09

Life of a Wallflower

After the group project was announced, they had parted ways after agreeing to meet at Seongjoon's house on Saturday so they can talk through about the project since he claimed that his parents weren't home for a week. They exchanged numbers with Seongjoon and the latter immediately text them his address for an easier navigation. Seongjoon lives in a wealthy neighborhood and Joohee was a little bit surprised since the way he acted, Seongjoon doesn't look like a rich boy.

 

Saturday came, rays of sunlight crept into the girl's room through the cracks of the window and the opened curtains before shining on the peacefully sleeping girl. Joohee's eye twitched at the sudden bright light entering her eyes through her thin eyelids and groaned in protest. Stretching her limbs, she heard a pop from her bones and cursed out loud. The girl half-heartedly sat up, rolling and rubbing her shoulder that felt like it was dislocated. She regretted sleeping on her side, now her left shoulder was hurting. She picked her blanket up, determined on continuing her sleep even with a hurting shoulder and bright light shining into her room because it was Saturday for god sake, a girl deserved some beauty sleep that she rarely gets. And just like that, the girl fell into a deep slumber again.

The sound of her bedroom's door being knocked woke her up from her nice dreamless sleep. Joohee scratched her itchy tummy while sitting up on her bed, looking at the door and she can hear her mother's voice along with the knocking. "Joohee? Wake up! Didn't you say you're going to your friend's house today? It's already almost afternoon!" At that, Joohee's eyes widened and she gasped, turning to the pink watch on the wall. Its 11:15 and they agreed to meet up at Seongjoon's crib at 12; she had 30 minutes to get ready and 15 minutes to go there. The girl cursed and stumbled down the bed towards the bathroom. Her mother shrugged from outside the door after hearing a thud, proving her daughter had finally woke up.

Joohee viciously washed herself up from head to toe in hurry, and then stepping out from the shower, drying herself with a big fluffy grey towel. She plugged in the hair dryer carefully, making sure her hands were completely dry before doing so. Soon, her hair was nicely dry and she contemplated on tying it up into a ponytail but decided to tie it into a side braid instead. Once she was satisfied, she sprinted out the bathroom towards her wardrobe full of colorful clothes and threw the doors open. Her eyes scanned through all the clothes she owned and stopped on a long grey cardigan. She grabbed a white plain V-neck T-shirt before throwing on the cardigan and black skinny jeans. She tucked in the shirt into her shirt to look more fashionable and presentable before nodding at her reflection in the mirror. Glancing at the clock, she sighed in relief when she still had a few more times. Joohee took her laptop and headphone on her desk and shoved it into her bag. Making her way downstairs towards the front door, her mother shouted for her to be careful and the girl replied back with an "Okay!" She slipped on a grey converse and made her way out of the house.

 

Going to Seongjoon's by taxi would be faster and easier but it will cost her some money so the girl took a bus instead. After passing several stops, Joohee finally arrived at the neighborhood. Houses here were bigger compared to the ones in her neighborhood and each of them was separated by white wooden fences and long dark short and green bushes. The watch on her wrist showed she had 5 minutes before 12 so she quickly went through the address on her phone again while walking straight on the sidewalk, glancing up every now and then to look for the right house. At the end of the street, Joohee spotted a golden '15' pasted on a blue mailbox standing in a lawn of a huge two-stories house, and she then found herself knocking on the house's door, patiently waiting for Seongjoon to open it up. The door swung opened after a few seconds.

"Hey! You're right on time! So punctual," Seongjoon chuckled and ushered her in. The interior of the house was really homey and cozy, walls painted with plain white and pastel beige, mini chandelier was hung above her head at the entrance. "Nice home," She complimented, still examining around with her eyes. She can hear the boy muttering a soft thank you and she shrugged it off. Seongjoon led her to the living room where the boy said will be their workplace that day and told her to sit on a soft couch. "Jihoon isn't here yet?" The girl asked. "He texted me just now saying he'll be here in a few more minutes. Now stay here while I do my work as a good host." Seongjoon smiled and jokingly bowed to her then moved to walk out of the living room to probably the kitchen and Joohee was left alone to glance around the house again.

The host came back with a tray of glasses, a bottle of cola and a regular sized bottle of plain water, smiling proudly at himself for being a nice host. "I'll have a glass of cola please." Joohee chuckled when the boy cursed under his breath and trotted quickly back to the kitchen because he forgot the ice. Then the house's bell chimed before knocks on the door can be heard. That must be Jihoon. "Joohee! Can you help me get the door please? I'm quite busy right now! Thanks!" Seongjoon yelled from the kitchen. The girl hurried to the door and carefully pried it open. "Hi, come on in!" Jihoon looked a bit dumbfounded probably because Joohee was the one who invited him in instead of the host but then shrugged it off, making his way in. He whistled and muttered "Cool home," at same time as Seongjoon sauntered out from the kitchen, now holding a mini ice box. "Thanks dude, now go sit on the couch right there."

 

Once they were all comfortably seated, Jihoon and Seongjoon choosing to sit on the floor and Joohee on the couch, the host slid a blank piece of paper on the coffee table. "So…. let's start planning." They nodded together before launching into a discussion. Since they were going to sing, Jihoon offered to compose a new song just specially for this project and told the only girl to work on the lyrics with Seongjoon, then taking out his laptop and headphone, setting it on the table. The arrangements for the acoustic performance will be done by Jihoon when he gets home since all his music equipment was there. So for now, he was going to search for some inspirations on the internet.

Joohee glanced at Jihoon, whose eyes were trained on the screen, completely focused on his work, sometimes looking away from the laptop to write something his notebook, probably ideas. It's really fascinating, being able to see the popular composer Woozi while he worked with her own eyes. The girl felt a prod on her side and was snapped out from her reverie. "Hey, this part sounds a little bit weird, don't you think so?" Seongjoon frowned, lips pursued in tiny frustration. Joohee glanced at the paper filled with lyrics and hummed in agreement. "I think we should change it," Seongjoon groaned at that and the girl understood his frustration, they had been working on it for hours after all. "You know what? I'm famished. Let's take a break and order pizza." The tall boy then took out his phone from his Jean's pocket, dialing the pizza number and ordered a large pizza. Now that she think about it, she didn't get to eat anything at all today since she woke up late and rushed to this house. She realized that she was genuinely hungry. Though Seongjoon and Joohee had took a break, Jihoon was still engrossed in his work, brows furrowing sometimes and mouth mumbling something under his breath. "So Joohee, tell me about yourself, since we don't have anything to do while we wait for the pizza to arrive." Seongjoon suddenly said, smiling sweetly at her. "W-What?" To say that Joohee was flustered would be an understatement.

"Oh I forgot to mention this but you look super nice today," There he was, flashing his super sweet smile again. Joohee, needless to say, was immensely flustered and blushing to the point where she could literally feel her cheeks heating up. Can't really blame her to get so flabbergasted because she never really got complimented by a boy before. The only male to ever compliment her was probably only her father. She didn't know why but she had the urge to look at Jihoon, so she did. Jihoon was, well, still working diligently, never taking off his eyes from his laptop, headphones resting comfortably on his head. Jihoon in all likelihood didn't heard them talking.

"T-Thanks. You too, um, look nice in your Elmo shirt… Elmo is cute." She facepalmed herself at her own lame attempt at giving compliment and cursed herself under her breath. Seongjoon chortled, amused by the girl's antics. "Also, you seem to already have experience in writing lyrics. I mean, you did almost all the useful and creative writing, and I kind of wasn't needed." He truly should stop with the compliments because Joohee was pretty sure she's burning red right now. And what's with him and complimenting her anyways. The girl fanned her face and cleared , attempting on gaining her cool back. "I-I did have a little bit experience, I sometimes, write lyrics just f-for fun." She bit her tongue afterwards, punishing her own mouth for stammering. "I wonder why I never saw you before, because you're pretty-" His words was cut-off however, and thank goodness or else Joohee won't know how to respond anymore to his compliment attacks. The sound of knocking on the door indicated the pizza boy had arrived, bringing the heavenly pizza. When Seongjoon got up, Jihoon who was so absorbed in whatever he did looked up and whistled when he saw Seongjoon picking up the pizza at the door. He pulled the headphones off and ruffled his hair; Joohee can only watch his hair in envy. If she was to dye her hair pink, she's going to look really weird instead of cute like him. He pulled off that color extremely well for a boy.

 

Seongjoon came into the living room, bringing the pizza along. "Pizza is on me! I know I know, I'm great, you don't have to thank me." Jihoon jokingly punched his shoulder softly and muttered grateful thanks because he too, was famished. "Oh so now, you stopped working? At the sight of food?" Seongjoon laughed and dragged the box away from Jihoon in jesting manner and sat beside the girl. The pink-haired boy whined, making grabby hands at the box and it was safe to say that Joohee died at the sight. "Joohee, please steal a slice for me!" The girl laughed and stuck her tongue out, taking a slice and ate it for herself, face completely smug. Jihoon glared and huffed. "You betrayed me, music partner, how dare you," Seongjoon cackled and gave in, giving the box to the hungry boy. Jihoon face brightens straightaway and instantly pulled a slice from the box, happily chewing on the cheesy food.

They all ate the pizza in silence, to hungry to even talk. When the last slice was eaten by Seongjoon, he threw the box somewhere in the kitchen before sitting down on the floor again, this time nearer to the girl, his back brushing against her knees every now and then. Joohee didn't bother moving because to be honest, this was the first time she actually felt comfortable hanging out, doing group works together with boys, good-looking ones at that. They continued working for a few more hours before deciding to halt their progress and went back home. Jihoon's friend Seungcheol, picked him up and they offered a ride back home but Joohee kindly declined, saying she's going to stop by a store to buy some girl stuffs. On her way to the store, Joohee recalled back her quality time spent at Seongjoon's and smiled to herself.

 


wow 2k words for this kinda useless chapter 
but the next chapter will be a lot more exciting i promise hahaa
comment comment!!!!