied or talked about ever again. He felt really good when someone was scared of him. It felt like he's above them. He often watched someone being bullied but he only thought,

 

"I must say it's kind of fun to look at it."


Author's Note:
-