14

Life of a Wallflower

Joohee had left the practice room after taking dozens pictures of the sleeping boy who didn't even slightly stirred when the girl had tripped over her own foot on the way out, knocking over some water bottles on the ground. He must have had been immensely exhausted to not notice such loud noise she was making. The girl managed to safely arrive back to her home by bus and wasted no time as she sprinted through the house towards her bedroom upstairs. Dumping her bag and jacket on the floor, she jumped on her bed before unlocking her phone, going through the recently snapped images. She was being a total creep but she couldn't help herself from being one when Jihoon was too fluffy and adorable for his own good; he pouted in his sleep for god sake. Now Joohee's not that creepy. She won't set the sleeping picture of Jihoon as her wallpaper like some dumb girls in dramas would do and then getting caught by said boy in the picture. She was going to do nothing with the picture except maybe only going through them when she's feeling down or bored. The girl sighed and locked her phone before deciding to take a cat nap on her comfortable bed.

 

Feeling refreshed after her nap, Joohee cleaned herself with a relaxing warm bath, ate some snacks while watching the latest episode of her current drama and when the episode ended, she decided to go practice singing her song Jihoon had helped with and set up her keyboard. Joohee ran her fingers across the keys, testing out the sound and nodded in satisfaction. Taking a deep breath, her fingers started to dance around the keys, creating a beautiful melody that was accompanied by her singing. Her day went on like that, singing and playing the keyboard, practicing various songs until the sky turned dark.

 

Joohee groaned and stretched, reaching out to her phone laid beside her. She couldn't remember how she fell asleep last night, but judging from her position at the moment, she must have had accidentally fallen asleep while playing on her phone. Now it was 6.30 in the morning, and it was Monday which meant there's school waiting for her. The girl rolled on the bed some more, groaning and grumbling to herself before getting up from the bed and made a move to get ready for the dreaded school. She did her usual morning routine on school days, and headed downstairs for breakfast. Her mom was in the kitchen, cooking something which smelt a lot like her favorite breakfast menu, pancakes. Her mother greeted her and the girl sat down at the dining table, waiting eagerly for her pancakes. Her father came down a few minutes later and then whole family had breakfast together after a while. A good way to start day. Joohee was in high spirits and nothing can make her feel down.

 

Just kidding. The girl's shoes right now were soaking wet, the previously white pair of shoes were now in brown and grey, creating a hideous gradient. She was walking to school peacefully when some noisy boys bumped into her while running around and then she found herself in a big puddle of water, and her shoes were soaked heavily. The worst part was the irresponsible boys didn't even cast a glance towards her or say sorry, instead they continued chasing each other around like some kids, acting like nothing happened. The girl cursed the boys under her breath while making her way into the hallway, heading straight to her locker. She threw opened the locker harshly and searched for any spare socks and shoes but to her utter dismay, she didn't kept any. She groaned and closed her locker in disappointment. She was going to be in a bad mood all day is she didn't change her shoes soon; she can't stand being in a wet squeaky and heavy shoes. Joohee whipped out her phone from her pocket and dialed her two best friends for help. Mina had said she never kept any spare shoes and Soyeon who arrived to her locker a few seconds after she called, shook her head in pity, saying she didn't have any shoes too. Soyeon led them both inside the school garden away from the busy hallway and pushed the girl down on a bench, told her to stay there while she searched for a pair of shoes before disappearing as fast as she appeared. She couldn't be any more grateful for having Soyeon as a friend.

 

The girl looked down at her feet and frowned in disgust, slipping off the shoes and pulled her wet socks off from her feet with her fingers carefully. When the cold air brushed against her bare feet, she shivered and wiggled her toes to keep her feet warm. "Joohee? Why are you barefooted?" Joohee's head swung up so quick her neck almost snapped in half and looked at the boy in front of her in surprise. Jihoon was staring at her weirdly, an eyebrow rose. , of all times he can appear, why now? The girl sighed and wiggled her toes again, pointing her finger at the wet shoes and socks below the bench. "Some s bumped into me and I was pushed into a deep dirty puddle, my shoes and socks soaked and now I don't have anything to wear." Joohee crossed her arms and huffed, crossing her ankles. Jihoon frowned, hands slipping into his pants' pockets. "Your friend, the blonde one, bumped into me earlier and she asked me to come here and help you out. She said she urgently needed to go somewhere and then left without I can even reply," Joohee gaped for a seconds. She mentally scoffed at Soyeon's words. Urgently need to go somewhere my . That's just her excuse to let Jihoon help me instead, that manipulating .

 

"Oh, so…" Joohee looked up at the standing boy in front of her in expectation. Jihoon rubbed his chin, thinking for a few seconds then snapped his fingers when a bulb lit up in his head. "Stay here. I'll come back," With that, Jihoon disappeared from her view like Soyeon did. She just hoped Jihoon won't send other random guy to help her like her friend did. Joohee brought up her feet on the bench, bending her legs to prevent her feet from getting dirt and grasses from the grounds plastered to her feet. The pink-haired boy came back after a few minutes holding a small grey duffel bag in his hands. He gestured for Joohee to scoot over so he could sit beside her. Joohee did as told and watched the bag in curiosity. Jihoon sat beside her and put the bag on her laps. "Should I this?" She traced the zip with her fingers. "If you don't want to walk around all day barefooted then, yeah," The girl wasted no time and ped the bag. She was greeted with a white and grey colored pair of trainers inside, and she pulled it out from the bag. Jihoon took the bag from her hands and let the girl examined the shoes.

 

"Whose shoes are this?" The shoes were a little bit too big for her but it will do for the time being. "It's mine. And don't worry they don't smell, I washed it to put it in the bag before bringing it to school the other day. I was going to wear it today after school for dance practice but I guess you'll need them more and my feet are not that much bigger than yours so I think you can wear it comfortably?" Joohee could get teary eyes by this moment because she was touched Jihoon had bothered to lend her his shoes but she wasn't about to cry out of gratefulness there, that would look stupid. Instead, she grinned happily at the sight of clean dry shoes in her hands and was about to slip it on but was stopped by Jihoon. He rummaged through the bag and took out a pair of socks she didn't notice were in there. "The socks are clean too," He handed the socks to the girl and told her to put them on. Joohee carefully pulled on the socks and sighed in relief by having something covering her cold feet warmly. Next, she slipped on the shoes and tied up the shoelaces tightly so it won't come off accidentally. She stood up in glee and tried walking with the shoes on. She can walk in the shoes with ease and it was comfortable enough, she couldn't ask for more.

 

"Thank you so much, Jihoon. I don't know what I would do without you," Joohee realized what she just said and proceeded to blush like an idiot. "I-I mean-" Jihoon stood up in front of her and rubbed his nape, a habit of Jihoon Joohee had noticed. "You're welcome. And I want to thank you too, for yesterday. I mean, for waking me up and let me sleep comfortably on the couch instead of on the desk." He chuckled in embarrassment for needing an assistance to sleep properly instead of perched on the desk and hurting his shoulders and neck. Joohee blushed harder and hung her head a little to let her hair curtained her red cheeks. "You knew it was me?" She laughed awkwardly and gripped the phone in her pocket tightly, praying to god Jihoon didn't notice how she was taking picture of him sleeping yesterday. "Yeah, I vaguely remembered you waking me up and dragged me to the couch, and then nothing. I probably had fallen asleep immediately after I lied down." He glanced at the shoes the girl was wearing. "And I guess we're even." He pointed at the shoes and flashed his cat smile (Joohee had named his smile where the corners of his lips curled upwards when he smile) adorably and Joohee kind of wanted to run across the school and scream out of sheer happiness.

 

It was amazing how Jihoon could bring up her previously foul mood into a happy mood just by lending her his shoes and flashing a smile. They both walked out of the garden after that, walking side by side silently until they had to go separate ways to their respective classes. When she entered her class, Soyeon had knowing look on her face and Mina wiggled her eyebrows.

 


yayayay a rather boring chapter but still! a joohee x jihoon moment again!!!
i'll promise the next chapter will be longer and more interesting XD
anddd IM SOOO HAPPPYY BC SO MANY OF YOU COMMENTED ON THE PREV CHAPTER
THANK YOU I LOVE YOU
Oh and I'm planning to write a new fic, but not anytime soon so pls vote!