By A Theme; Anger

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had been up for a long interval of time trying to make sense of what had happened before hand and what I was seeing in this present moment, Chanyeol had not spoken a word, but his eyes carefully followed me as I paced around the room, often glancing at him to make sure that I wasn't dreaming, or that the man in front of me wasn't a figment of my imagination. 

The room itself was isolating, no windows, the only exit being the door behind me. Chanyeol had told me this was his room, but it looked too plain, as If no one had lived here at all. The palace itself was forsaken, the only inhabitants seeming to be his sister and father - I had not had the chance to ask of his mother yet. 

The thought of my own mother lolled into my mind, stirring up unnecessary emotions.

“Stop you are going to hurt yourself” He suddenly mutters, floating from his chair and swiftly coming over to delicately remove my nails that had been unconsciously digging into my skin, rather than recoil from his touch I tightened my grip, letting out a soft breath as I reached up to put my hand through his hair. 

“What happened to you whilst I was unconscious?” I asked nervously, putting my hand delicately on his cheek as I ran my eyes over his features once more, I wasn't repelled by this - more addled by the change. His hair had shifted to a cloud silver, curled around the tips naturally, his eyes had been drawn a darker colour; but all of this did not change who he was - I just wanted to know why.

He had a glum smile painted on his peach stained lips, but he leaned into my touch with exhaustion delivering a soft sigh onto my skin “I had to do something, you were in trouble so I did the only thing I knew would work for certain” He took my hand and pressed it to his lips, he squinted softly, making sure his words did not arouse any panic “I gave up apart of myself to heal the wound and take away what she had planted inside of you, so in return for doing that it took a part of my purity” He was staring at me as if I was going to yell at him, but I all I could do was deepen my worry for him. 

“Why? What could be so important that you had to give that up?” I murmured and watched him cautiously - her final words floating back into my memory, I felt a lump manifest in my throat that made it hard for me to breathe normally.

“It looked like vines that were spreading down from the wound, my sister said that they were most likely poison that would be dangerous to remove - so I transferred the injury and healed myself, but I took a part of her power with it, and this is the result” He held out his spare hand, I saw exactly what he described twisting around his wrist and slowly manifesting into his fingers, the vines distorted themselves into a small ball before they burst - revealing what looked like black smoke. 

“What does that do?” I ask curiously, reaching my hand out to touch it, but as my fingertips entered its aura he closed his hand into a sharp fist and shook his head with grief, his eyes serious and wary. 
“We think it's some sort of poison that I can inflict onto others if I release it, but as a wolf i'm not exactly supposed to have any demonic powers” He takes my hand gently, entwining our fingers, he looks toward the door - deciding that since I had began to talk we should probably leave, we were not wanted as guests “So, this factor denounces me any right that I had to take my fathers place” he purses his lips together, this fact had cut him deeply, so much so that his arm began quaking under my touch.

“Regardless of what your father says - thank you for saving me yet again” I managed to peer into his face, capturing his gaze for a moment “You are still my statuesque Park Chanyeol, yet I do not know if I can ever repay you for what you have done for me” 

A small smile splinters it way onto his face, he lets out a throaty chuckle “I am nothing if not your protector first and lover second, I know you would do the same for me” He gently began to lead me out of the room, I found myself almost jogging to try and keep up with his brisk walk, although to him he was probably taking his time, his legs were so damn long. 

I had nothing more to say as we walked down the corridor, nothing I could do for now other than silently be half dragged along; overall appalled at what had taken place. I felt a vexation toward myself for getting into trouble, he always seems to be the one who catches me when I fall, yet this time he is paying the price for my mistake, non the less I was hiding how angry he had made me, I wanted to grab him by his shoulders and scream at him for taking this from me, how could he be so selfless, he gave up his life for someone else’s, someone's life who was already tainted beyond repair. Yet consternation stirred in my heart, I could not keep her words to myself for much longer, but there was  a time and a place to share such words and now did not seem like a convenient place to disclose my own worries.

My prolonged moment of silence had not gone unnoticed either “Tell me what you are thinking” He pleads as we walk through a pair of doors, I notice that we are close to the throne room but my silence continues, I scowl at the inequitable situation both me and Chanyeol were in - If anything his father should give his place up regardless. 

I saved his life.

I let go of his hand and bowed my head slightly as I began backing away “I’m sorry” I muttered as I began walking in the direction where his father would be, I felt a heavy weight suddenly press down onto my chest “I have to talk to your father” I whisper as he wordlessly followed me, He had not attempted to stop me yet. I fluidly edged my way through the door, glaring at the man who sits carelessly on the throne as if none of this had ever happened, but he had bandages snared around every inch of his threadbare body.

“Your name, Give me your name” I yell loud enough for him to hear, I continue to approach the man but as I come within proximity of being able to do physical harm a guard halted me, slamming his arm into my chest to which I was unphased, the lord was alarmed by my challenging behaviour, I could tell by the glimmer in his eyes. 
“Sung-jin” He said with a deep voice, scrutinising me with his eyes “I know what you came here for, no matter what you say I still think you are unfit for a place beside me son” He pauses “Unfortunately I have had to dismiss him as my successor” 

“I saved your life” I say, gritting my teeth as I felt lava pour through my veins, I had to keep my cool, destruction would lead me nowhere “Surely you can overlook what has happened, Chanyeol is still fit to take your place, just because he had to clean up over your mistakes does not mean you can just dismiss him!”

“Haru just stop he won't listen to a word” Chanyeol ushers to me, putting his hand on my back, but as he tries to court me away I shrug off his hand and shake my head, flaunting him a pleading look as I jab my finger towards his father.

“No, this is wrong, you both know it is, why do you refuse to give up your place!”

“Because my son is tainted, he chose someone like you for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter