15

Life of a Wallflower

Today will be the last group meeting for Joohee's group. In two more days, the time for the seniors to perform on stage will come. Joohee can already feel the burden of performing well to get good grades, for all three of them. If she messed up, then they can say goodbye to excellent scores. And so again, Joohee strolled casually on the sidewalk, slowly making her way to the usual practice room. There was no need to rush when she was a little bit too early for their meeting; she got so pumped up to practice she woke up five hours before said meeting. She texted Jihoon saying she'll be there in five but Jihoon immediately reply back with four numbers, and then explaining he was just leaving his house so the girl had to wait for him and Seongjoon alone in the practice room. He had given Joohee the pin code to the practice room door and the girl wasted no time and punched in the numbers before going in.

 

Joohee dropped her bag down on the couch, hands resting on her hips. Since she was already here first, might as well set up the instruments they will be using today. She spend the next 15 minutes setting up the stuffs needed- she would usually stay aside and let Jihoon set up the things since she didn't know how but they had been meeting for many times already and after a few times of watching Jihoon set up the things, she kind of had automatically memorized the ways. When she was done and satisfied with the result, she sighed and smiled to herself, proud being able to set those things up alone. The sound of the door opening made Joohee jumped a little but she quickly recovered. Jihoon walked into the room and nodded in approval at the sight of everything already being set up and ready to use. Joohee smirked. "I set all these things up alone. Aren't you proud of me?" She flipped her hair jokingly. The boy chuckled before making his way in his studio, doing something the girl couldn't see from her place. "Yeah yeah. I'm proud of my student. Happy?" He reemerged from the studio, holding his dear guitar in hand.

 

"Why are you so early? It's like, 40 minutes before our real promised meeting time," Jihoon sat on the couch, ping his guitar case and setting it aside, strumming his guitar experimentally. "Well, I don't know actually. I woke up early so I came here early." Joohee made her way and sat beside the boy, watching him frowning after strumming the guitar. "The kids played with my guitar again. I told them not to touch my things, geez." He clucked his tongue, and focused on tuning his guitar to make it produce perfect sounds. They sat in silence, Jihoon was focusing his attention on tuning his out-of-tune guitar, and Joohee was, well, not so secretly staring at the boy. In fact, she was getting frustrated. The boy would brush his pink bangs off his face, but the hair kept coming down again, poking his eyes so annoyingly. It was so uncomfortable to watch, it pained her internally. Jihoon jerked his head again, getting the hair out from his face but like unfortunately, the hair slid back down like a curtain. "You really should cut your hair, they're poking your eyes and it pains not just you but even me." Joohee narrowed her eyes at the pretty but annoying pink hair the boy supported. Her hands itched to just grab the hair and tie it upwards.

 

Jihoon sighed and brushed his hair back with his fingers. Usually the sight would make the girl mentally drool but not today, when the hair was annoyingly persistent on poking the boy's eyes. "I know, I planned on getting it cut tomorrow. It annoys me too." Jihoon strummed the guitar again and nodded in satisfaction, the tuning was done. He started playing the guitar, it sounded really good but Joohee just couldn't focus because Jihoon's ing hair was getting on her nerves. "You know what? I'll handle this." She grabbed her bag and rummaged through it harshly. The boy stopped playing altogether and blinked at the girl. Said girl pulled out something from her bag and grinned, eyes twinkling. They were bobby pins she brought everywhere in her bag, for emergency cases and this, is an emergency situation. Jihoon eyes widen a little, and then he chuckled hesitantly. "You're going to clip my hair with that?" The girl nodded and smiled deviously. "Oookay? But wouldn't it make me look girlish?" Joohee scoffed. "Nonsense. Everybody can wear bobby pins," With that she stood up in front of Jihoon. The boy sighed in defeat and let the girl do whatever she wanted.

 

For a split second, the girl realized what she was about to do. She's going to touch Jihoon's hair, touch as in, get close and use her hands to clip Jihoon's hair, not hers, the pink hair. Joohee was internally panicking and cursing herself and was about to say "just kidding" and act like nothing happened but a small part in her brain said " it. Just do it and look, he's letting you do it." The girl's hands froze mid-air and she looked stupid but anyone who stared hard enough can see how she was arguing with herself mentally. Jihoon glanced up and his eyebrow rose in question.

 

Well, it.

 

Joohee gently pushed his head down from staring up at her. Seriously, that was the worst angle of her face and she will not let Jihoon see that. The girl softly gathered Jihoon's bangs in her hands, combing it with a deft motion of her nimble fingers. Her heartbeat was beating so fast she was feeling a little bit faint. Jihoon hummed and closed his eyes, obviously enjoying the feeling of someone touching and playing with his hair. God, that was so freaking cute. Her hands trembled but she managed to control the trembling when she focused on the hair and not Jihoon. Joohee pulled the hair back and pinned it in place. The girl carefully pinned the pink-hair away from the boy's face, making sure to make Jihoon looked good instead of looking like a mad man. Pulling the last strands of hair back, Joohee made a move to pin it but a loud knock on the door interrupted her. Joohee yelped and her hands slipped, and , she accidentally poked Jihoon's eyes. "Ouch!" Jihoon palmed his injured eye and fell back on the couch, flailing his legs. "Oh my god! Sorry! Wait here, I'll just- ugh!" The girl ran to the door and threw the door open. Seongjoon smiled innocently on the other side of the door.

 

Before Seongjoon could say anything, the girl had already ran back to Jihoon who was now lying on the couch without moving, probably dying from the pain. The taller boy tilted his head and furrowed his brows. "What…happened?" Joohee paced around the room. "I accidently poke him in the eye and now he's going blind. Oh my god I'm so so sorry, Jihoon. You can punch me or kick me," The girl kneeled beside the couch and examined the boy closely. "Is that blood!? , Seongjoon please go buy something from the medicine store across the road. Buy, I don't know, anything to treat him!" She was panicking right now and the fact that Jihoon was still lying immobile on the couch while groaning didn't do her panic state any justice. "Uh? Oh yeah, I'll go buy something," Seongjoon was out of the room in seconds, running to the nearest medicine store.

 

Joohee peered at Jihoon, still kneeling beside the couch. She grabbed the boy’s arm and pried it away from his face gently and carefully. Jihoon groaned but complied, and the girl could finally see his face. He was closing his eyes tightly, a little blood flowing from the spot where she accidentally poked, which was just below his brow. Joohee sighed in relief; she didn't directly poked him in the eye. Joohee inspected the wound closer and a sharp intake of breath. "I'm so so sorry, Jihoon. Does it hurt a lot? Oh god I'm ing terrible," The wound is small but was quite deep. It must have had been really painful. The boy slowly sat up, eyes still closed tightly since the blood was flowing on his eyelid. The girl quickly searched for tissues in her bag, and pulled out few sheets. "It's okay, it was an accident. You were just surprised," Jihoon finally spoke. The pink-haired boy was forgiving her but she still felt awful because come on, who the heck poke her own crush's in the eye? Definitely Joohee. "No, it's not okay. That wound looks really painful. I'm so sorry. Let me just-"

 

Joohee put a hand on the boy's nape and her other hand gently wiping away blood on his face, carefully avoiding the wound. Jihoon stayed still, letting the girl do her work but he probably gad noticed how the girl's hands trembled on his face because the next thing he said was "Hey, don't worry okay? I'm not mad. It does hurt like a but it was accidental." Joohee bit her lips and nodded, even though the boy couldn't see it since he was still closing his eyes tightly. The blood stopped flowing out from the wound and Joohee removed her hands from Jihoon and threw the bloodied tissues in the trash can. When she looked back, Jihoon had finally opened his eyes, and was trying to blink. His face looked a bit red from the previous blood so the girl took another few sheets of tissues and wet it a little. Joohee handed the wet tissues to Jihoon and boy looked her in question. "Wipe your face with this. I wiped away the blood but there are still a few spots I missed."

 

Jihoon shook his head and help his hands. They were bloodied too, since he was palming his face after she poked him. "Oh, I-I will do it," Joohee kneeled in front if the boy again, and softly wiped the boy's face again. When she was done, she threw away the tissues and released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Jihoon was leaning back against the couch, head resting comfortably on the head rest. "I'm back! I'm fast aren't I? I bought some plasters and- hey, you alright?" Seongjoon burst through the opened the door which he had forgotten to close before running out and made his way over to Jihoon. He examined the boy's face and grimaced. "That wound needs to be treated." He pulled Jihoon's arms and forced him to stay upright; the latter groaned in protest but still complied. "I'll treat this! I have many experience dealing with wounds, you know. I have a really hyperactive brother that somehow always managed to get himself injured and I'm the one who always cleaned his wounds." The taller boy dragged a chair in front of Jihoon and sat there while inspecting the wound closer. Joohee stayed close behind Seongjoon to watch him treat Jihoon and she can see Jihoon backing away slightly from Seongjoon. The girl chuckled and sat next to Jihoon.

 

"Nice hair, by the way, Jihoonie." Seongjoon cackled and started to clean hid wound. "I know," Jihoon replied easily and smirked. Joohee blushed and leaned away from both of the boys, pretending to be playing with Jihoon's guitar.

 


updated! whaddaya think? COMMENT COMMENT btw i have another poll, pls bear with me