Twenty-one

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 21

"Her left kidney is gone. There are bruises on her stomach, on her back, and her face. Her zygomatic bone... Which is the cheekbone cracks a little, probably because she was hit in the face too much. And Inspector Zhang, she was injected by a drug to paralyse her." The doctor says.

 

"Succinylcholine?" Yixing asks.

 

"I'm afraid, yes."

 

Yixing ruffles his own hair, "Wouldn't she..."

 

"No, she was injected for the amount that won't cause death. However... I'm sorry to say this. Miss Jung Sarang might be paralysed forever. That means she can't move a single muscle which doesn't allow her to open to eat. I'm afraid we have to be prepared..."

 

Yixing wraps his face, his body shakes and his heart is beating really fast. He remembered each words Sarang has said to him before she went on this dangerous mission,

 

"Yixing, if something happened to me. Just let my parents think of it as a kidnap. I don't want you to be blamed if they know you're hiding my job."

 

Yixing's awaken from his daydream when Jongdae's voice echoes through the hallway. Yixing turns around, finding his best friends and Sarang's parents are running towards him. Sarang's mother holds Yixing's arms, "What happened to her, Yixing?"

 

"She's... paralysed..." Yixing looks away, his eyes formed the tears. Mrs Jung cups , "No... This isn't happening! Why? How? How did this happen?"

 

Mrs Jung slowly falls in her husbands's arms, still sobbing uncontrollably. The doctor just now, came out of Sarang's room and saw the incident. He runs towards Mrs Jung, "Calm down, calm down. Sit down, mam."

 

The sergeant and one of the SWAT team walks towards Yixing,"Inspector Zhang."

 

Yixing nods, "Yes?"

 

The SWAT guy says, "We found three female bod-"

 

Yixing gasps, "Not here."

 

Minseok cups his mouth when he listens to the man's words. Mr Jung bits his lower lip and nods his head when Yixing excused himself.

 

Yixing walks and stops his steps, "Kristen Wu and Huang Ziyi. Another body?"

 

"She's known as Kim Jaera-one of the murderer's sister. We also found many organs, music sheets, thriller books, drawings of the victims, and also a still alive Lu Meiling."

 

 

 

 

 

"I-I was... Carried and... Taken... I refused to go with Baekhyun s-so I left the restaurant but... But, I passed out. When I was conscious I was at the mansion with six of them. There were cameras everywhere... I-I can't run, they kept on hunting me. And then I... I ran really fast until the basement. I stayed there... I don't know for how long I've been staying there. I was cold, hungry, scared and alone. I thought I would die there but y-you guys came. Thank you... Thank you so much." Meiling says, wiping her tears from her eyes. Lu Han stares at his sister lovingly yet sadly and smiles to Yixing, "Meiling was a sprinter. She ran really fast." Her pretty sister has turned really thin, pale, and almost like a ghostly skeleton.

 

Yixing turns off the recorder and flashes a warm smile at her, "Thank you for your statement. You are a very strong woman, Meiling."

 

Meiling smiles weakly, fixing her hospital dress a little. "Thank you, but... Where are the kidnappers?"

 

"Dead and buried."

 

 

 

 

Yixing stands in front of the glass walls while crossing his arms. He keeps on staring at Baekhyun who's drawing something on his sketch book. The nurse behind Baekhyun keeps on glancing a terrified glance to the doctor and Yixing. The doctor nods his head a little as a signal for the nurse to give the food to Baekhyun.

 

The nurse clears , "Byun Baekhyun-ssi... You have to eat."

 

Baekhyun ignores her and keeps on sketching. The nurse shakes her head to the doctor but the doctor mouthed, 'try again.'

 

The nurse sighs, "It's been two days. Please eat a little..."

 

The nurse walks closer towards him and puts her palm on Baekhyun's shoulder, "Baekhyun-ssi... ARGH!" The nurse falls on her back and she crawls backwards as Baekhyun stood up while shouting, "CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT I'M DOING?!"

 

Baekhyun wants to choke her but his hands were tied to table. He could only stretch his hands for only 10cm.

 

The doctor turns his head to Yixing, "Aggressive. Are you sure you want to go inside?"

 

Yixing nods slowly and the doctor opens the door. Yixing steps inside and sits on the chair opposite Baekhyun. Yixing frowns when Baekhyun hides his sketch book and smiles to him, "What do you want Yixing?"

 

"It's been a long time Baekhyun. How's your life after you killed Dahae?" Yixing asked. Baekhyun laughed, "I didn't kill her."

 

"Then how could she be missing for a week and then her body found in the Han River? Mind to explain?" Yixing raises his eyebrows. Baekhyun shakes his head, "Why are you accusing me?"

 

"Because you kidnapped Sarang and murdered some girls so I'm positive that you were the one who killed Dahae."

 

Baekhyun shrugged, "Why do you care so much about Dahae? Was she your little lover when I was not around her?"

 

"We were friends. We were in the same class, Baekhyun. We took interior designing together." Yixing says and Baekhyun just shrugs.

 

Yixing leans in closer, "Baekhyun... What have you done to Sarang?"

 

Baekhyun frowns, "Why don't you ask her?"

 

Yixing clenches his fists, "She's paralysed motherer. You better just answer me before my fist hits your precious face."

 

Baekhyun's expression changes, "Paralysed?"

 

Yixing stays quiet and just stares at him.

 

"Sarang's paralysed... Paralysed... That er did this to her... He did that to her!" Baekhyun suddenly messes up his own hair and starts being aggressive by standing up and throws everything on the table. Yixing stands back and quickly get out of the room when the nurses and the doctor get in the room.

 

After Baekhyun was injected by the tranquilliser, the male nurses laid him down on the bed. The doctor comes out of the room and sighs, "He really got a thing with this Sarang girl."

 

The doctor then shows Yixing the sketch book and Yixing gasps a he goes through every pages of the sketch book.

 

Jung Sarang.

 

So many sketches of Jung Sarang.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing sighs as he looks at the crying Baekhyun. The doctor said he had given many tranquillisers to Baekhyun. Baekhyun won't stop saying Sarang's name while sobbing in his palms. Yixing asks the doctor, "Can we use hallucination drug on him?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sarang?" Baekhyun's eyes widened. Yixing and the doctor stare each other while sighing in relief.

 

"Sarang, you're here... W-what are you doing here?" Baekhyun asks. 'Sarang' smiles, "I want to see you."

 

Baekhyun smiles in happiness, "Sarang... I thought you're paralysed?"

 

'Sarang' shakes her head, "No. Not anymore."

 

Baekhyun sighs in relief, "Sarang... I miss you so much."

 

'Sarang' stares at him and flashes him a small smile, "I miss you too."

 

Baekhyun holds 'Sarang's' hand and rubs it gently, "I'm sorry that I hurt you before. I promise you, I will never hurt you anymore."

 

'Sarang' just stay quiet. Baekhyun puts his right palm on 'Sarang's' left cheek, caressing it softly, "I love you, Sarang."

 

'Sarang' froze. Baekhyun stares at her dearly, "I love you so much."

 

'Sarang' opens , "I-I love you too... Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun smiles happily before taking her hands and plants a gentle kiss on them. 'Sarang' stares at his almost innocent face. Baekhyun looks up to her and let go of her hands with a smile. His smile suddenly turns into a frown, "You're not Sarang."

 

'Sarang's' eyes widened and she quickly hits Baekhyun's neck and he faints. She gets out of the room and sighs in relief, "That was close."

 

The doctor nods, "The hallucination drug has faded."

 

Yixing stares at the sergeant, "Good job sergeant." The sergeant nods but then she stares at Yixing, "Inspector Zhang... He really loves Sarang."

 

"That's just his bull." Yixing frowns. The sergeant shakes her head, "No... It's true Inspector."

 

Yixing stares at the sergeant with a frown, "Really sergeant? How did you know about that? You're a mind reader? He might be lying."

 

The sergeant shakes her head, "Because I am a woman, Yixing! Can't you see his eyes and his expression when he said he loves me- I mean Sarang? I can see it and I can feel it."

 

The sergeant's formality suddenly drops, making the doctor steps behind a little bit.

 

The sergeant continues, "I know, Yixing. Because that..." She pointed her index finger towards Baekhyun before she continues again, "that was your exact expression when you said you loved me."

 

Yixing stares at the sergeant and then glances at the passed out Baekhyun. Yixing then sighs while shrugging slowly, "Maybe you're right, Hana. But... How could he fell in love with Sarang? He and the other guys were trying to kill her and I bet Sarang was acting aggressively. How could someone fell in love with an aggressive girl?"

 

The sergeant smiles, "Yixing... We're talking about Jung Sarang. Who wouldn't love her? Even though she's boyish, she still has that soft voice. She has a sweet smile and she has those rabbit's eyes. She looks so innocent now tell me who's not going to fall for her? Even you fell for her..."

 

Yixing's eyes widened, "Hana, she's like my sister."

 

Hana smiles, "I know Yixing."


Author's Note:
Next chapter would be the last one. Thank you for reading this fanfiction until right now. Words can't describe how much I appreciated your subs, your comments, your votes, and even your supports. Stay tuned for the last one :)