The Rules

Iridescent Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I refused to talk, but every time he would come close I would scream, I felt so vulnerable.

Maybe too vulnerable.

"Haru! Talk to me" He rocked my shoulder with his hand, I flinch at the pain "I can't help you if you don't let me take off the coat"

I shudder at the thought of him seeing my body, a warm sensation flushes into my cheeks, although an even warmer sensation of my blood drips into my palms as I sit in the chair against the wall. 

The room reeks of wolf stench, I'm staining the carpet with my blood. My vision begins to get blurry as I look around the room, refusing to meet his gaze, I refuse for me to lose the grain of dignity I have left. 

The whole school has seen me hurt, weak, compromised. I doubt any of them would fear me ever again, I will constantly be reminded of this day, the day they saw me vulnerable. 

"No!" I choke out as he reaches forward, my hand trembles as I am too weak to conjure a flame "Don't touch me" I breathe heavily as I try and Ignore the feeling of my blood being drained onto the floor.

"Stop this nonsense! You will die!" Chanyeol raises his voice, the sound of it makes me freeze in my seat "Haru, you're going to die if you don't let me help you" his voice is softer, almost as if he is pleading me to let him help.

My eyes wander to his face, I swallow as his eyes capture mine for the first time since he brought me back to his dorm, his eyes are clouded with pain, yet he still smiles with fragments of hope.

"Close your eyes" I whisper, only just loud enough for him to hear, his eyes immediately close and I begin to try and stand up, using the chair for support. 

I feel so helpless, I feel like I am no longer the hunter but the pray, I am weak, even Chanyeol knows this.

My hands uselessly shake as I reach up to the coat's zipper and pull it down, with a pained cry It unsticks from my back, and falls onto the floor, joining the small pool of blood. 

The cold air rests against my wounds, I then close my own eyes from embarrassment, crossing my arms over my chest "You can open your eyes" My legs begin to get a little bit weak as I lean into the chair.

I hear a sharp gasp escape Chanyeol's mouth, even now I could imagine the look on his face, I listen to the slow steps he takes forward, my heart thumps faster the closer he gets. 

My body jolts as I feel his hands' inches away from my back "I won't touch you" he mutters earnestly, I hear the anger in his voice, I suddenly feel a sensation like popping candy on my back, I let out countless cries, my body refuses to stop shaking. 

I felt his power pass into my back, although we both knew that this would leave him weak and without powers for a while, he gasps as chunks of his energy pass into me.

After what seemed like hours I feel his warm hands press against my back, a tremor rocks through me, I bite my tongue at the urge to shove him away.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing" my voice trembles as I feel his finger tracing the many scars along my back, I bite my lip at the strange sensation, shaking my head, his finger reaches the fresh, pink scars.

"ahh! Stop...please...just get me a shirt" I mutter to him, stepping out of his reach, still with my back to him, only now do I notice how my cheeks are burning, my heart is jumping against my chest.

"I'm sorry" He hands me a shirt which I instantly slip on, I hang my head as I finally face him, I reach out and put my hand on his chest, shuddering again.

"Thank You," I say simply before I pause for a moment, looking towards the floor, I only now realise how much blood was coming out of me, I heave slightly "I'm also sorry for troubling you"

He shakes his head, stepping a little bit closer to me "Don't say sorry, My instincts just kicked in when I saw you like that, I knew I had to save you" I look up to his face, hard with emotion "What happened Haru?"

He asks so bluntly, my hand falls off his chest, I swallow hard "I went back home, that's all..." I hold my wrists, flinching as I remember his fingers around my wrists "He gets happiness out of hurting me that's all" I smile a little as I try and brush it off.

"That's not all...you had a powerful spell cast on you too" He reaches out and puts his hand on my head, a heavy sigh escapes my mouth as I grind my teeth together, he softly plays with my hair, I feel the twitch in my hand slowly begin to dissipate "It would have made you bleed out from your eyes, nose and mouth...but fortunately one of my guys helped" he paused "reluctantly"

I suddenly stumble forward into his chest, my face implants itself into his chest, I let out a shaky sigh as I grab his shirt, I hear his heart immediately beat faster along with a small gasp.

Why did I do that?

"This is your Thankyou" I mutter as I force my suddenly wooden arms to curl around him, my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets from compressing my fear, I feel his arms softly hold my back.

"I'll accept it since it's the best I have got" He chuckles, I can tell he is exhausted, his heart is tired too "I've not seen you in nearly a week and a half" he sighs.

"That would be the sleeping gas they gave me" I mutter senselessly, I abruptly step away from him and hold myself, looking away, "She said she would come for me, but I can handle it" my voice goes into a whisper.

"We can handle it" He chips in, sitting down on the couch with a big sigh "I've had a hell of a week" he mutters.

I go quiet for a second, being brought to a sudden realisation "the crescent moon" I mutter under my breath "What happened?" He looks at me with tired yet cautious eyes, he bites his lip, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You two are best friends, of course, she told you" he mutters to himself, shaking his head, he looks me deep in the eyes, signing once again "Well I went to my leaders as you know, I told them" He rubs his hands together "They told me I had two options" 

I took a seat opposite him, intrigued with his fate as it would enviably now be entwined with mine "One was to kill you before the next wolf moon" I narrow my eyes at his words "The second was to-"

"Haru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter