CHAPTER V

Complicated

It has been a month ever since Taehyung and Jin learned about Jimin and Yoongi. The couple’s relationship had progressed, PRIVATELY that is, as what Taehyung had once noted to Jimin in their way home without Jin and Yoongi.

Yoongi told Jimin and the others not to tell it to other people, specially people from school, saying he’s not ready and that he doesn’t want people to get the wrong idea, Jimin did not understand what he meant when the older had said ‘wrong idea’ but decided to just ignore it because he loves him and according to google, “understanding and trust is important in a relationship”. On the other hand, Jin, Yoongi’s closest friend, knew blonde boy’s real reason.

 

 

----------000-----------

 

One hot Wednesday afternoon, Taehyung and Jimin’s class had rejoiced after the teacher told them that he won’t be attending first period and that their 2nd period teacher will also not meet them, he said they are free to do anything as long as they won’t cause any troubles during those two periods.

“Where do you think Mr. Lee is going? He seems to be in a hurry.” Spoked the brunette wearing his attractive box smile, he was seated under his desk which was beside Jimin’s.

“I heard he’s getting married next month. So maybe he’s running an errand for his incoming wedding.” Answered a cheeky looking boy who was dragging a chair beside Jimin and seated himself beside him.

 

“Aissh! Jinyoung! Your too close! It’s too hot!” complained Jimin, who was holding a notebook, fanning himself.

 

“ I’m too hot, I know. I can’t help it. ” He joked, winking at Jimin, causing the latter to look annoyed. Jinyoung suddenly flush the other a wide grin after seeing his expression which in turn only earned a hissed and a rolling of eyeballs.

“Really? Really? Nice! Who told you Jr?!” asked Taehyung excitedly, leaning closer to Jinyoung of whom he address as Jr.

 

“I heard it when I was called to visit the faculty yesterday. And I heard he was marrying Ms. Park!” He answered confidently crossing his arms in his chess.

 

“Woah, Ms. Park? You mean our English teacher Ms. Sandara Park?!”, questioned Jimin. Surprised was all over his face. “He’s so lucky!” exclaimed Taehyung.

“Yeah! “ agreed Jinyoung.

“I can’t believe it! They were actually dating? I never see them together inside campus.” Commented Jimin as he brought his hands up to his chin to support the weight of his head.

Taehyung suddenly clutch his chess dramatically and the two look at him amusingly, “A lot of male students will surely mourn on that day! Including me!”

 

“Ahh~ me too.” Added Jinyoung, biting his lower lip while wearing a fake pained expression. Jimin then join the two by making the same facial expression.

 

“What the hell are you three doing?” said an innocent voice who just walk in to them, interrupting their mini drama. “You look awful.”

“ Bambam!” called Jimin to the cheerful looking blonde.

“How dare you say that in my handsome face.” , spoke Jinyoung glaring at the said boy.

“Yeah, How dare you say that also in my adorable face!” added Taehyung who was pouting.

Bambam just raised them a brow and just gave them a -SO WHAT-look. He turn his sight to Jimin who was smiling at the scene.

“How about you Jimin? Aren’t you gonna say something?” he asked rather nicely, showing him the sweetest smile he could present the latter. Bambam had a big crush on Jimin ever since he bumped into him outside the gate in their first day of college last year. Though Jimin doesn’t know about it nor have noticed his obvious crushing, on the hand Jr, Taehyung and some other classmates have long notice it.

 

“He’s not offended.” Spoke Jinyoung. “He won’t be offended.” He added, “He will never be offended.”

Jimin was oblivious as to why while bambam gave them an annoyed look coz’ he already knows where is this going.

Taehyung nods in agreement,

“Yeah, because he is not adorable like me.” He said in a matter of factly. It was a joke, as usual to irritate Park Jimin.

“Neither he is handsome like me.” , added Jinyoung proudly.

 

“Yah! How dare you!” blurted Jimin in annoyance. Pouting at the two. These two never fail to bully Jimin. There isn’t even a school day that they did haven’t annoyed the shorter.

 

“Atleast he is cute!” defended Bambam and Jimin felt greatful hearing.

 

“Cute? Where?” taunted Jinyoung, fake searching around Jimin and the latter just pouted more, feeling more annoyed and offended.

“Everywhere around him is cute!” Spatted Bambam.

“Who said so?” questioned Taehyung provoking the two.

“Me!” Bambam answered, but Taehyung and Jinyoung just smiled proudly at him.

“Only you!Hah!” spoke Jinyoung.

“And..and.. s-some others!” added Bambam, stuttering in his words.

 

“Like who?” instigated Taehyung.

Bambam was at loss of answer, he glance over at Jimin gesturing for help.

“also…uhm…” trailed Jimin, thinking for an answer. He caught a swift glance of familiar blonde hair walking pass the hallway, outside the door. “And Yoongi hyung!” he answered atlast.

Bambam winced in Jimin’s answer and it came unnoticed to the other’s eyes since Jimin and the other two we’re staring at each other in contemplation.

Taehyung shrugged and felt a bit bored already. “It’s not enough. But anyway, let’s just agree to disagree.”

“Yes.” Agreed Jinyoung. Jimin just pouted at them, grumbling a silent, “bullies.”

“by the way.” Interrupted Bambam turning to Jimin. “About the rumor about you and that 3rd y, Min Yoongi..” He trailed.” Is it true?”

Jimin was surprised about the sudden question. Jinyoung eyed Jimin suspiciously, waiting for a respond. While Taehyung just remained silent, looking at his bestfriend worriedly.

 

“W-what rumor?” stuttered Jimin faking innocence.

‘Your being obvious’ thought Taehyung.

 

“About you two being a couple.” Spoke Bambam.

 

“Yeah. A lot of people have noticed your closeness with mr. popular.”

 

“because they are close. Did they not know? They’re friends..” interrupted Taehyung, “Close friends.” He added.

 

“But I saw you clinging over his arm one late afternoon on your way home.” Spoke Bambam looking at Jimin. Pain was evident in his eyes but Jimin did not notice it since he was busy panicking in the inside.

 

“reflexes!”, defended Taehyung. “Jimin really likes skinship.” He adds.

“but.” Started Jinyoung, “Yoongi is known for his cold disposure. He has never been seen allowing a person to clung unto him nor touch him. Even if it’s a hot chick.” He paused. Jimin and Taehyung panicked.

 

Eottokaji?!

 

“I would understand it if it is by the shoulder.” Continued Jinyoung. He stared at Jimin waiting for a response not noticing the approaching footsteps behind him.

 

“Because he is small.” intruded a musical alto voice who was now standing behind Jinyoung.

 

“He finds it hard to reach Yoongi-sshi’s shoulder. So he settled for the arm. “ all four turned their gaze to the newcomer.

“Yes he’s right!” agreed Taehyung, feeling relief. Jimin was too. He mouthed Jungkook an unnoticed “Thank you”. Meanwhile Taehyung who have noticed the change of air because of the added companion, quickly took the chance to change the subject by greeting the smiling the boy cheerfully, “By the way… Hello Jungkook!” he said, showing his box smile.

“Oh, You still came to school?”, mocked Jinyoung, faking a surprise expression. The latter just gave him a bored look and answered, “Who cares. The teacher is not around anyway.”

“Yeah and he is only 25 minutes late! Not the usual 30 minutes or so!” spoke Jimin defending his hero. With that Jungkook held his head high proudly.

 

After talking and laughing with Jungkook, in the next 15 minutes, Jinyoung and Bambam left to go to the comfort room.

 

“Serve me a buffet when I come to your house later!” spoke Jungkook, sitting under Jimin’s desk.

 

“W-what? No way!” protested Jimin but Jungkook only pretended not hearing anything. Taehyung laugh at him. “Why are you late again by the way?” he asked.

 

“The usual. Practice.”

 

“You practice even lunchtime?” asked Taehyung, amazed.

 

Jimin rolled his eyes at Jungkook, “Don’t believe him! he was busy flirting again.”

 

“wow! “  -Taehyung

 

“Why do you seem amazed? Did you not hear me? He was flirting!”   -Jimin

 

“I heard you! It’s just..” , Jungkook glance over at Taehyung waiting for his next words. “How come he gets a lover! While I can’t!” he whined, pouting at the two people infront of him. “I also want to flirt with Jin-hyung and come late to class too!”

 

Jimin look at Taehyung in incredulously, he can’t just believe that he has such ridiculous of a bestfriend. “You’re Sick.”

 

“Lovesick.” Added Jungkook. “Anyway.” He turned his attention to Jimin. “What going on between you two and that pale hyung?”

 

“W-what? W-what do you mean?” asked Jimin, stuttering while trying to fake his innocence.

“ Don’t act innocent, I can tell.” He told him. Taehyung chose to remain silent in the seen, coz’ no  matter what, it was hard to fool Jungkook since the younger was smart and quick to pick things up.

 

“I’m not! Really..We’re friends!” he defended himself. “We’re close friends. I don’t know why people get the wrong idea… I mean.. close people do close stuffs…it’s..it’s normal!”

 

Jungkook look at him boredly, evident that he doesn’t believe him. Jiminie hyung is lying. YES, because he’s stuttering. YES, because he doesn’t look me in the eyes while talking. YES, because his fidgeting in his place.God, why can’t he be a little not too obvious? He almost wants to face palm infront of the shorter but decided not to. “I see..” he started. “by the way I saw him talking to a woman on my way he-“ before Jungkook could even finish talking, Jimin interrupted him, his voice was high pitch due to surprise and disbelief.

 

“HE DID?!”

 

‘Got ya!’ Thought Jungkook. As always. Jimin was really bad at lying.

 

“Yes.” He answered flatly.

 

“What were they talking about?!” he asked the younger.

 

“Secret. Why are you affected?”

“I’m not!” he said guiltily, “ As a friend, I was just curious.” He lied. He was jealous. He’s been jealous. This past few days Yoongi was suddenly so friendly with the girls. He was not like that before. He doesn’t even spare them a glance before. He even accepted a bottle of water from one of them the other day after practice, making him hid his tumbler of water which he always bring for his favorite hyung. He felt his heart being squished after that and being squished harder everytime when he sees Yoongi smiling and talking with girls every after practice break. But he didn’t tell Yoongi he was jealous thinking it was stupid, thinking maybe he was just overreacting. He’s afraid Yoongi might find it annoying and leave him for that. Yoongi was talking less to him at school ever since last week. And he doesn’t know why. Is he getting tired of me? Of us? Jimin asked himself, he did not notice when a hand came over his shoulder. He thought Jungkook-being the pushy person he is-will strangle him for a more convincing reason since he himself knew the reason he gave the other was lame and that he was being too obvious. Ever since they met he had hated his neighbor/classmate, Jungkook for always bullying him, for always treating him like he is older than him, like he is more superior. But right know the annoying Jungkook that he hates was comforting him. He realized he wasn’t always naughty. He realized he can also be sweet and affectionate though he kinda looks funny and obviously shy right now while rubbing Jimin’s shoulder in comfort, saying “ I will makes sure he suffers the consequence the moment he hurts you hyung.”

 

‘Hyung...’ Thought Jimin. ‘He just called me hyung.’ . He smiled. Feeling comforted.

 

Just when Taehyung was about to smile at the touching scene, suddenly ,“Ew Jiminie!” blurted out Jungkook, moving away from Jimin. “What the are you smiling at?!”

 

“What?” , Jimin was surprised about the sudden behaviour.

 

“I know I’m incredibly attractive and really sweet! But don’t fall inlove with me!” He said.

“The this kid.” Mumbled Jimin implausively.

Jungkook was just joking, he just wants to get out of the previous atmosphere, he was unable to stand it, not because he doesn’t like it. Or that he doesn’t mean it, he just felt awkward. It was so not like him. He’s the cool boy next door for ’s sake.. I’m never doing that again. He said to himself. But he did really meant what he had said to the short elder earlier. Though he always annoys Jimin, he was like a cute brother to him. Hoseok, Jimin’s brother was too. Both of them were like family to him since they were the once who had always been there for him ever since his mother and father got separated and remarried, leaving him alone at the age 14, 4 years ago.

 

“Y-yah! You brat! Don’t get too full of yourself! “

 

“Why? Would you rather be full of me Jiminie?” he joked, making Jimin gape in his place, blushing incredulously of embarrassment at Jungkook’s words.

Taehyung laughed at the two of them and was shortly accompanied by Jungkook’s sweet laughter and Jimin’s cute pouting.

 

The day ended slowly again to Jimin’s dismay. Ang today Yoongi and Jin did not have practice but only Jin was able to accompany them on going home. Jimin was being the usual, laughing, smiling and always full of stories to tell them. Taehyung thought that everything was okay, that the couple was still the same, privately. But what he did not know is that Jimin is sad because Yoongi was not with them, again. Just like yesterday and the day before. But his bestfriend was trying his best not to show his sadness coz’ he doesn’t want Taehyung and Jin to worry.