Six

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 6

Suho takes Sarang's hand and he is surprisingly gentle. He makes Sarang wraps her hand around his arm and he smiles to her. Sarang notices his smile even though she didn't look at him. She keeps on looking down, holding back her tears.

 

"You know you can't run, right?" Suho asks and Sarang shrugs, "I could always try."

 

Suho looks at her in amusement, "You're quite different from other girls."

 

"Do you know what Zavia Breatan means?" He asks when Sarang keeps on shutting . Sarang shakes her head and Suho nods, "Of course no one knows. Zavia means brand new home."

 

"What about Breatan?" Sarang asks.

 

"Danger."

 

"Beautiful name." Sarang says sarcastically, making Suho chuckles a little. They stop in front of a room that says Music Room.

 

"I'll leave you to Chanyeol first. Don't worry, he would only ask you some questions. You just have to answer them. But before that, I will give you a photo album. The photo album has some photos in it, you just have to choose one photo on each pages." Suho says and they step in the room. Sarang looks around the spacious room that is full of musical instruments before looking at Chanyeol who's sitting on the chair in front of a stand that has some sheets on it.

 

Sarang turns her gaze away when Chanyeol looks at her. She is truly amazed by his charm but she pushed it away, remembering who he is behind the handsome face. His expression is unreadable. It's not cold, not angry, not pissed, and not calm either. It's like as if he doesn't have any expression at all. Call it exaggerating but that's how Sarang describes him.

 

"Have a seat." Suho says before he sits opposite Sarang. Sarang sits on the chair and looks down. Suho takes out a photo album from the drawer and hands it to Sarang.

 

"Choose one that you're afraid the most. Understand?" Suho asks and Sarang nods slowly.

 

She opens the photo album and look at the pages. On the first page is a photo of a mansion with a scarecrow standing at the middle of the field. Next to it on the second page is a photo of the same mansion but without the scarecrow. Sarang points her index finger to a photo.

 

Mansion with scarecrow.

 

Suho nods and writes down the note in his journal. She turns to the next page.

 

Falling or drowning?

Falling.

 

Ghosts or zombies?

Ghosts.

 

Gun or knife?

Gun.

 

Knife or axe?

Axe.

 

Axe or gun?

Gun.

 

Gore or ghosts?

Gore.

 

Snakes or spiders?

Snakes.

 

Zombies or snakes?

Snakes.

 

Lust or greed?

Greed.

 

Pride or lust?

Lust.

 

Baekhyun or Kai?

 

'Wait, what? Why do I have to choose either of them?' Sarang looks at Suho but he just smiles.

 

Baekhyun or Kai?

Kai.

 

Sehun or Kai?

Kai.

 

Baekhyun or Sehun?

Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo or Chanyeol?

Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol or Sehun?

Sehun.

 

Suho or Sehun?

Suho.

 

Suho or Chanyeol?

 

Sarang looks at Suho first and then turns to Chanyeol. The gentlemen are both staring at her.

 

Suho or Chanyeol?

Suho.

 

"That's all. Now for the questions... Why do you scared of a mansion with a scarecrow?" Suho asks. Sarang answers, "I'm not scared. I just thought that it's quite disturbing."

 

Sarang continues, "I'm not afraid of drowning because I can swim. I'm not afraid of zombies because I could kill them. I'm afraid of a gun because it can kill me really instantly. I'm afraid of axe because it's big and powerful. I'm afraid of gore because it's disgusting just like Baekhyun's drawings. I chose Snakes because they're venomous. I'm afraid of greed than lust because greed means that I can't get enough of something and make me want more and I don't like being lustful."

 

Suho nods his head, "Just like what I've expected. Sarang, you chose a lot of Kai. I supposed that it's because he was trying to kill you with an axe. You chose Baekhyun too because of his drawing, Sehun because he's the one that dragged you to Kai, Kyungsoo because you've known his definition of fun, and you chose me because I'm going to take out your organs. Am I right?"

 

Sarang nods. Suho frowns his forehead, "But why not Chanyeol?"

 

Sarang glances at Chanyeol and notices his stare is focused on her. Sarang shrugs, "Maybe because I don't know what he's going to do to me... Yet." Suho and Chanyeol stare each other with both unexplainable expressions.

 

Suho then smiles, "Creativity. Your mind is creative and I bet you write many creative things. A person with ADHD is creative but the person has a very poor eye contact. Jung Sarang, from what have I heard and seen from you I am pretty sure now that your chance of getting out of here is pretty high."

 

Sarang frowns in confusion, keeping her head down. Suho speaks up, "Look at me."

 

Sarang lifts her head up and stares at his black coat. Suho then gets up of his seat and goes towards her. She looks down again and gasps when Suho lifts her chin up with his index finger.

 

Suho bends down to align their eyes and he cups her face while staring at her with a sweet smile. Sarang looks somewhere else because she couldn't handle the eye contact. She can't even stare in her mom's eyes, so how could she stare in a stranger's eyes?

 

"Sarang, look at me."

 

Sarang shivers with the soothing and pleading voice. She shakes her head a little and she earned a commanding voice from Suho, "Look. At. Me."

 

Sarang finally stares him in the eyes. She felt her heart is beating faster and she could feel the goosebumps and her shivering spine. She felt cold instead of hot. For some girls in Sarang's age, they sometimes flush in red and their cheeks would warm up due to fluttering feels when an extremely handsome man do that to them.

 

But this is different. Sarang feels her eyes are burning for not blinking but she still stares at Suho's beautiful eyes. Her mind is crying and she feels pity towards the man in front of her. Her tears finally fall down and Suho wipes it off with his thumb.

 

"You did great. I can say that from now on you can look in someone else's eyes properly. I'll see you again, Sarang." Suho says and walks out of the room, leaving Sarang with Chanyeol.

 

Sarang looks at Chanyeol and he looks like he's writing something on the sheet. After that, Chanyeol stares at her with the usual expression of his.

 

Chanyeol speaks up, "Well, well, look at you now, staring into my eyes."

 

Indeed, she's staring in his eyes and she feels good.


Author's Note:
Hello! Thank you for the subscribes, comments, upvotes, and also the views! I promise, this fic will get more interesting with some surprises, unveiled mysteries, and etc. I will have my exam next week and I will probably update three more chapters before I'm having the exams. Do comment! Thank you!