004

The Teaser

 


“…is you.” His face lighten up, and I chuckled. “Why me?” “Just because, Baek.” He pouted again. “You chose me but you didn’t have concrete reason?” “Come on Baek, its 10 already. What, do you expect me to stay up with you until you sleep?” I said while looking at the clock, and I bet Chanyeol already fall asleep. “Actually, yes, because…” “Because you’re afraid?” “No!” I knew him to well, come on. He can’t lie, didn’t he? He just wanted me to stay up, just because he was bored. “Bored?” “Umm…” “Baek, I knew you for years.” He giggled, before lying down on my lap. “What the.” “I’m suddenly feel sleepy.” I face palmed again, this kid. “If you’re sleepy, you can sleep in your room Mr. Byun.” “But you’re comfier than my bed.” He said while wrapping his arm on my waist, burying his face on my stomach. I feel something wrong, come on, Mihyun. You was used with this side of him back then. “Sing for me.” He said while looking at me, those puppy eyes… “No.” He whined. “Baek.” “Sing~~” He pouted, his childish action make me chuckled and smiled more. “Yeah, I’ll sing. What song do you want, Mr. Byun?” “Anything will be fine, Mrs. Byun.” He smiled before buried his face one more time, on my stomach. Wait. Did I hear something wrong or I just missed something?

“I may seem strong, I may be smiling

But there are many times when I’m alone

I may seem like I don’t have any worries

But I have a lot to say

The moment I first saw you, I was so attracted to you

I didn’t weigh out my thoughts and just talked

 

The answer is you

My answer is you

I showed you my everything

You are my everything, because I was so sure

 

I should’ve been more careful, I should’ve saved myself

So I wouldn’t get hurt

I’ve never felt like this before, like my breath will stop

My head is filled with thoughts of you

Your face, the sound of your laughter…”

I stopped, as his breath become steadier, and caressed his cheek. This kid. If he sleeps on my lap, how am I gonna sleep? I reached my hand to take my neck pillow and put it on around my neck, wanting to sleep. I looked at him, how angelic he looks when he sleep but how a Satan is he was soon as he woke up. I always like to adore this side of his face, he looked innocent. For years, I’ve been friend with him, I liked his sleeping face. I pecked his cheek, and whispered a faint goodnight, before pulled my blanket, covering him until his neck to keep him warm. If not, he might get cold and a flu, oh no. You might not wanna see that side of him. He will be really childish, and whined about every single thing. Sighing, I suddenly can’t sleep, so I decided to read a novel. I laughed slowly while reading a funny part in the novel, trying to not wake him up. I take a look at the clock, its 11 already. Nah, I can stay up until 12 because this novel. Hehe. I put on my headphone to make me focused into reading, but, slowly, my eyelids feel heavy. I shook my head, wanting to finish this novel. But my eyelids got heavy, and slowly become heavier than before. “Mihyun?” I looked at him. Oh, he wakes up. “Aren’t you sleeping?” He asked while rubbing his eyes, and looked at the clock. I put off my headphone and closed the novel, and nodded at his statement. “I was going to.” I said, before lying down. “Can I sleep with you?” “What’s wrong with you Hyun?” “Umm…” He played with his fingers. “Just this time. You’re not a kid anymore.” “Sure, but I can be a kid if you want.” “Stop talking nonsense.” He lied down next to me, before hugged me. “I feel cold.” Lies, he was warmer than me. “Yeah, Baek.” I snuggled into his warmth, and slowly dozing off to sleep. I feel fluttered a bit as he my hair, before he fall asleep. What does the fluttery feels mean?