11

Life of a Wallflower

 

Wonwoo brushed the imaginary dust off his clothes and leaned in close to the tightly closed window beside him, checking his own reflection for any kind of imperfection. His hair looked somewhat messy then; he was too lazy to style up his hair when he was getting ready to school since he woke up late. He ruffled his hair in an attempt to at least make it appear more decent. Soft hands suddenly gripped his own which was busy ruffling and combing his hair and Wonwoo glanced to the side, finding Soyeon examining him up and down. 

"Let me guess, you woke up late again?" Soyeon softly tugged the boy's crooked tie and nodded in satisfactory after the tie straightened. "Is it that obvious?" Wonwoo grumbled and pat his hair down again. "Stop, your hair looks messy, but in a good way. Don't ruin it," Soyeon chuckled and clutched the taller's arm to stop him from further ruining his y messy hair. The boy muttered something Soyeon couldn't quite catch before slinging his arm around the girl's shoulders. "Let's go take our books for the first class," The girl grinned at the affectionate gesture and nodded, walking into the packed hallways, occasionally bumping into random students who were walking in the opposite direction. 

"Hey, you go to the class first, alright? I want to talk with my friend there," Soyeon pointed at a girl in the school garden who seemed to be busy writing something on her notebook. Wonwoo tilted his head, he may had had seen the girl before but he can't pinpoint where and when. Then he shrugged and nudged the girl next her to go ahead. "See ya!" The boy watched as Soyeon joined the girl at the table before spinning on his heels and headed to his locker.


"Joohee!" The unsuspecting girl jolted in her seat and stared at the perpetrator, eyes widen in shock. The culprit, also known as Soyeon guffawed, and slapped the wooden table, regretting it after because now her hand throbbed badly. "You should've seen your face!" Joohee smacked the blonde's arm and huffed. "Don't do that! You almost gave a cardiac arrest and I don't appreciate that because I can't die yet, my goal of having a boyfriend is not yet to be fulfilled." She maybe exaggerating on the cardiac arrest part, but she was damn serious on the boyfriend part. Soyeon held up her hands in defeat but a grin was still plastered on her annoyingly beautiful face.

"You're going to meet Jihoon today, right? For whatever composing partnership you guys have," Joohee hummed in confirmation while putting her things away in her bag. "You're not nervous?" Her movements halted and Joohee glanced up. "Why should I be?" Soyeon shrugged. "Well maybe it's because you have a tiny crush on him like you told us that day?" Now that Joohee thought about it, she wasn't feeling nervous at all. She felt more excited compared to anxious because she's finally getting a help from Jihoon to produce her songs. Having a crush on Jihoon did gave her anxiety sometimes to talk and act normally around him, but today she just felt excited to spend time working on her songs together with the talented pink-haired boy. "Nope. Doesn't feel nervous at all and I think it's a relief or else I couldn't interact with him like a normal human being." The blonde in front of her clasped her hands together and sighed, stupid smile decorating her face. "My baby is all grown up," She moved to ruffle the smaller girl's hair but then retracted her hand when Joohee pretended to bite her hand. "Now, let's go to the first class, Wonwoo might be waiting for his princess." Joohee scoffed but followed Soyeon anyways.

( ˘ ³˘)♥

Joohee sauntered towards the school's main gate, eyes instantly catching a mop of pink hair peeking behind the wall. "Jihoon! Sorry, did I make you wait?" The girl tightened her bag straps and tilted her head. There's another familiar boy beside Jihoon and Joohee bowed her head in greeting. Hansol smiled and bowed, showing some respect towards his senior since he was a junior. "Nah, we just arrived here just now. Oh, and this is Hansol and Hansol this is Joohee. We're both going to the practice room together so, shall we?" Jihoon pushed himself to stand upright from his leaning position and Hansol followed suit. The girl nodded and pried her eyes away from the mixed-blooded boy. Hansol is too good-looking for his own good. Joohee would trade her soul for the pretty eyes Hansol possessed.

The three walked ahead, leaving the school with the boys leading the way since Joohee didn't really know the way to their practice room. Jihoon walked with his head hung down, eyes trained on his phone, fingers tapping on the screen, texting god knows who and then he sighed in frustration. Hansol and Joohee both observed the pink-haired boy, curiosity evident in their eyes. Jihoon was back to typing furiously on his phone, glancing up every now and then to make sure he won't ran into a pole. The girl blinked and looked at Hansol in question. The boy caught her questioning look and shrugged, he also didn't know what Jihoon was so frustrated about. Jihoon abruptly stopped on his tracks and mumbled a defeated "Fine," Hansol peeked over his shoulder to see the text and cackled. This situation was rather confusing and Joohee was not sure what to do. 

The shorter boy tapped something on his phone and then raised his hand. He was taking a selfie? "Joohee, come get in the frame, I'll explain later." The girl dumbly followed and stood between Jihoon and Hansol. It was funny how they all had different facial expressions in the picture. Hansol was grinning with his fingers posed into a 'V' sign, Joohee had a confused look on her face but attempted to smile while Jihoon was glaring into the camera. He sent the picture to someone on his phone and waited for a reply, Hansol still peeking over his shorter figure to read and Joohee can only stand there awkwardly, foot unconsciously tapping on the ground. Jihoon got a reply and sighed before tucking his phone into his pants pocket, the girl watched him in question.

"I texted the other guys who were already there at the practice room to tidy up the room a bit since I told them I was bringing you along. But they didn't believe me and forced me take a picture of evidence and now that they got the proof, they agreed on cleaning up their mess," Jihoon exasperatedly explained, hand ruffling his soft-looking hair. Hansol chuckled and nodded. "Can't really blame them though, if I was with them I wouldn't believe Jihoon hyung either since he had never brought anyone with him to the practice room, let alone a girl." The only girl mouth formed an 'O' and nodded in understatement. But wait, didn't that mean she's the first girl that Jihoon ever invited to Seventeen's practice room? Joohee shook her head and awkwardly laughed. No, she can't think about this right then or else her face will become unpleasantly red.


When they finally arrived at a specific building after several minutes of walking, Jihoon climbed the stairs into the building followed by Hansol and Joohee. The girl carefully stepped on each stairs since she's prone to getting herself into an embarrassing accident with Jihoon around. They reached the third floor of the building and Hansol pressed pin numbers on the the door's security lock, short soft chime of melody came out from the lock, indicating the door was unlocked. The brown taller boy pushed the door opened and made his way in while Jihoon gestured for Joohee to follow suit after Hansol. The girl gaped and looked around the room. 

The room is quite spacious, can probably fit 30 people in it comfortably. The walls were painted light grey, sprung floors for the entire room and they were two black small couches at end of the room. There was also a counter for coffee making machine that Joohee's afraid to touch or else she might break the machine with a single innocent touch and there's two other doors, one beside the couches and one beside the counters. The practice room was tidy, courtesy of the members quickly cleaning it before she arrived. Oh yeah, the members. All thirteen of them were there and Joohee gulped, feeling their eyes watching her in curiosity. "So, how do you like it?" The girl spun and faced the pink-haired boy behind her. "Oh! Um, it looks great and big. How did you guys even get this place?" Before Jihoon could reply, the blonde boy on the couch stood up and replied instead. "We rent this room using the profit we got from part-time jobs and our group activities like, special performances in any festival or ceremony. Oh and I'm Soonyoung by the way, but people call me Hoshi." Joohee wanted to say that introduction to Seventeen members was pointless to her since she already knew everyone but she just politely smiled and introduced herself.

From then on all the boys introduced themselves to the girl and Joohee would politely bow down and wave, introducing herself back. "Hey I know you, you're Soyeon's friend!" Wonwoo snapped his finger when his failing memories finally came back to him. Joohee chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, Soyeon and Mina are my best friends." At the mention of Mina, Mingyu eyes widened and clapped his hands once in realization. "Ah, so you're the friend that Mina and Soyeon told us so much about," Joohee awkwardly laughed and secretly wished to be away from the boys at the moment. She was not used to getting so much attention from thirteen attractive boys at once. How did Soyeon and Mina even cope with the attention they got from the boys all over the school? 

Jihoon noticed how Joohee was slowly leaning back from the over-excited Mingyu and curious boys, so he clucked his tongue and pushed Mingyu's face away with his palm covering the much taller's face fully. "You guys are making her uncomfortable, knock it off." They apologized before deciding to continue their previous activities before she came. Jihoon led her to the room beside the counters and pushed the door opened. "This is my personal studio though it pales in comparison to a professional producer's." The boy bashfully showed around. To say Joohee was amazed would be an understatement. She had never been in a studio before and Jihoon's was so neat and tidy, with small figurines and toys decorating the table supporting his iMac. He got lots of producing components and instruments and Joohee almost squealed in excitement.

Joohee had only recorded her songs on her laptop before using only her headphones with small microphone attached to the side. So after seeing all the tools to create music in Jihoon's studio, the girl can't help but feel immensely thrilled. Her song was about to be recorded professionally.



another update! some wonwoo x soyeon moments hehehe oh and svt finally met joohee wooooo yeahhhhh
and theres not much jihoon x joohee in this chapter but just wait for the next chapter muahahahaha

oh and did anybody noticed the (big ) appreciation post? 
i want to thank and hug all of my upvoters for bothering to upvote this horrible story
i would like to thank my subscribers too! i love you all! thank you for reading <3