The Real Me

Oh my, You Keep Giving me a Heart Attack

« What the are you doing here ? »

Hyejeong asked shocked and angry.

Oh my god, what am i going to do. Ok, calm down. Seolhyun’s gaze, first panicked, turned to an emotionless one, almost scaring the tall girl. 

« Argh, Hyejeong, you shouldn’t have woken up. » Seolhyun said. « You always make everything so complicated. »

« What are you doing here Kim Seolhyun ? And why the are you dressed like Cat Woman ? »

Seolhyun took a deep breath, looking at the girl with an annoyed gaze. Don’t make this more complicated. Suddenly they heard a weird sound coming from the door of the apartment. Seolhyun’s eyes widened. 

« Is there anyone else here ? » She whispered worriedly.

« No. There should only be me ! » Hyejeong whispered angrily.

« We need to go ! » Seolhyun followed, taking a usb key out of the computer and then taking the girl’s hand.

Hyejeong shook her hand to let go of Seolhyun’s grip. Damn Hyejeong !

« YOU need to go ! » The tall girl then said.

« No, you don’t understand, » Seolhyun said panicked, Follow me you   « we really need to go, NOW ! » She said, pulling the girl to the window. Seolhyun then pulled on a rope which was tied to the 8th floor and tied it to her belt, holding Hyejeong tight. 

« Don’t look down. » Seolhyun said, remembering the ferris wheel episode.

When the two arrived at the 8th floor they jumped to pass the fence of the balcony. 

 

Ok, this is going to be problematic. 

When the girls entered the apartment Seolhyun’s heart stopped. How are they going to react ?

« What the is happening here ? » Hyejeong asked, looking at her supposed friends.

« What is she doing here, Seolhyun ? » Choa asked with anger.

« I couldn’t let her alone in there. There was someone else. » Seolhyun tried to explain.

« SHE WASN’T YOUR MISSION ! » Choa yelled.

« JUST BECAUSE SHE WASN’T THIS TIME DOESN’T MEAN I HAD TO LET HER GET KILLED OR SOMETHING ELSE ! » Seolhyun yelled furiously at the older girl.

« You’ve been way out of the lines these days, Seolhyun, you know how the boss will react. » Choa said calmly yet frightening the girl.

« I know. And i don’t give a as long as she’s safe. »

« You’re really in love, aren’t you ? » Choa asked with her serious look which gives you goosebumps.

« This is quite obvious. »

Boom, the bomb was dropped.

 « Can someone explain me what the f-ck is happening ? » Hyejeong asked, stopping the girls’ fight.

« I’m going to tell you the entire story. » Seolhyun said, looking at the girls in front of them.

 

Seolhyun and Hyejeong sat on the couch in the living room.

« First, we’ve been on this for a very long time. We all have been chosen to become friend with you. »

« But- I’ve known Mina since i was three ! How the ? »

« Mina’s parents were on the case as well. Actually, all our parents were. It was a huge case. »

« What case are you talking about ? »

I’m sorry babe.

« Your dad. You know, you’ve never been able to explain what was his company about. He said it was import-export and things like that. Well… It sure was import-export. But it’s a little bit harsh than what you think it is. »

« Go straight to the point Seolhyun-ah ! »

« He’s saling girls. Girls like you, like me. He, well, he doesn’t do it, he hires men to do so. Like in the Taken movies. »

« Ok, i’m not feeling well right now ! » Hyejeong said, breathing hardly, tears beginning to form. 

aaw babe. I’m sorry you had to learn it this way. Seolhyun tried to hug the girl but she pushed her.

« Don’t ing touch me ! » Hyejeong said, angry as . « You all used me ? I can’t believe it- I- We slept together ! This is a nightmare. » Do you really think i ed you for the mission, silly ?

« Ani Hyejeong… The characters we played were fake, but the feelings were real. »

« Stop. Just tell me what happened next. »

« We were born to be spies. We were actually all born for that case. You’re not the only one who’s feeling like she was used. Anyway. This is was the year i had to get in the mission. I had to become close to you by moving into your building and everything. The part were i fall in love wasn’t part of the mission… You remember the day i told you i had an appointment for my wisdom teeth and ended up saving you ? It was a mess. I actually had to stay away from you. And you were supposed to be kidnapped by the man to blackmail your dad. I knew what they were going to put you through, all the terrible things they would do to make sure your dad would show up. I just couldn’t stay away so i left the place i was supposed to stay at and ran to you. » 

« What about the picture ? »

« Like i said, me falling in love with you wasn’t part of the plan and it was barely authorized by the boss. So… when i messed up my mission, they messed up my life. It was a photoshop actually. »

« But, you were wearing the same clothes and- »

« Chanmi is a super geek, right ? »

« Chanmi did this ? »

« She’s not the kind who’s ready to tell the boss to go himself. She doesn’t want to have problems. » Unlike me, i’m mrs trouble maker.

« So… You did not cheat on me ? »

« No. » Come on ! As if i would have cheated on you with Jingoo. Gross.

« I would totally forgive you if i wasn’t a mission. »

« Come on Hyejeong ! I’m in love with you, i really am. »

« I’m just not sure i can love the real you… » What the you saying ? My brain can’t understand.

« No don’t- don’t say this Hyejeong. It was still me all this time. I just lied about my past but what we lived was real. »

« I need to be alone.. » Hyejeong said, getting up and walking to the doors when she saw the girls running to the door and leaving the room.

« What the- Chanmi ! What’s happening ? » Seolhyun yelled, running to the girl.

« He’s here, he’s on the wharf. We need to go. »

 

The girl followed the group and turned to see a panicked Hyejeong.

« You can come if you want. »

Hyejeong agreed unwillingly.

 

-

 

Seolhyun was in her bedroom, thinking about everything that had happened when she received a text. 

 

Mina : This is the moment. She’s leaving.

 

Should she join them ? Shouldn’t she ? Maybe it was better for the both of them if she didn’t. 

When Hyejeong got out of the building her friends were waiting in front of it, all of them with a sad smile and tears threatening to drop at anytime now. Hyejeong stood there a moment, smiling at them. Such an heartbreaking moment. They had been through a lot of stuff together, they grew up together tho, and it was as painful for Hyejeong and for the girls. Saying goodbye was hard. Hardest thing ever. Seolhyun gathered all her together and ran to the elevator, pressing the 0 button hundred times. 

« Hyejeong-ah… »

A soft voice could be heard from behind. Hyejeong turned and faced an heartbroken Seolhyun, tears wetting her cheeks. Hyejeong unexpectedly hugged the girl. It felt like Seolhyun’s heart was being ripped out of her chest. The driver called Hyejeong and told her to get in the car. Seolhyun walked with her to the car, a tear falling at each step.

« 6pm, i should go now. » Hyejeong said with a hurt face, trying to fake a smile. « See you someday. » She said while getting in the car. Seolhyun replied with a hurt « See you ! » before the door closed.

The girl watched the car fading away, leaving her breaking down, crying like crazy.