12

Life of a Wallflower

 

Jihoon dragged a chair in front his desk from the corner of the room for Joohee to sit on, then sat himself on his big leather wheely and comfy looking chair. Definitely a producer like chair. They sat side by side, and Joohee had to bend her legs a little to avoid her thighs from brushing against Jihoon's. That was how close they sat together and the girl calmed her nerves down by taking out her polka-dotted notebook which Jihoon would have probably already recognized by now. The boy was looking at her every move, leaning against the chair, right arm propped up on the armrest and his hand supporting his head. He looked a like a strict producer ready to scold you if you make any mistake and Joohee prayed to god for Jihoon to not be the kind of producer like what she just imagined. The girl flipped the pages on her notebook, searching for a certain song, and if Jihoon watched close enough, he can see how her hands trembled slightly. Joohee stopped on a page filled with lyrics and music notations and symbols, the title written on top of the page was only the initials of the real title "WGMIS". Jihoon skimmed through the pages and hummed in approval, his working mode appearing.

 

"Let's see how you're going to sing it," The boy stared at the fidgeting in expectant, leaning on the chair's armrest. Joohee nodded and took a deep a breath in before letting it out slowly, clearing and tapped her fingers on her thigh according the imaginary beats she heard in her mind. Then the girl sang softly only for Jihoon to hear, closing her eyes, completely immersed in hitting the right notes. When she was finished, the girl's eyes which previously were closed fluttered opened and she came to an eye-contact with Jihoon. The boy had an unreadable gaze and face completely stoic, Joohee was not sure if he had liked it or found it horrible. The girl sat there awkwardly, waiting for the boy say something and finally, what seemed like an eternity for the girl, Jihoon cleared his throat and averted his eyes to the notebook. "There are some parts which I think you should tweak a bit, especially this part," He pointed at a line on the second page. Joohee internally sighed in relief and peered at what Jihoon was pointing at. She nodded in agreement and the pink-haired boy continued. "The melody sounds good but the bridge part needs a bit fixing."

 

"Do you have any suggestions how I can change it?" Joohee looked at the boy expectantly. "I do but look here," He leaned closer to the notebook, hand holding a pen, the tip pointing at a certain part. The girl unconsciously moved closer to see clearly and hummed. Jihoon continued explaining on what he thought would sound perfect for the lyrics she wrote and the girl listened intently, nodding every now and then in understatement. "Try singing it with this note-" The boy glanced up and froze in his seat. Joohee blinked when he suddenly stopped mid-sentence. She looked up and became a statue like the boy in front of her. The girl gulped. They were close, a bit too close for it to be comfortable. If the girl moved just inches closer, their faces would touch and more importantly, lips. But the girl was no creepy obsessed girl, she didn't dare move even an inch. On the other hand, Jihoon was as surprised as the girl at the proximity between them, his eyes were wide and his lips parted just slightly.

 

Then a loud thud came from outside the room, then loud curses and laughed can be heard. Both Joohee and Jihoon jumped in surprise, and turned their heads away from each other in synchronization. Jihoon spun her chair towards the door and stood up while clearing his throat. "I'm going check up on the monkeys outside. I'll be back." With that he fast-walked the hell out of the studio. Joohee blinked once. Twice. Thrice. When things clicked in her minds, her face turned red and the girl held herself back from screaming at the top of lungs. What the hell just happened? She was about to thought back about the awkward situation just now but her brain revolted against remembering it. It was too embarrassing and awkward even her brain refused to see it again.

 

Joohee fanned her face and tried to regain her composure but failed terribly. She yanked her hair and screamed mentally. When she was done trashing around, she heave a deep sighed and face palmed. "Just, forget it ever happened, Bae Joohee!" She whispered to herself, slapping her own face in the process. The girl once again, jumped in surprise when she heard knocking on the door. Jihoon walked in, face neutral without any signs of previous awkwardness and Joohee sighed in relief. He must have had decided to pretend nothing had happened just now, thank god or else it would have been really awkward. The pink-haired boy sat down on his favourite chair and wheeled his way to the desk again, at his previous spot. The girl shook her head and cleared . "S-So, I'll try singing this part with that note,"

 

"Yeah, please do so," Jihoon rubbed his nape and looked at anywhere but the girl. Joohee sang, controlling her voice from cracking and tried hitting the notes Jihoon had suggested. The boy nodded in approval when she was done. "You're really good at singing, but why didn't you enter the singing contest Seventeen held in school last year?" Jihoon doodled on a blank paper he had on his desk. "I, uh, didn't have the confidence to perform all by myself on a stage in front of the whole school." She smiled sheepishly. Jihoon nodded in understanding, and rubbed his nape. "Well, you're good, okay. You'll do great for the project." Jihoon assured and smiled, his lips curling upwards at both ends, which made him, somehow resembled a cat. It was freaking cute and Joohee melted a bit inside. "Thanks, I promise I will." The previous awkward atmosphere was gone, replaced by a comforting air. "So, let's continue shall we?" Jihoon raised an eyebrow, still smiling. "Yeah," The girl shrugged and scanned through her notebook.

 

(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

 

"Thanks for having me guys," Joohee bowed a bit at the boys surrounding her. "No problem. You can come here anytime you want if you have to meet Jihoon," The oldest one out of the bunch, Seungcheol, replied and smiled warmly. He was so good-looking Joohee had a thought about taking a picture of him. "Yeah thanks again and see you again!" They all waved and Jihoon opened the door to the staircase for the girl. "Why doesn’t this building install elevators?" Joohee grumbled. The boy laughed and shrugged. "Maybe it would be a waste, since there are only like, five floors in this building. Exercising a bit won't hurt." Joohee groaned at that and the boy only laughed more.

 

Jihoon had insisted to walk her home since it's already kind of late and Joohee was not that familiar with the streets around here, so the girl didn't really have much option but to agree. They walked side by side on the sidewalk, the boy letting the girl walked in the inside of the sidewalk, which was much safer. Joohee can't help but imagine what it feels being Jihoon's girlfriend. His future girlfriend would be so lucky to have him. He is multi-talented, gentleman to girls, is a bit quiet but also have a playful side, and not to forget, he is ing cute. The girl was snapped out from her reverie when Jihoon poked her arm. "Earth to Joohee! I asked you which street your home is in," The girl blinked before responding "Daisy street," Jihoon nodded and crossed the street and turned left before walking a little bit further straight ahead and the girl followed suit. "We're here!" Joohee muttered in surprise, it was supposed to take a longer time to reach her home but this time it only took them ten minutes. "Yeah, I took a shortcut." The girl nodded and smiled before facing Jihoon. "Thanks for walking me home. My house is just down there and I think I can manage walking there by myself," She chuckled. The pink-haired boy waved it off and smiled. What Joohee didn't expect for Jihoon to do was bid a goodbye and walked pass her after ruffling her hair. Her hair. I repeat, Jihoon ruffled her hair. The girl tensed and before she knew it, the boy was already gone, turning around the corner from where they came from. It was safe to say that, Joohee had slept that night with a small smile on her face.

 


FINALLY A JIHOON X JOOHEE MOMENT
I noticed that  only 1/6 of my readers are actually giving feedbacks so,
COMMENT COMMENT NEVER FORGET TO COMMENT DEARS (your comments gives me motivation to update)
btw I wrote a oneshot featuring Mingyu and check it out here!