CHAPTER XIV

Complicated


“Chimchim!!!” called taehyung, approaching Jimin who was sitting quietly in his desk. Jimin turned to Taehyung’s direction after staring blankly over haft an hour now outside the window. “Why were you absent this morning? I just had my lunch with Jin-hyung. Have you been here for a while? Why didn’t you join us?”

“Ah.” He laughed lightly trying to look convincingly happy. “I’m sorry, I’m not yet hungry anyway.” He lied, he haven’t eaten since this morning. He was just lying lifelessly in his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling the whole morning.
“You sure?”

“Yes.” He assured him with a smiling wider this time. With that Taehyung was convinced. The brunette pulled the closest chair he spotted then place it next to Jimin’s and sat next to his best friend.
“You know Yoongi hyung is absent today.”

Jimin winced at the mention of the name he tried to erase in his mind this morning. He felt his heart tightened, he swallowed hard before answering with a jolly tone, “Really? He must be feeling lazy again.”

“Aigoo that lazy Yoongi hyung. “


“Little chimchim!!! “ singsang the approaching Jungkook after spotting his object of amusement upon entering the classroom, he waved a hand when Jimin and Taehyung turn their heads to his direction. 

“Hello Bambam!” greeted Taehyung to Jungkook’s companion.
“Hello Tae! Did you just arrive here?”
“Yes” answered Taehyung cheerfully.

“Jimin, why were you absent this morning?” asked Bambam, turning his attention to the smiling Jimin.

“Yeah Chimchim” spoke Jungkook, smiling devilishly.” why were you absent this morning?”  he repeated Bambam’s question.

“That’s hyung for you, you brat!” Jungkook smiled on the back of his mind thinking how he never failed to annoy the older.

“Not until you get taller Jiminie.” Teased Jungkook, smirking. He deliberately went behind Jimin and messes up his hair like he was the elder’s hyung. Taehyung held a laugh by biting his lower lip while Bambam face palms looking at the two.
Jimin angrily stood up from his seat, all fired up, glaring deviously and pointing his finger accusingly towards Jungkook.
“How dare you! I’m your hyung! You brat!”
Jungkook smiled his big toothy smile at the reaction he got.
“Aw, Jiminie is so cute!” he said, patting Jimin’s head this time.

“Jungkook stop it.” Reprimanded Bambam, he wasn’t mad nor amuse at Jungkook’s behaviour. He was just getting weary of it. It was like this everyday and he would always be there to be the referee of the two, if he wouldn’t, who would? 

Jungkook only laugh at that while teasing Jimin even more causing the short elder to rant and rave at the naughty younger, creating a riot inside the classroom. The next thing Bambam sees is Park Jimin pouting like cute little child in his desk looking at his tiny little hand which was placed adorably in his lap with Taehyung beside him patting his shoulder while forcing not to laugh at the adorable sight of his bestfriend and Jungkook now sitting at the chair infront of them, facing the two, smiling proudly while he childishly peeps at Jimin’s pouting and now teary eyed face. Bambam sighed heavily like an old man weary of living, “Aigoo these people, are they really college students?”

“Okay class! Go back to your sits so that we can begin our class!” interrupted a young professor after coming in to their classroom holding a book entitled Calculus.

“Yes Professor Lee!” replied the students.
“Oh, Donghae! Good afternoon!” greeted Jungkook walking to his desk which was just infront of the teacher. He was told to sit there every Calculus class because he never listens and was always asleep if he was sitting in his usual sit which was at the farthest end in the corner near the window just behind Jimin.
“Good afternoon too Jeon Jungkook.” Replied the said person who was Donghae, “It would be nice if you would acknowledge my status as your professor sometimes.” He said smiling sarcastically.

“Hmmmm…” started Jungkook, as if thinking. “ I’ll think about it Donghae. “ he replied, smiling.
Taehyung covered his mouth to suppress a laugh which was about to succumb, he was joined by his seatmate, Jinyoung, who was now giggling quietly in his seat while Jimin and Bambam who was sitting behind the two, facepalms at the craziness of their classmate/ friend, Jungkook.

“You must be Kim Dahyun?” asked the professor at a smiling girl, after setting his eyes on her, she was a newly enrolled student in Jimin’s class who was seated at the chair just infront of Jimin. She was introduced to the class just this morning. Jimin had just seen her since he was absent and even if she was around during that time he would not notice her since he didn’t bother to look around when he entered the classroom because he was too busy in his own thoughts.

“Yes sir.” Replied the said girl giving the professor the sweetest smile she could ever present him.
 
“I see, welcome to my class.”


“Is she a transferee?” asked Jimin, mouthing the question at his neighbouring seatmate Bambam. Bambam nodded at him.
Jimin mouthed back an edible “Ahh” , before turning his attention to the lecturing professor.

­­­­­­

After their afternoon class, Taehyung and Jimin went home together, unlike the usual, Jin and Yoongi wasn’t with them because Jin had basketball practice while Yoongi was absent. So there were only the two of them. They talked about a lot of random things on their journey home like about what happened to them this day at school or about the new girl in class or about random peoples and their random experiences with them and etc. Jimin did most of the talking as usual. He was tale-telling while laughing so hard and making faces with his best friend Taehyung in the road. It was fun even if it was just the two of them, thought Taehyung. It continued like that for a week, with Jin accompanying them one time and Yoongi never. They sometimes talk about their hyungs and how busy both are nowadays. Taehyung likes to talk about how his after-dinner tutoring with Jin goes and how many times he had failed to confess to his hyung. He was never curious about Jimin and Yoongi’s relationship since Jimin never talks about it and he seems okay and therefore they’re okay and he was also always so jolly everyday and he had never shown him any signs of sadness or distress when they talk about Yoongi. So he thought the two’s relationship were just fine and that they are always in touch with each other, even though Yoongi seldom meet them at school and was always too busy to join them during lunches. Now that Taehyung had thought of it Yoongi had never join them to eat lunch together these past whole week. He was suddenly curious about Yoongi, he misses Yoongi. He misses how y they are at each other. It’s been a while since they last argue about some stupid and insignificant things, so one morning, during his first subject, he texted his hyung.


Yoongi was walking on his way to school when suddenly his phone buzz, it was a text from taehyung.

 


From Alien Taehyung:
8:33 am

Hyung.

What does he want? He thought to himself, he was about to type a reply when suddenly someone grab his arm and held it protectively with two hands.

“Suga oppa, you walk too fast. Aigoo” 

Yoongi hisses, “Then walk faster! And stop calling me with that nickname.”

Then girl pouted cutely, tightening her hold on Yoongi’s arm. 

“No! I like that, it’s cute,I gave you that nickname, you should be honored.”

“Wow! Says who?”

“Me!”
Yoongi just rolled his eyes on her but it earned him a sweet smile from the girl. 
“I know you like it.” She teases but Yoongi only sighs.

Yoongi remembered to Taehyung’s text, , forgot to reply

To Alien Taehyung
8:37 am

What?
From Alien Taehyung 
8:38 am

Join us lunch today. ^^


After reading Taehyung’s next reply, he turned to glance at his companion, Join them lunch?
What about her? She would surely come with me, what would I tell them? 

Then he remembers Jimin. It’s been a week since they had come face to face with each other, the last one was when he broke up with him, these past few days he would only look at him from a far, during lunch, eating with Taehyung and Jin , and sometimes he would see him walking around the campus with some classmates. As much as possible he would always try to avoid crossing paths with him, he wasn’t ready to face the younger. But right now a question came to his head, Am I ready?

To Alien Taehyung
8:42 am
I’ll try.


From Alien Taehyung
8:42 am
Don’t just try. Just do it hyung. Please.


To Alien Taehyung
8:43 am
ing kid, I might not make it.

 

From Alien Taehyung
8:44 am
But hyunggggggggg! I miss you!  T^T

Yoongi suddenly smiled slightly at Taehyung’s text, his companion never misses to see it.

“Yah oppa! Who are you texting? Are you flirting?” 

“tch’ Mind your own business woman.”
_____________________________________

 

 

Dahyun pouted at him

 


______________________________________


To Alien Taehyung
8:46 am
I’m not move.


From Alien Taehyung

You should be, I’m serious. T.T
Hyungggggggg. Pleassssse. Please eat with us.

 


To Alien Taehyung
8:47 am
I’ll try.


___________________________

 Yoongi smiled at the back of his mind thinking about Taehyung, He must be pouting right now.

5 minutes had pass and there was still no reply from Taehyung.

Is he upset? 
‘Tch that alien.

He was suddenly thinking if he should just consider his request. But how about Jimin? He isn’t ready to face him yet. And Dahyun? He is not ready to let them meet them yet, though he knows Taehyung and Jimin already knows her since they are classmates. 

Suddenly something hit him.
Wait. 
Does Taehyung knows about what happen us?
If he does, he would be angry. I think? And he wouldn’t text me
Then maybe he doesn’t know?

He remembered Jin.
Seokjin hyung... he doesn’t know yet.
What will I do?

An hour had already pass and Yoongi was now in his classroom sitting lazily at his desk with his earphones on his ears listening to some music. There was a teacher in front but he doesn’t care, he didn’t have the heart to listen at him, he remembers Dahyun she was absent on her first period this morning again. That woman.

Then he remembers Taehyung. He was curious why the younger didn’t reply anymore. He was worried for some reason. Is he upset? Is he angry? 
After a while of thinking his phone buzz again. He thought it be Taehyung but it wasn’t. His eyes went wide like saucers looking at the name of the person who texted him. It’s like his eyeballs was about to pop out of his eyes any moment now. 

.


It's J-Jimin.

 

He look up to glance at the teacher who was discussing. He stared at him as if he was listening but he wasn’t. 

Jimin.

Why did he text me?


He looks back down again to peep at the screen of his phone. At the back of his mind he was thinking not to open the text but his finger had suddenly press the screen, opening the text. 
“”. He curses again, but this time it wasn’t in his mind anymore. He had actually said it out loud, accidentally. And the Teacher called his attention.

“That word again Mr. Min Yoongi.”

He only shook his shoulders wearing his famous disgruntled expression as he glance up at his teacher.
“I’m so happy you aren’t sleeping in my class today.”

“Ahh..” He replied unamused.

“Keep that up.” Said the teacher. Yoongi thought the Teacher was about to continue his lecture again because he was turning the pages of the book when suddenly the teacher walks towards his him and was now beside his desk. 

He gave him a cold look, raising him a brow. “What?” questioned Yoongi.

The young professor just smiled at him. the next thing he knows is the his phone was not in his hand anymore and the teacher already walking away.

“The ?!”

“Is there a problem Mr. Min Yoongi?” asked the Teacher halting when he reached the front then turning to face the class, to face Yoongi. Who was eyeing him like deadly daggers.

The teacher just smiled. When he brought the phone up to see what made yoongi stay awake in class, he smiled wider, this time showing his teeth. 

“Your friend says, his phone was confiscated a while ago and that he expects to see you at lunch.”

Yoongi wasn’t pissed when the teacher had read his text, he doesn’t care, he wasn’t hiding anything and there wasn’t anything flattering in his phone anymore since Jimin wasn’t texting him anymore and their thread wasn’t there anymore. He was curious about what the teacher had said, why was Jimin telling him this? and why was his phone confiscated? 

Lunch.
He thought.

He expects to see me at lunch?

Oh my ing god, did that alien just told him that I would join them at lunch?

He was suddenly lost in his thought, a lot of question had just pop out of his mind.

Is he not angry at me?
Why did he say that?
This isn’t happening.

“Your adorable dongsaeng who is more handsome than you, Taehyung.” 

“W-what?” he suddenly ask. What is his teacher blabbering about. He thought to himself.

“The sender of the text.” Said the teacher.


Yoongi felt dumbfounded, he had panicked for nothing, he was already thinking about this and that because he really thought it was Jimin. He felt stupid. He felt so damn stupid. ing alien. He thought to himself. And this annoying teacher.

_____________________________________________________________________

After class, Yoongi got his phone back with him. His next class was with Jin. It was in the same room. When Jin arrived, he quickly took his sit which was next to Yoongi.

“Taehyung’s phone was confiscated again.” Spoke the older as he took out his notebook and pen to prepare for the next class.”and this time, he won’t be able to get it back till tomorrow.”

“Stupid alien.” Replied Yoongi, nothing taking his eyes off his phone. He was busy scrolling, searching for the next song he wants to play. “ this is his 2nd? Or his 3rd time this week?“

“it’s his 3rd.”

“ah. Okay.” Was all Yoongi’s reply, eyes still on his phone.

“I heard you’re eating lunch with us today.”

Upon hearing what Jin had said, Yoongi abruptly seized his attention from his phone and turned his head slightly toward his seatmate Jin, tilting to look at him .
“What? Who the -“  Taehyung… he remembers.

“Taehyung told me.” 

“That alien of yours.”

“I think he really wants to see you.”

“I’m busy.” He lied.

“Again with that excuse Yoongi.”

“Seriously, I’m busy.” 


“Please? For your favourite hyung?” pleaded Jin, showing his dongsaeng his pouty pleading look.

“But hyung.” 
Jin feels he could make Yoongi consider his request this time. He could feel the younger wants too and that something was just stopping him. 

“Please?”

Yoongi hissed, his hyung was too overly persuasive, what would he do about Dahyun? And Jimin? Jimin is with them. Shiiiiiiiiiit. 
“okayokay.” 
, did I just say okay?

“Yes!” Jin, squealed in his seat. Happy that Yoongi will finally join them.

_______________________________________________________


After Yoongi’s class with Jin, it was already time for lunch. He was suddenly sweating cold and his heart was beating the faster than normal. He was feeling so nervous.
While walking with Jin in the hallway on their to the cafeteria, he remembers Dahyun.
“.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Hyung I need to go to the comfort room.”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you with the other two in our usual table.”

“Okay”

Yoongi run as fast as he could in the toilet which was inside the school building, he quickly dialled Dahyun’s number while on his way. 

“Hello oppa?”

“where are you?”

“ I’m already outside the gate, let’s meet you at the usual place?”

Yoongi sighs, the usual place that Dahyun was referring was in a restaurant a few away from the school campus. Students usually aren’t allowed to go out during lunch unless it’s an emergency and that they have a memorandum. Since the Yoongi was the son of the school’s head and dahyun was Yoongi’s fiance, they could both just go in and out the campus anytime they want. Yoongi was the one who insist that they eat outside saying he doesn’t like the food in the cafeteria. That was obviously a lie. But dahyun doesn’t know. He just wants to avoid Jimin. But what was he doing now? 

“I..” Yoongi doesn’t know to tell her. 

“You can’t come? It’s okay oppa.”

“Okay? You mean okay, okay?

“Yes.”

“I’ll make up next time.”

“it’s okay, a friend saw me. We’ll just eat together.” 
Yoongi quickly hang up after saying “Okay, take care.” 

When he reached the comfort room, he quickly went inside when suddenly someone bump him on his way in. There wasn’t much of an impact, since the person who bump him and him were both moving at a slow phase.

“Sorry” apologized the person.
“it’s oka-“ Both Yoongi and the person he bump froze on their spot after they look up to see each other’s faces.

 

“Jimin.” “Yoongi.” They both said in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

I know it's not a good update.

Yoongi is still acting like an idiot.

And Jimin.

Poor Jiminie.

I'm sorry.

Anyway, Enjoy!  ^^