Engulfed

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I cautiously slid open the door, glaring at the woman who stood before me. She seemed to be trying to look over my shoulder at first before giving me a smile that went from ear to ear, I raised my eyebrow, skeptical of her presence “Is Chanyeol here?” as she asked I subtly shut the door a little.

 

“No - Well yes, but he's busy right now” I muttered, evaluating her posture - she had something hidden behind her back “What did you want, who are you?” I began to layer on questions. She was a petite woman, ash blonde hair that was caught up in braids, she had a peculiar face that held a type of foreign beauty to it. 

 

“Oh…” She looked defeated by my answer but quickly regained her smile “My name is Aiyanna, but you can just call me Anna” The innocence was practically vibrating from her, she seemed a year or two younger than me as well “Actually...who are you?” she chirped. 

 

I gave her a perplexed look, was she not here when we both arrived? 

 

“Haru who is it?” Chanyeol asked as he walked around the corner, I pursed my lips together to contain a smile as his shirt was covered in flour, he even had some on his nose. As his gaze reached the door, his entire being froze for a second, he took a deep breath before continuing to walk over “Aiyanna” He sighed, bored - almost as if he was expecting this.

 

“Chanyeol,  you know you can just call me An-”

 

“What do you want?” He cut her off, I felt his heat on my back as he approached closer. He gently edged in front of me, pushing me back a little. I reached out to him, my fingers lingering over his arm. I looked up to him in a puzzled manner, he was never usually this harsh with well anyone. 

 

“I came to welcome you back” She muttered, the arm that was behind her back began to quiver before she practically shoved it toward Chaneyol “This was a welcome back present - They were your favourite right?” It was a bowl full of Gladiolus petals, the scent coming from them was quite muted - but the colours were magnificent.

 

“Did your mother not tell you why I was back?” Chanyeol did not even bat an eye at the bowl of petals she had held out, he simply continued to glare at her. 

 

“No, I had just come back from a trip and heard your name being mentioned” Her eyes flickered down to me then back to him, her fists clenched slightly “Mhm… well welcome back  Chanyeol”

 

Flustered she hesitated for a moment before shoving the bowl in my direction instead. Confused I absent-mindedly grabbed the bowl before watching her leave as fast as she had arrived. I looked down to the bowl, what a peculiar gift - why not just bring a bouquet of them. 

 

“What was that about?” I muttered, putting the bowl on a ledge near the door “And what's with the petals? Are they some sort of good luck charm or something?” 

 

Chanyeol’s brow was furrowed as he turned around, a long sigh escaping his mouth “It is supposed to symbolize strength and keeping them in the house is like you said a stupid charm” He shook his head, pushing his hand through his hair “You seem to be taking this well…”

 

“Taking what well? Am I missing something?” I asked as my hand rests on my hip, I feel my body temperature rising slightly - I kept my breathing regulated. 

 

“Well...me and her...back when I visited here, we had like a thing” I notice that he is picking his words carefully, watching me take in each one “But it was just flirting and when I left I made it clear I wasn't interested, she said she didn't care but I thought that she would have the dignity to keep away” 

 

“Well she will now won't she?” I murmured “Only an idiot would challenge me when it comes to you, and if she does, well…” My voice drifted off, I felt that peculiar feeling in my chest that I had felt once before - Jealousy? It was like a sickly heat prickling through my body - I felt the need to be possessive, instinctively. 

 

“It wouldn't get that far, you know I wouldn't let it” I entwine one of his hands in mine pulling him closer slightly “She might be young and naive but she understands how serious a bond is” I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his words.

 

“Why oh why is there always someone after you wherever we go?” I brush my thumb lightly over his nose, wiping away the flower “No matter” I take a deep breath and step away “I do trust you, I am just very aware of how persistent heart broken girls are, she would have come here expecting you to sweep her of her feet” a smug smile broke out onto my face as we both went into the kitchen, I bit my lip - watching Chanyeol follow after me. His expression was prudent, he is definitely thinking that I have a plan to kill her - but in fact I was contect on knowing that Chanyeol was my own. 

 

“Haru-”

 

“I know, I'm not” I murmured as I took a seat on one of the stools, the smell coming from the oven was making my mouth salivate “Like I said, I trust you and I know this is unusual for me to just sit back and not freak out but I know you are gonna do what you gotta do, And what I do isn't your problem, just let me love you - stop trying to make it complicated”

 

He looked at me for a few seconds more before letting out a smile “Fine, I trust you not to ‘Haru’ things up” 

 

“Haha...very funny” I watched as he went to open the oven, the smell became more prominent - definitely chocolate. He took out the tray and lay the perfectly baked cookies on the side, I went to grab one but he lightly slapped my hand out of the air. 

“Not yet, they need time to set” He came and took a seat next to me, we stared into each other's eyes for a moment. There was something different about the way he looked at me, whether is was a new found desire or just pure emotion I couldn't put my finger on it “You’re beautiful you know that?” He murmurs as he runs his hand through my hair before planting a kiss on my forehead, I then feel him sigh against my skin. 

 

“What?” I asked, leaning back to be able  to look at his face, I noticed then that he was looking at the clock on the wall. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter