01

Life of a Wallflower

The sound of soft bells ringing throughout the school can be heard once the last lesson before lunch ended, signaling the start of the school's very own broadcast. Students began to pack their stuffs in hurry, wanting to get to the cafeteria as soon as possible to satisfy their hunger. A soft voice spoke through the speakers and some of the students of Yonsei School listened half-heartedly, choosing to focus on eating instead while some listened diligently to the broadcast which airs every Tuesday and Wednesday during lunch time.

"We will now listen to "20", a song produced and composed by the famous Woozi, and are sung by the school's very own heartthrobs, seventeen." Once the dj-on-duty-of-the-day announced the news, almost everyone in the school erupted in cheers and claps of admiration and excitement.

The melody of the song played through the speakers attached in almost every corners and nook of the school buildings.

A girl with her medium length hair tucked behind her ears, closed her eyes and bobbed her head to the music playing, sincerely appreciating and feeling the lyrics and the rhythm of the song. The pencil she held in her right hand tapping the notebook she had on her laps, leaving messy scribbles marks on it. She's going to regret it later but for now she just want to drown herself in the sweet melody and voices.

Once the song finally ended, the girl opened her eyes, smiled to herself even though she realized it may look stupid to others and stretched her arms upright before starting to stuff her notebook and stationary into her kitty-printed tote bag.

"Joohee!" A nasally voice yelled from behind the girl. Said girl turned and was engulfed in a bone crushing hug, courtesy of her two best friends, Mina and Soyeon. "Did you hear the song just now?! Oh my god, Wonwoo's voice can melt me down into a mess of happy gooey!" Soyeon, the girl with her blonde locks tied into a fishtail braid, tried to hide her shriek but failing miserably.

"Don't forget Mingyu's rap, girls. His voice is a like a melting butter on a hot pan, ready to cook any kind of pancakes coming in his way." The brunette girl, Mina said dreamily. Joohee and Soyeon stared at Mina for a few seconds trying to decipher what she just said but then shrugged it off because Mina never make sense anyway, so why bother trying to figure her out.

"I know. I understand and I totally feel both of you. I was drowning in feels alone just now, where were you two, huh?!" Joohee pointed her index finger at Soyeon and Mina, back and forth accusingly.

"We were at the cafeteria looking for you but then we were distracted by those damn good looking Seventeen boys, sorry babe." The blonde girl explained with feigned regret.

"You two !" Joohee proceeded to hit both of her friends on the back as a revenge of not bringing her along to ogle at Seventeen. The girls screamed and played around for a few minutes in the wide school garden before realizing that they were late for their next lessons. They rushed to their lockers and headed straight to their classes together since they were classmates to begin with.

(≧∇≦)/

"For this project, you need to be with a partner which I will assign to each of you later. For now, I will explain what you need to do and the subtopics you must include in the project" The chemistry teacher explained further on what the class needed to do but the three best friends cannot focus any longer since they were all sharing a devious smiles to each other. The girls suddenly straightened out their hands under the table and then secretly played rock paper scissors. The loser was Soyeon and she groaned under her breath and face palmed herself while Joohee and Mina high 5-ed each other quietly under the table.

"The time has come. We waited for so long to have this chance!" Joohee whispered to Mina and then stuck her tongue out at the glaring and grumbling Soyeon.

"Let's do this!" Mina pumped her fist and then made her way to the teacher's desk in front once the teacher finally finished his speech. You followed her from behind and put on the most innocent face you could muster.

"Umm, Mr. Ji?" Mina knocked the wooden desk softly, trying to get the busy teacher's attention.

"Yes, Ms. Park?" The old man answered without looking up from his papers he was sorting out. "We need a favor, each of us actually lived closest to Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo, so uh, can we get them to be our partners? I swear we do not have any other intentions!" Mina babbled and obviously lied at the last part but being the gullible man he is, Mr. Ji nodded and kindly said "If that would help you finish this project smoothly, then why not?"

Joohee and Mina nodded their heads and bowed 45 degrees before going back to their seats with big grins on their faces.

"We did it!" They cheered under their breath and then glanced at the two clueless boys behind the class, sleeping peacefully with their arms cushioning their heads comfortably. Soyeon made a face and muttered something about lucky es while writing her notes half-heartedly.

Being in the same class with two of the Seventeen members is a blessing from god. The three friends tend to stare and ogle at the boys secretly without the boys noticing because they do not want the Seventeen members to see then as creepy stalkers, even though they were pretty much similar to stalkers. The girls planned out so much ways of how to get their favorite boys to be their friends or much better, boyfriends. Now, one of their plans was progressing and nobody could stop them.

When Mr. Ji finally stood from his place, holding a paper in his right hand, Mina and Joohee grabbed each other’s hands in excitement, bracing themselves for when their names will be called. By now, Wonwoo and Mingyu were already awake at the back, patiently waiting for their own names to be called, curious about their own partners.

The list of pairs was announced one by one, and some groaned, some cheered and some normally nodded their heads in acknowledgment.

"Park Mina, you will pair up with Kim Mingyu." Mina held Joohee's hand tighter than humanly possible and tried to control her expressions into a neutral looking face before turning around in her seat to wave at Mingyu at the back. Kim Mingyu being the flirt he is, winked and waved back at Mina, recognizing her as his partner. Joohee slapped Mina's hand under the table to set her poor crushed hand free and fortunately succeeded since Mina wanted to use her hands to cup her red blushing face.

"Nam Soyeon is pairing with Jeon Wonwoo," Joohee thought her heart stopped beating for a moment because damn, did she hear it wrong? But apparently she had keen ears because Soyeon and Mina too, were looking at each other with wide eyes. They can read each other’s mind saying, it was supposed to be Joohee since she won the rock paper scissors!

Soyeon was about to raise her hand in order to correct the teacher but Joohee was faster, she grabbed Soyeon's arms preventing her from putting it up because hello, that would make the teacher suspicious of the girls and Jeon Wonwoo and Kim Mingyu were in the class too, hearing and seeing the same thing they do. Remember the important motto: do not make Seventeen see you as a creepy stalker. By the action Soyeon was about to execute just now, that will definitely goes against the motto. If Soyeon corrected the teacher just now, then they will be busted for planning it beforehand.

Joohee dramatically shook her head at Soyeon and whispered "Just, enjoy your life with him, okay?"

Soyeon smiled at Joohee in gratefulness before spinning her head so fast it could fly off her neck to catch Wonwoo's eyes and she did not need to wait long because as soon as she spun, Wonwoo and Soyeon had automatically made eye contact with each other before sending each other a smile and a nod. Soyeon spun back in front and bit her lips in sheer happiness and Joohee thought that maybe she would not regret her choice in the future, afterall.


 

there you go, the first chapter! i wont update this until idk next month? because im going back to school/dormitory later T^T
andddd please excuse my english, i write just for fun hehe