Ten

The Fifth Girl
Chapter 10

Baekhyun smashes the glass with the vase and pulls out the red axe beside the fire alarm. He barged into almost every room in his current floor but he hasn't found Sarang. He drags the axe to the shiny space grey tiles, making a sound that is quite uncomfortable to be heard.

 

"Sarang, Sarang, Sarang. Why do you have to make things complicated?" Baekhyun kicks one door after twisting the knob. He walks away when he sees no one in the room. That's his routine since a minute ago; twist, kick, look, go.

 

"We do love games but damn... This one is ed up because of you. No one likes losing right? I'm guessing you don't like it either." Baekhyun kicks another door.

 

"We've just started our careers but why oh why do you have to ruin this too quickly when we'd just brought you here for only a few days?" Another door kicked.

 

"You amazed me with your rage on Sehun and Kai. You're a ing beast, I like that. But ing hell, Sehun is now critical because of your bull! I will bloody kill you and give you the most beautiful drawing of you before I throw your corpse and let it turn into ashes. And no one will ever know about you as if you had never existed." Baekhyun kicks another door with a loud scream of rage.

 

"I know you're here, Sarang. You've destroyed all of the cameras on this floor so obviously you're here." Baekhyun wipes his sweat on his forehead and takes off his coat, leaving him with only the black shirt. He s the top button and breathes heavily. His Adam's apple moves up and down as he swallows his saliva hardly.

 

"Sarang... Don't you want to be an inspiration for me? Don't you want to be my masterpiece? I could make you feel beautiful even though you're already beautiful. I can give you a portraiture; a breath-taking once. You'll be admired by anyone who sees my drawing of you. However, my models are meant to be seen, not heard." Baekhyun's sweats trickle down his body.

 

"Sarang... Please be one of my inspirations." Baekhyun stops in front of the last room near the elevator at the end of the hallway. Baekhyun turns his head towards the door and stands in front of it, "Please?"

 

No answer.

 

Baekhyun smiles and suddenly his smile turns into a little giggle, and then turns into a small laugh and his shoulders are bouncing up and down as he laughs a fake yet hysterically laughter and lifts the axe, swinging it multiple times to the door.

 

"I know you're in there!" Baekhyun laughs madly and peeks through a little space that allows him to see behind the door after the door is a little tore apart by him. He stops laughing when he sees Sarang's shadow on the wall. He pulls the doorknob and rolls his eyes, "Of course it's locked."

 

Baekhyun swings the axe to the doorknob and barges in the room. Baekhyun is greeted by a kick in the nuts by Sarang the moment he steps in the room. Sarang kicks Baekhyun's axe away and swings her axe towards Baekhyun who is lying on the floor now. Baekhyun rolls to the left before the axe could chop his face and he kicks Sarang's legs.

 

Sarang didn't fell but her stability decreases so she got pulled by Baekhyun to the floor. Sarang pushes her axe far away and it stops right in front of the elevator. Baekhyun chokes Sarang's throat and she punches Baekhyun's face. His grip loosens but he managed to pull Sarang's hair and tries to drag her until the Art Room at the end of the hallway on the right side.

 

"Let go of me, you psycho!" Sarang shouts and holds his right leg. Baekhyun stops his steps, trying to be free from Sarang's grip. He moves his left leg to back kick Sarang's head at his knee and she screams in pain.

 

Baekhyun keeps on dragging her. She's already weak and she just struggles with no chance of being free. "Do you know what's your sin, Sarang?" Baekhyun asks. Sarang is still struggling and he rolls his eyes but he smiled anyway, "Wrath. That's your sin."

 

"So are you." Sarang says, stabbing Baekhyun's thigh with the pocket knife. She pulls it back and quickly escapes from Baekhyun's hands. She runs towards the elevator and takes the axe, leaving the screaming Baekhyun at the hallway.

 

 

 

 

"How are we going to do this?" Chanyeol asks, looking at Kyungsoo. They watch the monitor as soon as Sarang got into the elevator. She pressed the 12th button and she fell on her knees. She cries her heart out but the handsome men didn't even have a single feeling of empathy towards her. Kyungsoo smiles mockingly, "Cry little girl. That's all that you can do now."

 

Sarang looks up after hearing the voice of the devil. She notices the camera in the elevator is staring at her. "You guys are monsters."

 

"You too."

 

And it hit her. She realised how she'd acted since the day the game had started. She recalled the scene where she stabbed Sehun like a mad girl. She remembered how she fought Kai like a motherer. And she could still hear Baekhyun's ear piercing scream in her head when she stabbed his thigh.

 

Sarang shakes her head a little, "I'm not."

 

"Oh, yes you are. You're now similar to us." Kyungsoo says.

 

'They're trying to break you, Sarang. Don't listen to them.' Sarang motivates herself.

 

"I'm nothing like you." Sarang stares into the camera.

 

Kyungsoo laughs, "Really? Why do you think you're nothing like us?"

 

Sarang smiles weakly, "You kill but I don't."

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo stare each other. Kyungsoo's hands curl into fists, "That could be true but sadly darling..."

 

Chanyeol shuts his eyes tight while gritting his teeth, waiting for Kyungsoo's next words to come out of his mouth.

 

"You've already killed Sehun."

 

Sarang's expression changed. She turns away from the camera and shakes her head, "That's not true."

 

"Oh it's true. You killed him. He's dead. You're a monster." Kyungsoo says. Sarang shuts her eyes tightly, letting her tears fall. 'It's okay... It was self-defence. He could've killed you if you didn't ki..ll him first.'

 

She tries her best to keep her cold expression and when she did it, she turns her face towards the camera while standing up. She shrugs, "What can I do? Just like in movies, s always die first."

 

And she swings the axe to the camera.

 

Kyungsoo hits the table, "Son of a ! Chanyeol, find her."

 

Before Chanyeol gets out of the room, Baekhyun's voice spoke through the walkie talkie, "She hurt me but Suho-hyung already bandaged me. She's heading to the rooftop."

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "Was it really hard to handle a girl?"'

 

Baekhyun grits his teeth, "You should try to hunt by yourself other than just sitting in a room full of monitors."

 

Kyungsoo frowns and turns his face towards Chanyeol, “What are you waiting for? Go!”

 

“Kyungsoo… is it only just a game for you?” Chanyeol asks, not turning his head. Kyungsoo sighs silently, “It is.”

 

“You don’t even care about Sehun?”

 

“He’s dead.” Kyungsoo replies and Chanyeol raises his voice a little, “So you don’t care???”

 

“Of course I care. Kai and Baekhyun are injured. Suho has to treat them and I have to sit here. You are our only chance to avenge Sehun.” Kyungsoo says with a smile. Chanyeol gets out of the room, leaving Kyungsoo after he said,

 

“I have a feeling that you will come out of this room to find her yourself, Kyungsoo.”


Author's Note:
Hi! I'm still going through examinations, four papers to go and after that, it's going to be the end of school~ And please leave your comments about this chapter <3