One

The Fifth Girl
CHAPTER 1

It is a normal day, Sarang is eating her lunch with her best friends at McDonalds silently, appreciating the food while glancing at her best friends for a second. She on the straw and she could feel the cool sensation of the coke that runs down . She stares at Yixing when he suddenly put down his burger and speaks, "I'm full!"

 

"What a waste!" Minseok says, looking at Yixing while drinking his Coke. Yixing grins, "I ate the whole fries so yeah, i'm really full."

 

Jongdae stares at Yixing, "Yeah that's right. I'm full too. I should've ordered a la carte."

 

"Have you heard about Luhan's sister?" Yixing suddenly asks and Sarang looks up to him, "What about her?" Minseok and Jongdae nod their heads before sighing. Minseok turns his head towards Sarang, "His sister was missing yesterday. The police are still searching."

 

Sarang's jaw slightly opened, "Luhan's sister too? Guys, don't you think it's weird? First it was Tao's sister, then Kris' sister, and now Luhan's? I think it's a syndicate!" Yixing shrugs, "Maybe."

 

"Do you know anything about Luhan's sister? Like where did they meet for last time..." Sarang asks but her three best friends shake their heads. Jongdae says, "We're not close to Luhan nor Tao and Kris, so nope."

 

"Poor girls. They're still young, like... They're in their 20-s." Minseok says but Yixing sighs heavily, "Tao's sister is not even 20 yet!" Sarang nods her head, "Tao's sister was my senior during the elementary school. She's only a year older than me."

 

"That makes her only 19." Jongdae says.

 

Silence fills the air when no one talks. Sarang looks at them quietly, not knowing what topic could she talk about now after talking about the missing girls. Thankfully, Yixing breaks the solemn atmosphere by asking, "Sarang. I want to ask you something, and i don't care even though i'm asking this in front of Jongdae and Minseok."

 

Sarang stared at his arm, wrinkling her forehead, "What is it?"

 

Yixing inhales, "I know we're friends and i don't want us to be awkward just because of what i'm going to ask. You can answer whatever you like, i don't mind. Sarang, emm... Would you like to go on a date with me?"

 

Jongdae and Minseok turn their heads towards Yixing in sync while their eyes are widened in surprised. Sarang blinks a few times and shrugs, "Well... why not? When?"

 

Minseok's and Jongdae's stares turned to Sarang. After a few seconds, the two guys look at each other while smiling mischievously. Yixing rubs the back of his neck, "At the restaurant down the road near your school at 8pm tomorrow?"

 

"Smooth." Minseok grins, earning a glare from Yixing. Sarang nods, "Sure. But hey, to be honest this is my first time going on a date. So, do you mind telling me what i should wear? Lol, sorry."

 

Yixing laughs, "A dress will do. I'll be wearing a suit."

 

"Oooohohoho guys. Enjoy yourselves." Jongdae grins.

 

 

 

 

Sarang looks at herself in the mirror. Her sky blue dress fits her perfectly until her ankles. The sleeves are a little below her wrists, revealing her silver bracelet on her left wrist. Her hair is tied into a bun, which was really hard to do it since her hair is shoulder length. But with the help of her mother, she finally can do the bun, even though it's small.

 

Her mother smiles, "Come on. I'll drop you there."

 

Sarang climbs down the stairs and her father grins, "Finally, my prayer has been accepted by the Lord. Do you know for how many years I've been praying for Lord to take away your manly attitude? Ah, my daughter is so pretty."

 

Sarang rolls her eyes, "Seriously dad?" Her dad shakes his head, "I'm just kidding Sarang. You are still my daughter no matter how your attitude is."

 

"Thanks dad." Sarang smiles and walk out the door, putting on her maroon wedges. She takes her black clutch and her iPhone from the outside, her hand reached the table near the door. Sarang gets in the car and the automatic gate slowly opened.

 

"Does Yixing likes you?" Her mother asks and Sarang shrugs, "I don't know."

 

"I think he likes you."

 

"Still don't know." Sarang looks out the window, noticing that they're almost there. Her heart beats fast, when her mother takes the last turn, and they're finally there. Her mother stares at her, "Here you are. Good luck!"

 

Sarang gets out of the car, waving to her mom and enters the restaurant. She takes the closest seat to the counter. The waiter smiles at her and walks towards her, "Here's the menu."

 

Sarang smiles, "Thanks, but i'll order after this. I'm waiting for a friend."

 

15 minutes passed and Sarang's phone rings, "Hello Yixing."

 

"Sarang..."

 

"Yes, what is it?" Sarang asks, scratching her left eyebrow. Yixing sighs, "Sarang-ah, i'm sorry. We have to cancel the date tonight. I was already on my way but... I had an accident."

 

"What? Are you alright, where are you now?" Sarang asks, clearly worried about him. "I'm at Seoul Hospital. You don't have to come tho. Minseok and Jongdae are with me, but Jongdae has to stay outside because only one person can come in. The doctor said when i'm transferred into a decent ward then people can visit me. I'm really sorry, Sarang. You're not at the restaurant yet, right?"

 

Sarang could hear his worried voice. Sarang chuckles in her head. 'Silly guy. I'm the one who should be worrying about you.'

 

"Nah, i'm still at home. Get well soon, Yixing. I'll visit you tomorrow, okay? Take care." Sarang says. "Thanks. You take care too. Good night, Sarang."

 

Sarang puts her phone in her clutch after she ended the call. She looks at the waiter and smiles while waving her hand. The waiter comes towards her and grins, "Anything miss?"

 

"I'm ready to order." Sarang says. The waiter smiles and gives her the menu. After ordering, the waiter takes the menu back and walks towards the counter quickly. After a few minutes, he comes back with a glass of fresh orange. Sarang nods her head one time, "thank you."

 

She puts her lips to the straw, quenching with the cool fresh orange. Her mind is thinking about Yixing and how to tell her mother that Yixing didn't come to their date. She's afraid that her mom would think that Yixing's an . Sarang pulls out her phone again and dials her mom's number, "Mom, Yixing's in the hospital. He had an accident. Yeah, i'm just sitting alone while on my fresh orange while waiting for someone else who attracted to me to come and sit with me. I'll go home with the taxi. Okay, bye."

 

A few minutes later, she heard someone is clearing his throat. She looks up and stares at the extremely handsome man. 'Holy ... He's so handsome.'

 

"Are you alone?" He asks. Sarang nods and looks down. Sarang is a shy girl, she has poor eye contact with anyone. She would stare at someone only when the person did not notice her staring. Otherwise, she would just give them a two second look and then looks down, even though to her own parents.

 

"Can i sit with you?"

 

Sarang almost choke on her drink but she managed to swallow everything and hold back her cough. Sarang glances at the guy and nods slowly. She looks at the smiling guy and drinks her fresh orange again. "What's your name?" He asks.

 

Sarang smiles, "Jung Sarang. What's yours?"

 

"Sarang... Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. My name is Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun smiles and Sarang smiles back, ‘Smooth.’

 

"Nice to meet you Baekhyun-ssi."

 

"You're very pretty." Baekhyun says. Sarang just smiles to him. Sarang is not someone who blushes so easily even though when she's really embarrassed. She didn't know why either, maybe because her skin is a little tanned so that's why. "Thank you, you're not bad yourself."

 

"Would you like to order anything, sir?" A waitress comes and smiles at Sarang and Baekhyun. Baekhyun opens his mouth slightly but then the waitress speaks, "Miss, your hair is out for a little bit. Let me fix it for you." The waitress puts the menu down and fixes Sarang's hair. Sarang is surprised because the waiters and waitresses here are so kind and friendly. She smiles, "Thank you so much. You're so kind."

 

The waitress smiles, "And you're so pretty. No problem. So sir, would you like to order anything?" Baekhyun looks at Sarang before ordering, "Red wine."

 

The waitress writes down his order and looks at Baekhyun again, "Anything else for your girlfriend?" Sarang holds back her laughter but somehow heard by Baekhyun and the waitress. Baekhyun smiles a little while staring at Sarang, "Anything?"

 

Sarang shakes her head, "Nothing else. Thank you."

 

Baekhyun looks at the waitress, "Are you new here? I've never seen you here before." The waitress nods, "Yes, i just started today. Sounds like you're always here, sir."

 

Baekhyun nods, "Always during weekends. I know most of the workers here." The waitress nods, "Ah, i see. I'll be right back with your red wine, sir." Sarang just looks at him. Baekhyun notices her stare and then turns his head towards her, "What do you do for a living?"

 

"Me? I just finished high school." Sarang says and Baekhyun makes an 'o' with his mouth, "Very young. What school were you in?"

 

"Seoul High. What about you? What are you doing for a living?" Sarang asks, staring at his dark blue suit. "I'm an artist."

 

"What do you draw?" Sarang changes her stare to his hair. Baekhyun looks at her with a small frown, "I draw people..." Sarang nods her head and looks down after noticing Baekhyun's small frown. 'Great, Sarang. What a nice first impression you're giving him. ADHD.'

 

Sarang has been suffering ADHD right after she'd done her final examination in her senior year. That explains why she has very poor eye contact with everyone.

 

"I guess I should keep going now. Sorry if i'm making you uncomfortable." Sarang takes her clutch but Baekhyun speaks up, "No! I mean wait... You did not make me uncomfortable at all... I'm just wondering... Why wouldn't you look at me in the eyes."

 

Sarang smiles a little, "I... Just have very poor eye contact with everyone."

 

Baekhyun nods, "Ah... Well, you can practice by staring at me."

 

Sarang wrinkles her forehead, "What?" Baekhyun chuckles, "I mean... You can stare in my eyes to practice improving your eye contact. My friend is a doctor. He has been working with ADHD patients. ADHD patients usually have a very poor eye contact."

 

Sarang swallows her saliva, Baekhyun is right. Because she also has ADHD. Sarang nods, "True. Because, i do have ADHD." Baekhyun stares at her, "Oh... I'm sorry..."

 

Sarang cuts his words, "It's alright."

 

Baekhyun slightly taken aback when Sarang stares him right in his eyes for exactly 4 seconds. After that, she turns away. Baekhyun smiles, "You're doing good."

 

Sarang smiles, "Thank you." Her smile fades away when she suddenly seeing double and everything becomes blurry. She rubs her eyes, trying her best to adjust her vision from the sudden blurriness and her dizzy head.

 

"Sarang, are you alright?" Baekhyun voice sounds like an echo in her head and she gets up from her seat. "Sarang?"

 

Sarang shuts her eyes and let her body falls slowly when she's tired enough to stand. She could smell Baekhyun's cologne as she fell in his arms, finally unconscious.


Author's Note:
THANK YOU FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER :D