21

Life of a Wallflower

 

The studying slash tutoring session went well. Everything was normal; Mingyu having problems with any questions that include calculations, Seungcheol telling Soonyoung and Seokmin to shut up and Soyeon and Mina laughing at the boys' antics. Except for the few moments where Joohee locked eyes accidentally with Jihoon when she was sneaking a glance and then both of them smiling bashfully afterwards. Joohee caught Mina and Soyeon throwing smug looks at her and wriggling their eyebrows before muffling their laughs with their hands. The girl's glare did nothing to stop her two giggling best friends.

But that was days ago so Joohee let it pass and focused on what she was doing at the moment. As promised, Jihoon was again helping the girl with her song. But this time, Jihoon tried teaching the eager-to-learn girl how to use the music program in detail so she could create her own tracks. They solely focused on getting Joohee to master the program but of course that would not happen in just a few hours.

So when her eyes began to hurt and blurred from staring at the bright screen for too long, Jihoon suggested introducing her to other equipment for music making and the girl wondered how the lilac haired boy never seemed to be affected by facing the computer screen for hours. She took the offer to dive deeper into the art of music making, absorbing everything and anything the boy would say in an earnest interest. 

They didn't talk much about other things, both of them being in their producer mode but that doesn't mean Joohee cannot enjoy their little moment together. This is not some kind of a shoujo anime where the protagonists are dumb at figuring out their feelings and Joohee was anything but oblivious to the butterflies in tummy feeling she gets every time she's with the significant boy.

She's very much well aware that she's crushing on Jihoon, sometimes a little bit too aware. Whenever their hands brushed against each other's, even the slightest brush, and the girl would immediately pink at the cheeks. And thank god Jihoon never noticed her blushing state.

She had accepted the fact that she likes Jihoon but, then what? Judging by how the boy acted around her these few past days, Jihoon had seemed extra friendly but only with her. Proof was Jihoon had been laughing about a lame pun the girl had said and when Mingyu called him twice, he turned to the poor giant puppy with a deadpanned glare muttering a monotone "What?" But even then, she's still not sure what to do?

Should she just wait and go with flow? Or should she just brace herself up and confess and possibly ruin the friendship they have? Or maybe wait and try to find out what Jihoon actually think about her? The last option sounded the most appealing to her and the least dangerous. So it's confirmed, she'll try to figure out if Jihoon had the slightest interest in her. Joohee was not about to get her hopes high though because let's be honest, no boys had ever liked her before so why would Jihoon?

"-hee, hey, Joohee!" A loud snap of fingers startled the girl, effectively bringing her back to reality. The girl blinked twice before gasping softly and turning at the same time in her seat towards Jihoon who was looking at her in amusement with a small smile gracing his face. "Oh god, I'm so sorry I spaced out! I didn't even realize I wasn't focusing on-" Jihoon's soft chuckle cut off Joohee's potential nervous rambling and the boy ran his fingers through his hair swiftly.

"Don't worry, I'm not mad or anything. You must be tired with all these amount of learning you have to do in short span of time," Joohee let out a soft sheepish laugh and glanced at the boy in apology. "But I am actually kind of tired too and I just realized, it's late now and we probably should go home before our parents worry, yeah?"Jihoon rubbed his neck and stretched in his seat, cracking his knuckles and all. "We should." Joohee brushed her hair back with her fingers and stood up, reaching for her bag on the floor beside the door.

"Here you go," Jihoon passed the girl her notebook which previously resided on the table. Joohee mumbled a small gratitude before stuffing the book inside her bag. By time she's done packing her things, Jihoon was already waiting in front of the exit, a baby blue beanie resting nicely on his head. Joohee held back the strong urge to unlock her phone and take pictures of Jihoon and right then and there because the boy looked utterly adorable; his soft purple hair matching nicely with his baby blue beanie and his hoodie too was soft pink colored. She should probably start a petition for Jihoon to forever wear pastel colors on him because he looked damn good.

"You ready?" Jihoon yawned and stretch yet again, hands attempting to reach the ceilings even though it's basically impossible for him and his height. Joohee nodded before walking out of the building together with the boy. "I'll walk you home and don't refuse." Jihoon had said it and who was Joohee to deny him?

"Okay," 

They walk side by side, pace slow and unhurried. Comfortable silence enveloping them except for occasional contented sighs the girl let out. It was getting a little cold since the wind was blowing quite strongly but she can handle that. Joohee's hair was tousled and getting into her eyes and mouth courtesy of the wind. The boy beside her also shivered a bit, slipping his hands into the kangaroo pocket of his hoodie, warming them up. He laughed when he saw the girl's misery of having longer hair slapping her own face but then Jihoon put a hand on Joohee's shoulder to stop her, keeping her in place. 

Strands of hair were still sticking to her face and Joohee groaned, brushing her hair back with both hands like she's going to tie it except she didn't have a hair band. Not to worry though, because Jihoon suddenly grabbed the beanie he's wearing and yanked it off, ruffling his hair afterwards. Somehow, the girl could almost predict what would happen next.

Jihoon tapped Joohee's hands, signaling for her to let go of her hair and she did, eyes curiously watching every movements the boy made. The dark hair was soon kept in place by the baby blue beanie all thanks to Jihoon. His hands brushed her hair idly after, bringing it away from covering her face so they rest on her shoulders. 

Millions. That's the amount of butterflies currently wildly flapping around in her tummy and she could feel her face warming up. This was what she meant when she said Jihoon was extra friendly with her. He took care of her every time she needed help even with trivial things. Joohee didn't know what to do so she did the only thing that came across her mind right at that moment- she softly intertwined her fingers with Jihoon, eyes gazing straight at the boy.

Jihoon looked surprised for like, a few seconds before his expression melted into a cute smile that made the corners of his lips curl upwards; her favorite smile.

(●´∀`●)

Hand in hand, they reached the girl's house after 10 minutes of walking and Joohee tried not to show her disappointment. Why couldn't her house be further, dammit? The two music enthusiasts stopped just a few steps away from her gate and Joohee mentally whined when Jihoon pulled his hand away.

"I've-"

"Actually-"

Both the abruptly stopped speaking before bursting into laughter. Joohee then gestured for the boy to speak first.

"Okay, actually I have been thinking, umm… Do you… Do you want to go out for coffee tomorrow? Or anytime you want, really!"

"…"

Tell her she's not dreaming because Joohee was seconds away from hyperventilating. Did Jihoon just ask her out?! Well, he didn't but that's almost the same thing.

"…you don't want to?" Jihoon's shoulders sagged a little. The girl gasped and flailed her hands around because of course she wanted to, what the hell? "No! No, no!" Jihoon blinked, head tilted a bit to the side, confusion evident on his face. "No as in you don't want to or no as in sure, let's get coffee?"

"T-The second one," Joohee fought the blush threatening to explode her face and diverted her eyes away from Jihoon. A wide splitting grin appeared on his face and he's bouncing on the balls of his feet. "Great! Tomorrow, coffee, and I'll uh, text you where," He's still grinning and he just stuttered on his words and Joohee felt like melting into the ground.

 


First of all,  sorry for the lack of updates! As you all know I've been busy with life. BUTTT here ya go! 
Comment what you think yeah? bc i think im losing my non existent writing skills