13

Life of a Wallflower

Joohee zipped up her bag and slung the straps over her shoulders, leaning down to examined her appearance in the mirror. She's going to the practice room again on today since the group project meeting this time was going to be held over there, since Jihoon have his own studio and they need to record the song. The girl had to stop by at the cafe a few blocks down first because Seongjoon was waiting for her there, clueless about the whereabouts of the practice room. So here she was, pushing the glass door opened, bell hung above the door chimed, and the aroma of roasted coffee beans and freshly baked breads taste buds. Joohee instantly spotted the boy; he was waving his hands from where he sat to catch the girl's attention. He stood up and sauntered over, two cups of steaming drinks in his hands, lips forming a sweet smile. "Here, it's for you." The girl smiled gratefully and muttered a small "Thanks" before taking a sip. Nice warm drink on a cold chilly day brought her mood up, and the girl noticed Seongjoon was still staring at her with a smile that didn't seem to come off from his face anytime soon. It was as if a smile was glued to his face.

 

"Let's go," The taller of the two said while jingling something in front of the girl's face, which turned out to be car keys. The girl softly gasped. "You drive?" She tried to examine the keys closer, to see what car it was but the boy already pulled back his hand and made his way out. The girl huffed but still followed suit. "It's my mom's car. I don't have a car of my own yet," He smirked, looking incredibly smug. He had said "yet" which means he will and definitely get a car for himself. Damn rich people, she couldn't even afford riding taxi for more than 20 minutes, or else her money would fly away just like that. Thank god bus existed. They exited the cafe and Seongjoon led them to his (mom's) navy blue BMW, parked just across the cafe. The girl whistled after seeing the car, before looking at the boy expectantly. "We're going to the practice room with this car? Wow," The boy laughed and nodded, wiggling his eyebrows a little before unlocking the car. "You really like to show off, don't you?" Joohee made a move to pry the door open but Seongjoon had beat her to it, opening the door wide for the girl, hands politely gesturing for the girl to hop in first. "Ladies first," Joohee's cheeks dusted pink and she quickly hopped on and tried cooling down the cheeks. After that, Seongjoon stepped in the car and drive them to the practice room with Joohee directing them to the location.

 

"And we're here," Joohee unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car quickly before Seongjoon could try to be a gentleman again open the door for her. The boy complained about Joohee not letting him show his gentleman gestures but the girl simply brushed him off aside and led them up into the building Jihoon had introduced to her before. They reached the Seventeen's practice room and Joohee knocked on the door. Seongjoon was standing too close to her for her comfort but she was too lazy to tell him off, they're going inside in any seconds anyway. The door swung opened and an extremely tired looking Jihoon appeared before their eyes. "Oh wow, dude, you look terrible!" Seongjoon gasped dramatically and invited himself in, not before pushing the girl in, of course. Jihoon rolled his eyes and Joohee noticed how he had developed eye bags. "Why do you look so tired? Did you stay up awake last night?" Joohee examined the pink-haired boy up and down, from head to toe before clucking her tongue in disapproval. Jihoon sighed and rubbed his face, sitting on the couch. "Yeah, I forgot that we're meeting today and I wasn't finished with the song's composing yet so I stayed up all night last night working on it. And don't worry, I sorted it all out, we can continue the project without any problem." He was leaning back against the couch and Joohee could tell by his posture at the moment that he was dying to just lie there on his side and sleep on the couch.

 

But he stretched and stood up, making his way in the studio and waved his hand over, inviting them in. "We're recording here. You brought your own guitar right?" Seongjoon nodded and pointed at the big guitar case hung on his back. Jihoon had already set up the instruments and components needed for the recording, so now they only needed to start recording their singing. They sat down on the chairs Jihoon had dragged in into the room and watched Jihoon clicking something on his mouse, then the sounds of the back track which Jihoon just finished composing and arranged last night played, letting the two people sitting behind him listen to the demo version of what they were going to perform. To say that Joohee was captivated by the Jihoon's soft voice blasting through the stereos would be an understatement. Even though it's recorded, his voice still sounded the same like how he would sing live, proving how talented he is. Seongjoon was nodding along to the song and from that they can confirm that he liked how it sounded. Jihoon watched their reaction and was glad both of them seemed to like it. The song came to an end and both Seongjoon and Joohee clapped in awe, their high expectation of the composer Woozi were met. Jihoon smirked but his droopy sleepy eyes made him looked really cute, in the girl's point of view of course.

 

Hours passed by, the sun now rose completely in the sky, shining down on the earth, giving lights for the humans to work and do their activities with ease. But one particular pink-haired human seemed to be needing the dark sky, moon and stars now because he badly needed a good sleep at the moment. Joohee watched Jihoon with pity; the boy was sorting out the recorded data but he would be nodding off every now and then. Seongjoon was strumming his guitar, practicing for the live acoustic performance they were planning to do while the girl practiced playing the keyboard. They had recorded the song in just about an hour and Jihoon was pleasantly surprised they did really well because recording, at least in Jihoon's experience, usually takes several hours. The composer had ushered them out of the room after that, saying he can't focus with so much noise they were making with the instruments. He sat alone in the room but he didn't bother closing the door, choosing to let it opened wide since he needed some more oxygen from outside of the room to stay awake. That was how the girl managed to sneak a peek every once in a while inside the room to check up on the boy.

 

When Jihoon's head hit his own desk after accidently nodding off to low and close to the desk, Joohee decided it was time for all of them to go home. They can continue all of this later, they still had two weeks. The pink-haired boy was cursing under his breath and rubbing his sore forehead, the girl stifled her laugh and cleaned and rearranged the instrument she used to its original place. Seongjoon kept his guitar inside his black case cautiously before slinging it behind on his back and looked at the girl in front of her. "Want a ride home?" He offered, grabbing his keys from his jacket's pocket. Joohee casted a glance towards Jihoon who was now sleeping at his desk, arms cushioning his head on the table; his neck and arms will hurt when woke up. "No, it's okay. I, uh, have to stop by my friend's apartment which is only on the… next block." She smiled to be more convincing. Seongjoon frowned but then shrugged. "You can go on ahead. I need to take a few things from that sleeping beauty," Joohee pointed at the sleeping boy. The taller boy nodded hesitantly but then moved to pat her head twice before making his way out of the room. The girl froze momentarily. Seongjoon's actions just now reminded her of Jihoon ruffling her hair days back.

 

Speaking of Jihoon, the girl turned toward the room and found said boy still peacefully dozing off in the same position. Joohee frowned and looked around the practice room. There's a blanket and a couple of square pillows which pattern were identical to the couches'. The girl heave a deep sigh before carefully shook the boy's shoulder. "Jihoon? Wake up. You can't sleep here. Hey, Jihoon. Wake up!" The boy stirred and grumbled before grumpily opening his sleep-deprived eyes. Joohee gulped and decided to just go on with her plan, she already woke Jihoon up anyways, and there was no turning back. The girl grabbed the boy's arm softly and dragged him slowly to couch. It was safe to say that Jihoon didn't really realize he was awake since he was obediently following the girl, his free hand adorably rubbing his eye. He was half-awake at this point. Joohee mentally cooed at the rare sight happening in front of her and resisted herself from snapping pictures of the sleepy baby. She gripped his shoulders and pushed him down on the couch. Jihoon blinked before laying himself down on the comfortable couch, preparing to sleep again, oblivious to his surroundings. Before his head could touch the couch, Joohee had quickly slid a pillow underneath his head and nodded in satisfaction. She took the blanket at Jihoon's feet and covered the boy with it, leaving only his head exposed. The girl grinned and internally screamed at the uncommon view. She took out her phone and decided to it and snapped few pictures of the sleeping boy from different angles. She was being extremely creepy but she couldn't care less, she won't be seeing this sight again anytime soon, so better take pictures since they last longer.

 


A new chapterrr. I screamed while writing the sleepy jihoon part because thATS SO ADORBS
Oh and on the previous chapter, more of my readers commented and I could't be happier! Thanks guys!
I'm rewarding your effort of commenting by some fluffy Joohee X Jihoon scene
COMMENT MORE BC I'LL REWARD YOU AGAIN