Fire Within

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes fly open in the presence of such a threat, but I do remember from my lessons as a child, wolves have their own unique powers. I stay as still as possible, my eyes narrowing as I see three of them emerge from the trees.

One of them immediately sticks their head in the air, sniffing. I feel my fur stand up on edge, my claws digging into the tree's bark. I see him lock his eyes on me, his entire attention shifting onto me. He will know I'm not from around here, I probably don't smell like a cat either. He probably doesn't know what I am, this is the first time a mixed-blood has gone out in public.

I hear a low and deadly growl erupt from his chest. "Could you come down? Why are you in this part of the woods?"

I just glare at him and answer him with silence, seeing as the other two stood firmly behind him, bearing their sharp canines at me.

"Tell me what you are then!" He snaps, snarling. "You are in our territory!"

I continue to glare daggers at him with my eyes, not saying a word. The wolf then looks at his other companion, I watch as they both nod. I dig my claws deep into the tree, the large one suddenly comes and shakes at the tree. I feel it almost being yanked from its roots, I let out a hiss as I lose my balance, falling out of the tree and onto my feet.

s!

I sprint away from them, feeling my smaller heart beating like a hummingbird. I notice I am surrounded by green shrubbery, in fear of getting lost, I change back into my natural state.

I ignore the pain of the transformation, my small cats' bones stretching and snapping into their original form; due to the fact I am running and the sudden change, it is more painful than ever before. My clothes stretch back onto my body, feeling dizzy as I look around at the forest from a human point of view. I must have lost them, I let out a sigh of relief.

But just as I put my hand through my hair I feel like I am being watched, I stand still for a while, but just as I am about to turn around something grabs my wrist.

"Don't touch me!" I scream, letting my powers burst from my hands, burning everything as I turn around. 
I watch as the bushes and trees hiss and snap under the heat of the fire, but then I spot a boy, human, writhing around on the ground in agony.

He was a wolf...

I feel instant guilt spread over me as I look at his burned arms, I hold my head high throwing off the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter