08

Life of a Wallflower

The loud chatters of students in the hallway can be heard even from the class Mina was in. The brunette made her way to her locker after telling Joohee and Soyeon to go on first. She had accidently left her phone in the locker earlier when she took out her books she needed for the first class. Being forgetful is one of the traits that Mina possessed and would willingly and happily get rid of. Opening her locker, Mina searched for her phone and immediately spotted it on top of a stack of books she didn't get to rearranged after using them. She sighed in relief and hugged her phone to her chest. "I miss you, baby."

 

Then suddenly her locker door slammed shut, and Mina clutch on her phone tightened in surprise as her eyes widened at the sudden noise. The girl turned to glare at the culprit who dared slamming her locker in front of her face only to come into an eye-contact with her crush, Mingyu. The tall guy was narrowing his eyes at her, and his gaze fell on her phone and Mina wondered what his problem with her phone. Did he get into a fight with her phone? Just at the thought of Mingyu screaming to a phone angrily made her snort and laugh. Mina could tell Mingyu was unamused by her sudden amusement since he frowned. "Why are you laughing? I didn't even say anything yet," The brunette wiped an imaginary tear from laughing to hard and calmed down. "Nothing, I just suddenly thought of a funny TV show I watched last night." The girl smoothly lied. Mingyu raised an eyebrow but let it slid.

 

"Who were you talking to just now?" The tower decided to ask. Mina tilted her in confusion and frowned. "I didn't talk to anybody?" She said, her statement came out sounded more like a question. "But you just said 'I miss you, baby' to someone on the phone." Mingyu huffed and leaned against the lockers, eyebrows furrowing. At that Mina couldn't help but burst into a laugh again, Mingyu was just too adorable for someone who looks like a chic model and he sounded jealous. "Stop laughing!" Mingyu flicked her forehead softly and the girl made an 'ok' sign with her hand while trying to calm herself down. When she was done laughing, she patted Mingyu on his shoulder, having to tiptoe in the process. "I wasn't talking on the phone; I was talking to the phone, Mingoo. I left it in my locker and I just got it back. You were jealous over a phone, Kim Mingyu." The girl cannot help but snort again, holding in her laugh. Mingyu's face turned expressionless but her ears were red at the tip, he probably had realized that he was jealous over a non-living thing. "Oh, I thought you were on the phone- don't laugh!" Mingyu huffed and crossed his arms. "Okay okay, now I have to go, my girls are probably waiting for me. See ya!" And the girl vanished before Mingyu could even utter a single word.

 

O(≧∇≦)O

 

Soyeon glanced up from her tray of food and immediately spotted a long-awaited brunette. The said brunette then slid into her seat in front of Joohee who only hummed in acknowledgement of her presence, too busy eating her lunch her mom packed. Mina stole an egg roll from Joohee's lunch box and received a deadly glare in return. But she stuffed the egg roll into anyways; Joohee still had lots of them. They chatted for a while and somehow the topic end up on Mina's story about Mingyu just now. They laughed together, Mina almost choking on another egg roll she stole from Joohee. "Oh hey, how's it going with Woozi a.k.a Jihoon?" Soyeon asked and Mina nodded, both of their faces seemed eager to know about her progress with Jihoon. The girl paused eating and wiped with a napkin.

 

"I guess… we're friends now? I honestly don't know, he said we're music partners." Joohee shrugged. "Music partners?" Soyeon raised her perfectly shaped eyebrows. Joohee kind of had forgotten to tell her friends that she write songs. "Yeah, I may or may not have been writing songs for almost a year…. sorry, I always forgot to tell you guys." The girl elaborated and waited for their reactions. They just blinked a few times before shrugging. Now Joohee didn't expect that. "Cool. Why don't you let us hear your self-written songs?"

 

"Nah, I'm still not satisfied with how they sounded, I still want fix many things." The girl scratched her nape sheepishly. "Oh okay, let us hear it when you think they're perfect for hearing." Mina said, or more like commanded. Joohee gulped and nodded hesitantly. "So, do you collaborate on a song with Woozi or what?" Soyeon picked on her dry cafeteria food. "Not really, I guess. He said he will help me with my songs and in return, I'll have to review his song. Oh and did you know, you two had said once before that he's all mysterious and quiet but the fact is, he's the exact opposite of that, he talked more than me."

 

And just like that their topic of conversation changed to Joohee and her encounters with Jihoon. They spazzed a little bit hearing the story but was sadly interrupted by the sound of a bell ringing, telling them to leave the cafeteria and go back to their class. They walked together to their class with Soyeon who cannot stop saying she was proud of Joohee's effort of interacting with another human. They entered their class and were greeted by an unamused face of their teacher. After bowing down in apology for being late the three friends quickly shuffled down to their seats. The woman in her mid-thirties in front of the class cleared and clapped once to get the class' attention.

 

"So now, pack your things up, we're going to the main hall." The students groaned in unison but still followed the orders. When Joohee walked out the class, she could see that other classes were also headed in the same direction. Looks like all the seniors had to gather in the main hall. The three best friends walked together with arms linked to make sure they won't be separated since the hallway was packed with students heading to the main hall. When all the seniors were gathered in the main hall, the teachers in charge told them to line up according to their classes.

 

"Okay please calm down, kids. So today we're going to divide you guys into a group of three from different classes." Loud groans and protest filled the main hall but was immediately shushed by the teacher on stage. "Stop complaining. Now you all got the numbers the teachers gave out just now right? Now, who got number 1? Please gather over here." Three students can be seen half-heartedly making their way to side of the hall, forming a group. "Next, students number 2 please gather beside group 1!" The process of forming groups continued and more and more groups were formed. Some can be seen totally happy with team members and some didn't even care. Joohee waited patiently for her number to be called out. Mina wad gone with her teammates on the other side of the hall, and now it was Soyeon's turn. The small girl sighed and tapped her foot impatiently.

 

"Number 22! To the most left side of the hall please!" Sighing in relief after waiting for so long, Joohee made her way to her to the left side of the hall, anticipating who her teammates will be. The girl arrived first and waited for her group members to come. Her first member came up and it was a boy. His hair was dark brown with some blonde highlights and he was pretty good-looking with his doe eyes and pointed nose. And he's tall too, almost as tall as Mingyu. Joohee wondered how she had never seen him before. The boy waved and smile. "Hi! I'm Lee Seong Joon from 3-D. Just call me Seong Joon." The girl flashed her smile back and introduced herself. "Now, where's the other member?" The boy muttered, neck stretched up to search for anybody coming in their way.

 

"Joohee?" The girl spun and saw her music partner, Jihoon coming towards them. "You're number 22?" Joohee asked in pleasant surprise. The shorter boy chuckled and nodded before facing towards Seongjoon and shaking his hand. "Now the family is gathered." Seongjoon jokingly said. They waited for all the groups to form while they chatted about the possibility of what their project would be. Joohee secretly glanced in Jihoon's direction every once in a while, cannot believe her luck of teaming up with the boy. The pink haired boy caught her glance once and he only grinned before flashing a 'V' sign and the only girl in the group could only chuckle awkwardly in embarrassment after being caught staring.

 

"Alright. The groups are all formed. Let me explain what project you will have to do. This is a group project that will give you really high marks in extra-curricular activity which will raise your chance of enrolling into good universities in the future. So this project is as important as getting good grades in academic. What you will have to do is, every group must prepare literally anything, be it a drama, story, dance or even gag show that is related to the theme, which is "Believe" and you have a month to prepare for it. Each group will showcase what they had prepared next month in this hall, on this stage. So now you can start discussing what you want to do since have a few times left. Any questions?"

 

Students started to whisper to each other about their ideas and plans, discussing what would be the best to showcase. This included the group 22, who were now seated on the floor to plan. "So what should we do?" Seongjoon asked. "Let's do something where we can all do." Jihoon suggested and Joohee nodded in agreement. They came up with a few options but then decided not to use any of them. They sat there for a while, thinking in silence. "How about an acoustic singing performance?" The girl suggested, eyes looking back and forth between Jihoon and Seongjoon. "I'm quite decent at singing and we all know Jihoon is superb at it, so what about you, Seongjoon?" Joohee explained, obviously excited by the idea though she could already feel the nervousness of performing on stage in front of public. Seongjoon only raised an eyebrow before launching into a loud singing of Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. Fortunately, nobody else seemed to hear his embarrassingly loud singing but he had proven himself that he could actually sing. He sounded good. But not as good as Jihoon, Joohee's mind supplied.

 

Jihoon nodded in approval and grinned. "Then let's do it."

 


new chapter is up! 
i decided to give mingyu and mina some time to shine bc honestly, they are really cute together
anndd comment comment comment!