Two

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 2

"Isn't she beautiful?"

 

"She's alright."

 

"Not as pretty as the last one, but she can do."

 

"I agree."

 

Sarang frowns while touching her aching head, she opens her eyes slowly and blinks for a few times to adjust her vision with the lights. "Jung Sarang-ssi."

Sarang looks around her and then stares at the handsome men in front of her, "Where am i?"

 

"Our home."

Sarang looks at Baekhyun, "Baekhyun-ssi."

 

Baekhyun smiles, "You passed out."

 

Sarang frowns and looks at his shoes, "Then why bring me here?" Baekhyun shrugs, "I just feel like bringing you here."

 

"Well thanks. And now i'm good, i shall be going."

 

"You can't." The man beside Baekhyun says and she raises her left eyebrow, "And why's that?" The man and Baekhyun stare each other for a second and he turns his face towards her, "This place is really far away from the city. There are no taxis here, and we can't take you home right now since it's already 3am."

 

Sarang's widened her eyes and looks at her Casio watch, "Gentlemen, you have to help me! My mother would be worried!"

 

Baekhyun steps towards her, "Why not call your mom?"

 

Sarang pulls out her phone from her clutch and curses, " the battery."

"Do you remember any number? You can use my phone." Baekhyun says, handing the phone to Sarang but she shakes her head, "I don't remember any number."

 

Baekhyun then wraps his arm around Sarang's shoulder, "Don't worry. Tomorrow morning, we will take you back and we'll explain everything to your parents. Now, now... You need a room to rest. But before that, let me introduce you to my friends. This is Suho, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kai."

 

"Nice to meet you, Sarang-ssi." Suho smiles. Sarang nods, "Same."

 

Baekhyun then steps forward to be in row with the other guys. They smile and synchronised their greetings,

 

"Welcome to Zavia Breatan."

 

Sarang could feel chills running down her spine but she managed to say her thanks. She could clearly read the meaningful smiles on their faces and she decided to keep it cool.

 

 

 

"This is your room. Have a good rest, Sarang-ssi." Baekhyun says and when he almost turned around, Sarang holds his right arm and makes him flinch a little, "Baekhyun-ssi... Do you or your friends have a lightning cable? I need to charge my phone."

 

"I'm sorry, Sarang. Everyone in this house are using Samsung." Baekhyun smiles and walks away. Sarang could see Baekhyun's smile faded right after he turned around. Sarang closes the door and look around. opens slightly when she noticed a camera is watching from the corner of the room. 'Why would they put a camera in a bedroom?'

 

Sarang pretends not to see the camera and she locks the door. She lies on the bed and quickly wraps herself with the comforter.

 

And she didn't sleep at all.

 

Well that's what she thought. She tried her best not to sleep but the bed betrayed her and she fell asleep. When she wakes up, Sarang rubs her eyes while yawning and look around her. She totally can't help herself from falling asleep. She sighs in relief, knowing that nothing happened to her while she was asleep. Sarang gasps when she looks at her watch, '3pm?! Oh my God, i am really rude!'

 

Sarang gets up quickly and enters the bathroom. She brushes her teeth with the new toothbrush and undresses herself, taking a shower with the fruity shower gel. After that, she wraps herself with the white towel once she's done rinsing her body. She gets out of the bathroom but then quickly gets in the bathroom again, slamming the door while gasping. She completely forgot that there's a camera in the room.

 

"Damn it, i am so careless!"

 

Sarang puts on her dress back and finally gets out of the bathroom, fixing her hair in front of the mirror opposite the bed. She ties her hair into a bun again but of course, it didn't look as neat as before. She gets out of the room and she almost gasps when she sees the cameras in every corner of the wall.

 

'Why are there so many cameras? Are the guys some kind of paranoids or what?'

 

Sarang goes down the stairs and look around the living room, only to find cameras everywhere. She sees no one at the living room, so she decided to go back to the bedroom again and closes the door. She walks towards the camera in her bedroom and waves, "Gentlemen, if you can hear me... I need help. I don't know what to do now."

 

Sarang then sits on the bed, crossing her legs. She bits her lower lip, indeed not knowing what to do. She quickly looks at the door and gets up when someone knocks the door. Sarang twists the doorknob and she's greeted by the smiling Sehun.

 

"Hello Sarang-ssi. Come on, i'll bring you to the dining room." Sehun smiles and hands his right hand to Sarang. She hesitates but she puts her palm on his palm anyway. Sehun holds her hand and he intertwined their arms together. They walk down the stairs and enter a room on their left. Once the door is opened, the large table is seen together with five other men. Baekhyun stands up and smiles to her, "Good evening Sarang-ssi." Sarang looks down due to embarrassment, she realised that she has become a rude guest since she overslept.

 

"Did you have a good sleep?" Chanyeol asks, staring at her and she shuts her eyes tight for a few seconds while sighing, "I had a really good sleep. I'm sorry that i overslept. It's really rude and i'm truly sorry."

 

Chanyeol smiles a little, "It is alright. We are glad that you're comfortable."

 

Sehun pulls the chair, "Have a sit."

 

"Thank you, Sehun-ssi."

 

"Eat something. You've been empty since last night." Baekhyun says, ordering the maids to pour on a cup of tea and also a white piece of cake that Sarang is guessing that it is Lychee flavoured. The maids come towards her and treat her like a princess but one of the maids spilled the tea, almost on Sarang's dress. The maid bows for a few times, "I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" The maid bends down to take the fallen cup. Sarang shakes her head, "It's alright... It's really alright."

 

"Run."

 

Sarang stares at the maid, trying to process the meaning of the maid's whisper to her. The maid stares at her with an unexplainable stare and she turns around after she's done wiping the table. Kai speaks up, "You may go now." The maids nod and walk out the door slowly.

 

"He means you can leave." Kyungsoo says. Sarang swallows her saliva hard and looks down. She's a little anxious and so she plays with her fingers. "Tell us a little bit about yourself."

 

Sarang bits her lower lip, glancing at the six men in front of her. She takes the cup of tea and sip on it a little. "Nothing interesting about me." Sehun and Kai stare each other, giving meaningful smile that could not be explained how. Kai looks at her, "There must be something, especially a beautiful girl like you."

 

Sarang shrugs, not looking up. She's still thinking of how to get out of this place. She looks around her a little bit. Chanyeol stares at her, "Is there something wrong, Sarang-ssi?" Sarang quickly shakes her head and smiles at him, "No, nothing at all."

 

Sarang inhales, "Okay. So, you already know my name. I'm 18 years old. I love writing, i love literature and I live with my parents. I'm their only child." Sarang notices that Suho is staring at Baekhyun but Baekhyun shrugs casually while sipping on his tea.

 

"Can i ask you some questions?" Sarang asks, looking at their faces one by one. Suho smiles, "Sure. What would you like to know?"

 

"Where exactly are we? If i'm not wrong Baekhyun-ssi said last night that we're far from the city. So... Where are we?" Sarang leans against the wooden chair. Baekhyun grins a little, "Ah, we're in Zavia Breatan."

 

"And where exactly is that?" Sarang almost raises her voice, but she managed to let out a soft voice. Suho opens his mouth, "Zavia Breatan is our mansion's name. The area that surrounds this mansion is also called Zavia Breatan. It's like a small village... But with only one mansion."

 

"This place is indeed far away from the city. 5 hours of driving from the restaurant you went last night." Kyungsoo says, fixing his light brown coat. Sarang stares at the in disbelieve, "Five hours? And you still bring me here, Baekhyun-ssi? Why can't you just bring me to the hospital?"

 

Chanyeol smiles mockingly, "Sarang-ssi... Sometimes we just have to be thankful of what kind of help do we get in life." Sarang looks at Chanyeol and gives him the mocking smile too, "Okay then. Thank you."

 

Sehun looks at Baekhyun, "I like her." Baekhyun shrugs once again, a little smile formed on his face. Chanyeol scoffs softly, turning his head away from Sarang. Sarang rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. Kai gets up from his seat and walks towards Sarang, "Come on. I'll take you outside to show you around." Kai smiles when Sarang finally puts her hand in his hand. They walk out of the dining room and head upstairs. "We've been living in this mansion for quite a long time. It's really lonely if we didn't bump into each other since there are only six of us living here."

 

Sarang contains a scoff, 'I don't care.'

 

"This mansion has three hundred rooms altogether with twelve floors including the basements. We have a two-storey basement where we park the vehicles."

 

'I don't want to know about it.'

 

"There's an elevator at the last corner on each floor. It will bring you until the rooftop; Kyungsoo's favourite place to hang out. Let's take a look, shall we?" Kai smiles, holding her hand tightly until they reach the elevator. Kai presses the '12' button and looks at Sarang with a smile. Sarang looks down with a frown on her face when she sees the camera at the corner of the elevator. "Why do you put so many cameras?"

 

Kai chuckles, "This mansion is too big. The possibility to bump into each other is least. So, we put on cameras so that we would know where the others are at."

 

"Even in bedrooms?"

 

Kai looks at her, "We have to. Now, we reach the rooftop." Sarang's jaw opens slightly and she looks around her in awe. The plants there look really fresh and the scenery from above is just beyond breath taking. She walks towards balcony and cups . No buildings are seen, the skyscrapers are nowhere to be seen. They're in the woods.

 

"This is Zavia Breatan, Sarang-ssi. Isn't it beautiful?"

Sarang nods slowly, "Very."

 

"We don't have a lot of guest, Sarang-ssi. The six of us don't have any family left. We only have each other to lean on. We're lonely, Sarang-ssi. A lot of people don’t know about Zavia Breatan. We hardly talk to anyone outside the door's mansion. Of course, there's only one mansion in here. We always go out to make friends, invite them to our home but... Of course, no one wants to take a five hour journey." Kai sighs. Sarang stares at him, "Why not move out?"

 

Kai shakes his head, "We can't leave this place just like that. This mansion would be abandoned. No one would buy this mansion either even if we sell it. It's too deep in the forest. I love this place, Sarang-ssi. We love this place."

 

Sarang looks at him and mentally sighs. Who wouldn't love this kind of beautiful and quiet place? But Sarang wouldn't just believe Kai's words so easily. The voice in her head is telling her to get out of this place. She is still thinking how she would get out. If these gentlemen are nice, the maid wouldn't have told her to run. Sarang knows something is fishy about these guys. What would they do to her?

 

This place might be peaceful and quiet. But too quiet is just not good.


Author's Note:
-