Chapter II

Complicated

“Hyunggg....Yoongi-hyung...” called out Jimin gleefully, ignoring the annoyed look from the older who was sitted beside him in the field, scrolling boredly at his phone as he listen to whatever music that was playing in his earphones. Yoongi was now cursing under his breath about stupid annoying brats and their stupid annoying loudness. He turned the volume a little louder so that he will not be able to hear the annoying cutesy in the younger’s voice asking him to accompany him somewhere since Taehyung ask-NO begged them to act all busy infront of Jin later and leave him and Jin alone, so the two of them can have a quality time alone because It’s not everyday that he gets to go home together with his favorite hyung since Jin was always busy with basketball practices with Yoongi.

Yoongi took off his earphones. Annoyed that his ears hurts like a after listening to Hip-hop songs all afternoon accompanied by a talkative, very loud and stupid Park Jimin who was talking nonstop all day not noticing the disinterest in his face and the earphone that was plugged into his ear.

“Hyunggg I know you have nothing to do later and we need to leave Taehyung and Jin hyung alone because Taehyung misses him and I really really want to go to this newly open cafe near our place. I heard they make very delicious cakes.”

“I want to sleep.” Yoongi yawned boredly.                                                                                        

“You always say that hyung.” Whined Jimin stomping his feet in frustration. And Yoongi thought he was cute, he look like an angry little piggy. He holds back a smile.

“Sleeping is important.” he spoke wittily.

“But socializing is more important than anything, Hyung!” protested Jimin, looking like a child fighting for something.

“really? with who?” he asked, amused.

“With me, ofcourse.” Jimin answered proudly.

“Sleep.” he said coughing, amused at the younger’s sanity. Really, this kid. He thought.

Without looking at the Younger he can already tell how he looks right now. A pout with a matching puppy eyes look must be settled in those chubby face by now. He suddenly felt butterflies in his stomach.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened to Jiminie’s face?” asked the approaching familiar voice from behind. It was Seokjin walking with Taehyung, they were carrying their school bags, ready to go home.

“He wants to get taller.” answered Yoongi sternly. With that he heard a very loud whine from park Jimin, followed by a hysterical laughter from the brunette beside Jin.

“Taehyungiee..” scolded Jin seeing the pitiful-almost-ready-to-cry face of Park Jimin. Sure it was funny but Taehyung don’t want to annoy Jimin, not no, not when he had asked him to do him a favor . And so he places a hand around his oh so upset bestfriend’s shoulder, telling him he’s sorry and that he won’t laugh anymore. Jin smiled at the scene but then turned to Yoongi, “and i also mean YOU, MIN YOONGI.” scowled Jin, emphasizing the last 3 words. Yoongi just rolled his eyes.

After that Jin told them that they need to go home because he still has tutoring work to do. Yoongi suddenly pulled Jimin by the wrist startling the younger, saying something to Jin and Taehyung about going somewhere with Jimin and that they won’t be able to join them on the way home.

Taehyung smiled brightly at the two as he walk away with Jin and Yoongi sworn he saw Jin looking fondly at the smiling alien beside him.

“I think Jin-hyung likes Taehyung.” he said softly not noticing the shaking hands he was holding. He turned to look at Jimin who’s cheeks was tainted scarlet, looking shyly at him. With that he realized something, he smiled cheekily at the younger male who swiftly look away.

 “Jiminie is being shy... do you also like Hyung?” he said playfully, showing his gummy smile.

“w-what are you saying!” Jimin replied looking away. With that, Yoongi’s smile widens.

“but your hands is still on mine.” Said Yoongi.

“Coz’ your holding it.”

“And you like it.” He said, wiggling his eyebrows teasing the younger.

“Jeesh hyung you’re so full of yourself!”

“Why Jiminie? would you rather want to be full of me?” another playful cheeky smile appeared in pale guy’s face followed by an amused laughter. The Younger looks like a volcano that was about to errupt, he was so red and his lips was trembling in embarrassment. Jimin almost want to smack the back of his hyung’s head for making him feel like that.

“Hyung. your playing with me!”

Yoongi’s sporadic laugh turned into a small chuckle, he then decided to start walking still holding Jimin’s wrist.

Yes, Min Yoongi was indeed playful, but never with other people, though sometimes with some of his friends and always with this adorable little sunshine he was holding right now. Jimin was the only person who can satisfy his day with only his presence alone, who can make him feel so amused without even trying, who can make him drink water from his tumbler without force and the only person who can make him feel butterflies in his stomach. And he thinks he likes this cute whiny little piggy already but no one can know. What’ll his basketball mates say about it? What’ll the people around him think? He’s not gay. Maybe just Bi. But no one can know. No one MUST know. Especially how he felt about this adorable little piggy with chubby cheeks, cute crescent eyes and a very attractive smile.

“Chimchim, where is this new cafe you were talking about?” he asked, looking around a familiar neighborhood. Jimin had been silent the whole time they were walking. Yoongi didn’t hear a reply, so he turn his head to Jimin, who was walking behind him while pouting so hard that his lips looks like its gonna fall off of his face any moment.

“Earth to Jimin! Hello?”

Jimin, shyly look at his hyung, still pouting.

“You just rejected me a while ago, why would you want to go now?” he whined.

“I was just joking.”

“What the fu-“

“Watch your mouth brat.”

“sorry”

“Good.”

Suddenly there was a call and Yoongi swiftly answered it. Stopping on his tracks.

“Who is this?”

“Hey dude!“ Its was husky voice of a man.

“Namjoon? What the ?! Who’s number is this.?” He asked.

Jimin watched as Yoongi’s expression changed to an oh-so-annoyed one.

“my Boyfriend.”

“Your new ?” he asked, uninterestedly.

“He’s not my . I’m serious with him.” Was the answer from the other line.

“So why’d you call?”

“Remember the blond guy from the resto last month?”

“Oh You mean the tall guy with a funny face?”

“ you.”

“over my dead body.”

“anyway Suga, he is this boyfriend whom I’m with right now! I never thought he was studying in the same school as us and i….” Namjoon was talking joyfully like a high school girl having a crush. Yoongi sighed. He was annoyed at Namjoon for wasting his time again with yet some another boring news though he was happy knowing his bestfriend, seems happy.

“….and he just said yes. Can’t you believe it? I already have a Bo-“

“That’s good to hear, bye I’m busy.” Yoongi abruptly interrupted, quickly ending the call.

“I think he was still talking.” Said an eavesdropping Jimin who was leaning his ear near yoongi’s phone all this time.

“Brat.” Said Yoongi, flicking Jimin’s forehead as he walk ahead smiling to himself.

“Aw, that hurt hyung. You meanie” Whined Jimin, sticking his tongue out to Yoongi as he soon followed the elder, grabing the latter by the arm, leading the way.

“Jiminie, you said, your house was around here?”

“Yes hyung. Actually It’s that house.” He replied, pointing at the house at the end of the street.

“Let’s go there!”

“How about the café?”

“Next time.” He said, giving him an assuring smile.

When they were already inside the house, Yoongi immediately slump himself lazily in the sofa as if it was his own house. Jimin served him a cold treat and they spend almost an hour eating with Yoongi not talking a word and Jimin spouting –whatsoever-stuffs of which Yoongi thought was nonsense but he listens anyway since the younger was so happy talking while giggling like a cute little piggy. They didn’t even notice the time. It was already late. And suddenly there was an unlocking of the door, and a happy face greeted them with a “I’m home Chimchim!”.

“Hoseok-hyung!”

“Oh you brought a friend.” Muttered Hoseok upon noticing a sitting figure with blonde hair in their sofa.

Yoongi just nod his head in acknowledgement with a slight uninterested smile.

“Min yoongi, right?”

“Yes. And your Jung Hoseok?” replied Yoongi, coolly.

“You know each other?” asked a curious Jimin beside yoongi.

“Yes. He was in the music club with me.” Answered Hoseok. Setting his bag in the table that was infront of the two as he sat in the chair near it.

“I see.” Replied Jimin in understanding. Suddenly there was a cheeky smile from hoseok, and Jimin’s face heated up knowingly. And Yoongi noticed it.

“So Jimin? Is he-“

“It’s getting late. Yoongi-hyung needs to go!” blurted out the panicked Jimin, earning him a cheeky grin from hoseok and a smirk from the pale blonde beside him. Hoseok then stood up, bid them good night before heading uptairs to his and Jimin’s shared room.

 

 

-

 

“You live alone with him?” asked Yoongi upon exiting the door.

“Yes. By the way I’ll walk you till the next block.”

“You should be. You kept me in this late.” With that Jimin just smiled and they began walking.

 

 

 

 

“Why is he living with you?” Yoongi suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

“Hmm? I don’t know, 3 years ago, my mother just came home holding a smiling Hoseok-hyung in her hand saying he’ll be living with us from now on. And I later learned from hoseokie-hyung that our mothers were close friends and that my mother was his godmother.” Explained Jimin rubbing his palms, suddenly feeling all chilly. He forgot to wear his uniform jacket back when he went out of the house with Yoongi. He suddenly notice Yoongi taking off his jacket and putting it around his shuddering shoulder.

“But hyung..”

“I’ll be fine.” Snapped Yoongi. “And the story?” he asked. expecting for a continuation.

“ Well When his parents got divorced, he said he doesn’t have the heart to stay with any of them. My mother offered him a home and of course with his parents’ consent and so he happily accepted it and came to live with us after that.” He said, finally ending his story telling.

“And why were you staying in the same room again?” Yoongi asked, with a tiny bit of jealousy in his tone but nonetheless the younger did not notice.

“oh that.” Started Jimin, innocently. “When my mother started to work abroad, it made me feel sad and lonely and so whenever hoseokie hyung thinks I’m feeling depressed he would always invite me to sleep together like what a sweet older brother would do until I’ve grown myself to sleep with him. ”

Sweet older brother eh? Yoongi thought to himself. He bit his lower lip of the thought, jealousy succumbing in the pit of his stomach.

“Yoongi-hyung. We’re already here. Take care on your way home!” said Jimin when they arrived at the end the street, smiling widely at his favorite hyung. Yoongi just gave him his famous disgruntled expression and began to stroll away, same with Jimin who turned to walk back to their previous direction after shouting a loud, “Yoongi Hyung I’ll see you tomorrow!” at Yoongi’s walking figure.

Jimin finally arrived in the house, he noticed he forgot to returned Yoongi’s jacket,

He took off the jacket, smiled childishly at himself and hug the piece of clothing.

“What the are you doing?” came from a familiar voice. It was his neighbor, Jungkook.