03

Life of a Wallflower

The next day, Joohee told about what happened to her yesterday to her two best friends. They thought about the possible theories as to why Lee Jihoon was there, sitting in the same garden Joohee was in. But Joohee brushed them all off, saying that "He can sit wherever he wants, the garden is a public place for god sake stop making assumptions!"

Joohee sighed and then straightened up. "I have a question. How was him when you hang out with Seventeen? Is he the quiet and reserved type of guy?" The girl asked, trying to sound monotonous and uninterested. Soyeon and Mina pondered for a while and the shook their heads left and right in synchronization.

"Now that I actually think about it, we don't really see him when we hang out with the others. Oh, only once. That time he sat with the boys for a moment talking about, I don't know, probably a song he was writing and then took off to god knows where." Soyeon said while her hand rubbing her chin, as if she had an imaginary beard. Mina who was sitting beside the blondie nodded her head in agreement.

"So that means, he is totally mysterious… and cute, but mysterious," The brunette hummed while looking at the other two girls with a smirk and her face. Soyeon and Mina seemed to be having telepathy between then, Joohee could almost actually see the non-existent antenna on their heads waving around.

Then the two predators turned towards the prey. "We know exactly you need to do," Mina wriggled her perfectly lined eyebrows. Joohee backed up and snorted. "I do not need to do anything. It's not like I made him mad and whatnot" The girl squinted her eyes accusingly at the other two.

"No! We're not telling you to go jump on him or whatever you think we're going to ask you to do. What we were about to say is, Joohee baby, do you think you can like him?" Soyeon grabbed Joohee's hands and looked at her with hopes in her eyes.

"Um what?" Joohee smartly answered.

(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ

Joohee had been thinking about what her best friends just said earlier that morning. Joohee had to admit, she kind of had developed a tiny crush on Jihoon because man, who wouldn't. Lee Jihoon is quite small for a guy but he is still taller than Joohee. His pink hair was endearing and he has feline features, with his lips curling at each ends. In conclusion, Jihoon is cute. Hella cute.

While the girl was thinking, she made her way to her class after taking her books from her messy green locker. The next lesson was about to start and she needed to be fast or the monster of a teacher would give her a punishment she would very like to avoid. Nobody will appreciate being told to stand on one leg, with arms spread wide outside the class.

When Joohee was passing by a class, she saw someone familiar kneeling on the ground with his arms in the air. As she got closer, she now saw the boy as clear as crystal and immediately recognized the pink hair.

Joohee gasped silently and prayed to god to keep her feet on the ground because she did not want to suddenly trip on air or her own foot when she will be passing by the boy.

Jihoon must had been given a punishment for something he had done. His face was tired and then he yawned, closing his mouth with his hand before raising it up again. He must have had slept in the class and then got caught. 

The girl walked by and tried not to look at the sleepy boy but was failing to do so because oh my god he was so cute looking really sleepy but was forced to stay awake.

What the girl did not realize was a book placed on the ground in front of Jihoon. The same book he was holding that day in the garden. When the girl finally realized that she was about to step on the book, she shrieked and hopped on one leg. Her own book was strewn all over the floor and she landed on her . Joohee had thought about lying there and leave herself to die and rot or maybe she kind of also need the earth to open up there and swallow her wholly.

When she opened her tightly closed eyes slowly, the first thing she saw was the same thin eyes she saw that day but now was opened wide at the scene before him. Screw her life.

"Are you, umm, are you okay there?” Jihoon did not move an inch but instead asked in a really soft hesitant voice as if the girl will start to cry if he raised his voice any higher. Joohee cursed her life again and then quickly pick herself up before gathering her books on the ground in hurry.

"Yes! I'm okay. I-I just, I have to go. Bye!" Joohee stammered and then walked fast-paced to her class, her head hung low in embarrassment. Jihoon blinked twice and shrugged lightly before noticing a polka-dotted notebook beside his knee, opened wide revealing a series writings of lyrics and music symbols.

He raised his eyebrows and looked up again only to see that the girl was gone from the winding hallway. He read the book in approval before realizing that he was practically breaching people's privacy. He shut the book and slipped it underneath his own book on the floor. Mentally setting a reminder in his head to give the book back to the clumsy girl earlier.

But then he mentally sighed because well, how was he supposed to hand the book to the owner when he did not even know who she is.


another update for youuuuuu dont forget to comment alright???