Ch.15

Hollow Moon

Ch.15

“Love & War!”

 

~Last time on HM~

 

  “Thank you all. There are pack houses everywhere. In the letter you were given was an address, please follow that and you will arrive at your temporary pack houses. For now, we feast.” I said, bowing as everyone clapped.

 

 The after party for the meeting went well into the night before anyone started to leave. My pack being the last to leave as we cleaned up before heading home.

 

~Now~

 

  “How much longer until the fight?” Miri asked, glancing around the dining room.

 

  “A few days maybe.” I said, looking at Dark Moon.

 

 They were the ones who planned the attack, since they were the first people affected by the rouges and witches.

 

  “What if there are more than just them?” Hana asked, leaning against her chair and holding hands with Seungkwan.

 

  “Then all of them will be taken down. From what we know, there are at least five witches and at least ten rouges. Only Dark Moon will confront them until we are signaled to join. My cousins coven will be there, but invisible to the eye, until the witches make themselves known. We have to do this in a one night shot...I don't want unnecessary fatalities.” I said, looking at Jihoon, who was holding my hand.

 

 We had talked the morning after the meeting about his proposal at said meeting. We had agreed to hold off on the wedding and mating until we were sure the threat to our kind was gone.

 

  “We have been training nonstop since the meeting two weeks ago, with both the coven and the packs. We all know our parts and if anyone should be injured, the coven knows how the make healing potions, which they will have on standby in case of an emergency.” Sooyun said, leaning onto Seokmin's shoulder.

 

 What she said is true. The afternoon after the meeting, I called everyone to begin training right away. Two weeks have gone by since the meeting and everyone was prepared to fight. We all had families, mates, children, and even the humans in the surrounding area to fight for and none of us were planning on loosing.

 

~Time skip to fight day~

 

 All of us were prepared to fight and nothing was going to stop us, not even the rain that was pouring today.

 

  “Mudslides are bound to happen with this kind of rain...” Miri said looking around at the mountains.

 

  “Good. With YooA and Seung Hee knowing elemental control, we can use that as an advantage.” Chung Gi said, moving closer to me.

 

  “Where are the others?” Suye asked looking around.

 

  “Dark Moon are already moving in on the clearing. Let's go.” I said, pulling up my hood before running into the forest.

 

 It took us an hour to reach the surroundings to the clearing, but when we got there a confrontation had already begun.

 

  “What, are your precious Moon packs not gonna help you?” Jisu, the leader of the rouges, asked Jinhoo.

 

  “ off Jisu. So what if they aren't. We can take on your weak pack no problem.” Wei spat out, his eyes starting to change.

 

  “Weak? How was I able to take on the legendary white wolf if we were so weak?” Jisu asked, leaning against a near by tree.

 

  “Yay..you scratched her and she put you on the brink of death.” Bitto said, rolling his eyes.

 

 Jisu snapped and transformed, followed by the rest of his rouges, and Dark Moon following quickly after.

 

  “When do you intervene?” Miri asked, moving closer to me.

 

  “When Jinhoo gives the signal.” I said, watching Jinhoo closely.

 

 Bitto was going after the ash blonde rough named Yu.A and from the looks of it, he had the upper hand. Kuhn was going after the 'beta' of the rouges, another ash blonde wolf named Jean Paul. Xiao, Dark Moon's maknae was taking out the second to youngest of the rouges, a blonde wolf named Allen.

 

  “Dark Moon must have been training at night...I've never seen them so coordinated.” Jihoon said, coming to my side, opposite of Miri.

 

  “It's ten on ten right now, an even fight. I'm surprised Jisu hasn't called on the witches, he's getting his kicked by Jinhoo.” I said, leaning forward a little.

 

 Something shiny caught my attention and I moved quickly, to grab the dagger aimed at Jinhoo.

 

  “Ah, so the white wolf is here.” Jisu said, backing away slowly as I threw to dagger to the ground.

 

  “Yeah, yeah. Why don't you call out your bitc....I mean...witches. Seemed like a pretty unfair fight with it being fifteen against ten don't you think?” I said, my gray eyes slowly fading into an icy blue.

 

  “Awe, who said this was going to be a fair fight?” Yu.A asked, moving back from Bitto, who was growling very loudly.

 

  “Rouges never fought fair obviously. What made a bunch of witches so eager to help?” I asked glancing at the hooded figures behind the trees.

 

  “They were cute.” a chilling voice said, causing my head to glance at the one with bright green hair peaking from the hood.

 

  “Ew...” Miri fake gagged coming out of the trees.

 

  “They look better then your mate pup. Learn to hold your tongue against a witch.” the one with blonde hair said darkly.

 

  “Don't forget that I have a witches bloodline in me.” I said, glaring at them as they came closer.

 

  “How can I? Your auntie made a mess of my coven and now look, there are only five of us left.” the blonde said, snapping her hooded head towards me.

 

  “That's what happens when you try to kidnap her daughter you stupid .” I said, scoffing at her.

 

  “Her daughter would wreak havoc anyways. Half wolf, half witch, something was bound to happen.” a pink haired witch said, waving her hand.

 

  “Look at her now. She is a hell of a lot better then you are.” I said moving back, before changing into my wolf, signaling the rest to come out of hiding.

 

 With over forty wolves, you think one would be intimidated. As soon as the others came out, Jisu and his pack of rouges backed away and before the witches could disappear, Hyo Jung and her coven appeared, freezing them where they were standing.

 

 The fight went on for hours, Jisu's rouges trying to keep all of the packs away. I easily took out two of them before I turned towards Jisu, who was cornered by both Jinhoo and Jihoon.

 

  “Ah, ah, ah pretty girl. Where do you think you are going?” Yu.A asked, taunting me.

 

  “You really want to fight me? I just took out two of your pack mates and you want to go after me?” I asked, sitting down.

 

  “Do I look weak to you? You may be the white wolf, but you are still younger than me.” he said, coming at me.

 

 Although I moved in time to dodge him, he still got a hold of one of my hind legs and managed to bite it before I flung him into a tree.

 

  “Hehe. Not so tough now are you puppy?” Yu.A said, slowly getting up from the ground.

 

 I didn't spare a glance at my leg before going after him and ripping him a new one.

 

 After that was done, I went and helped take care of Jisu, who was practically pleading on the floor and blaming the witches for his first attack.

 

 The witches were already subdued by the end of the fight and had their hoods pulled off.

 

  “Take care of them. We all need to head home after cleaning up this mess.” I said to my cousin, before transforming back into a human.

 

  “You should have stayed in your wolf form.” Jihoon said, coming up behind me.

 

  “I'm fine pixie.” I said, going to help clean up.

 

  “Have you looked at your leg? That mutt practically used it as a chew toy.” Jihoon said, moving to hold me up when I tried to get to the others.

 

  “That mutts name is Yu.A and i'm gonna be the one to bury his in the ground.” I said, glaring at the limp body, left by the tree.

 

 Jihoon gave up and let me do what I wanted before heading off to find and make sure everyone was okay.

 

  “Unnie...wow your leg...” Miri said, running up to me with a shovel.

 

  “This little ...” I said, nodding my head towards Yu.A.

 

  “He was so cute...” Miri said, handing me the shovel.

 

  “He was...to bad he was a dumb .” I said, digging into the ground quickly.

 

  “There were no casualties on our side, but there are a few who got seriously injured. A lot are saying it was from Yu.A and another wolf named Max.” Miri said, moving over a little.

 

  “Why doesn't that surprise me?” I said, laughing to myself.

 

  “What doesn't?” Miri asked, leaning against the tree.

 

  “Yu.A and Max...two of the most innocent looking rouge wolves ever. Where is Max?” I asked looking for the wolf.

 

  “He shifted back to human and submitted to your cousin, Minki. Minki tied him up near a tree and left him there.” Miri said, pointing towards the boy with blonde hair and a black spot on his bangs.

 

  “He's alive?” I asked, looking at her in surprise.

 

  “Yeah. Minki didn't want to kill him, since he submitted so easily.” she said, moving from the tree when I dropped the shovel.

 

  “Help me with Yu.A, then bring me to Max.” I said, moving to grab Yu.A's arms.

 

 After I finished burying Yu.A, Miri brought me to the tree were Minki tied up Max.

 

 Max looked up at me in shock and fear.

 

  “I won't kill you Max. You submitted to my cousin so easily, why?” I asked, kneeling down towards him, to which he visibly flinched.

 

  “The witches terrified me...they have since the alliance was made. Jean Paul made sure I stayed near him since the green haired witch always looked like she wanted to eat me. I wasn't originally a rouge. My pack....was attacked by Jisu and I was the only one alive and fighting in the end...after killing on of their kind, they took me and made me replace him...” Max curled in on himself, before staring blankly at the ground.

 

  “Your original name, what is it?” I asked, sitting down completely.

 

  “Gyudong, Kim Gyudong. Max was given to me by Jean Paul...he didn't want people to possibly recognize my name when we went on massacres so he changed it.” he said, leaning against the tree.

 

  “Chaeri, are you okay?” Jihoon asked coming over.

 

  “I heard he is your mate?” Max asked, looking at me for confirmation.

 

  “That is correct and I am fine pixie. Go help my cousin with the injured.” I said, nodding towards the coven, who were slowly healing the injured.

 

  “You are one of the injured.” Jihoon said, staring at me with a straight face.

 

  “Yu.A did that...didn't he?” Max asked, looking at my still bleeding leg.

 

  “Yes. How could you tell?” I asked, looking up at him.

 

  “He was like me...taken from his pack as the sole survivor...me and him were close...told each other stories of our old packs. His name was changed as well. Kyungmok...Yoo Kyungmok. When we were alone on patrol together, he always told me to call him Kyung...his older brother used to call him that.” Max said, a tear falling from his eyes.

 

  “That's why you two looked so innocent...I'm sorry...” I said, looking over at the mound where I had buried Yu.A.

 

  “It's okay. I'm sure he is happy now...with his brother.” Max said smiling at me.

 

  “Come on Chae Rin, we need to get you healed.” was the last thing I heard before I passed out from blood loss.

 

…..........there will be an epilogue after this and then it is done...I thank you guys for subscribing and to those of you who have commented! Please look at my page if you wish to read more of my stories. I have one that has been ongoing with this and is still going to continue for a while called 'With Seventeen'. Also, I would like to point out that I do not hate BTL or EXID...I actually love both groups and my bias for BTL was Yu.A before he left to pursue a solo career, so no hate towards them at all. Once again, that you fr your support and i'll post the epilogue within a few days :)