Unexpected

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I look at my nails glumly, the fluorescent pink certainly does not go with my attire today. A black dress, tight at the hips, grey and black stockings that stop in the middle of my thigh; I sigh and wish I could scratch away the colour - I would do so if it wasn't for Suki.

I don't know if I would use the term 'like',  but I am certainly fond of her. I couldn't upset her by doing that.

I look up from my hand, focusing on Suki who has a smile on her dainty face; two bows on each side of her head, giving me a wide smile as she sees me looking. I feel my lips twitch, how could she be so happy all the time?

She uses such a petite fork to eat her pasta that is swimming in sauce, the food they serve here isn't very appetising in my opinion. I play with the red apple In front of me, glowering at her food, "How can you eat that?" I ask, curling my nose as she eats another mouthful. 

"It's quite delicious, why don't you try some?" I shake my head in refusal, but she pierces through a single pasta and makes aeroplane noises "Open that mouth!" 

I raise my eyebrows at her patronising me like a child, had my reputation got this low? Or does she know I won't hurt her?

"No," I mutter as I try and lean away, but she tries persistently to jab it towards my lips. "SUKI!" I yell as she had leaned too far over the table, knocking her Pepsi onto my lap; there is silence in the hall, except for the sound of the Pepsi dripping softly onto the floor. 

"H-Haru..! I-I'm sorry!" She suddenly looks startled, dropping the fork on her plate, her eyes are wide and she begins to get teary, to which I realise that my hands are in fists, and my forehead is crumpled in anger. 

I exhale and sigh, looking a tearful Suki in the eyes. "It's fine," I muttered, forcing a smile on my face; I grab a few paper towels and begin to brush down my dress. The light fairy scurries over, trying to help, I swallow loudly as everyone is watching "Suki I've got it. It's fine." I smile at her again, my face beginning to hurt, "Thanks anyway." I mumble, getting out of my side of the table.

Everyone begins talking again as I grab my bag, but I catch Chanyeol gaping at me from his table, which is overflowing with junk food. "Disgusting." I pull a face before looking at Suki who is scampering to my side. 

"I'm so sorry for your dress, I could wash it, or buy you another! I'm so-"

I gingerly pat her shoulder, immediately pulling away and shuddering, "it's fine, think nothing of it, I don't really like this dress anyway." I choke out a lie as I begin to walk out of the cafeteria, almost gagging on the scent of dogs and greasy takeout food.

"Hey, Haru!" A voice calls for me and I look towards the table of...boys. I raise my eyebrows in distaste, hesitating before I approach them; the one I assume to be the one I burned is glaring at me, his tough dark skin failing to hide the action of his jaw grinding - to stop his anger. 

"What is it dog." I look away from him, not making eye contact as I brush my dress once more, hoping to banish the stain.

"I'm proud of you." He chuckles, but my gaze flies on him, I pull a face of disgust and take a step back.

"Excuse me?!" I begin to raise my voice again, "Who the hell do you think you are?! My father?" His pack begins to come to a halt with their obsessive eating to watch me, making sure I don't hurt the 'alpha'.

I roll my eyes and cover my nose as the stench of their testosterone and the adrenaline is disgusting, I purposely gag. 

Although Chanyeol ignores my tone and body actions. "You didn't hurt Suki, maybe I won't have to keep an eye on you anymore."

"An eye on me?" I let my head tilt back as I laugh, holding my stomach with my spare hand, "I'm not a child, I don't need you following me unless you want to be put on a leash." I look him in the eyes - but he is calm, it almost makes me rethink myself; I scowl at him, wanting him to be intimidated.

"Pink, I can't really say it's your colour." He mutters, tilting his head as if he is debating it, I feel my eye twitch In irritation.

"Stop that!!" I snap, moving my hands to my side.

"Stop what?" He says mindlessly as he takes a bite of his sandwich, I see a smile flicker on his lips, I shudder with frustration.

I know what he's doing.

"Look here you stupid mutt, you're not going to get a reaction out of me, I'm not going to let that head teacher send me that place to get 'help'." I imitate quotation marks in the air, "There's nothing you and your pack of poodles can do, give up and oh Chanyeol..." I reach into my bag and grab my water bottle, unscrewing the lid before pouring it over his head and letting the empty bottle drop against his head. "Look at my scars again and I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter