CHAPTER IX

Complicated

 

“Yoongi your back! I’m glad you’re already fine.”spoke Jin gladly when he saw his approaching buddy. Yoongi smiled, sitting beside the older brunette in the bench.

“I wasn’t really sick hyung.” He said, “ I was just too lazy to come to school.” He lied.

 

“ I wanted to visit you because I was so worried but I was too busy with school and basketball. I thought you were really sick because that what’s the teacher told us.”

 

“Sorry hyung, i was oath to call you but I was..” Yoongi paused, he don’t know what to tell the other.

 

“Busy?” continued Jin, curiously.

 

“N-no. Not really.” Answered the other, unsure what to tell the elder.

 

“Was Jimin with you? “

 

Yoongi stiffen for a while hearing the familiar name. He tried his best to remain calm and composed infront of the older.

 

“No hyung.” He answered, forcing a light laughter. “It would be unfair for you if I see him.”

 

“It would?” asked Jin, confused.  “But he’s your lover, I would understand.” He said in a matter of factly.

 

“Oh. Yeah..” Yoongi laughed, “Stupid me.”

 

After talking for a while, a certain brunette with a box smile came in quietly from behind them, when he reached the two, he smiled his box smile, amusingly before covering the eyes of the pale green haired Yoongi.

“!” uttered Yoongi in surprise.

“Yah! Hyung your language!” spoke Taehyung.

“Gotcha! Taehyung, you brat!”

 Taehyung slowly took his hands off Yoongi’s eyes and pouted at the older.

Jin laugh at the scene before him.

 

“Tch’ You only said that so I would talk didn’t you?”  

 

“No. I said that because I already know who it is. And I know you would respond.”

 

“How did you know It was me?” asked Taehyung, curious. “ Jimin was always the one who does that to you. I really thought you’d say his name.”

 

Jimin

Jimin would not do that after what I did this morning. He wants to tell Taehyung.

He would not do that anymore.

 

“Well your hands are longer and thinner compared to him.”

 

“Aw, you know the size of my hands.” Said Taehyung fondly, “I’m so touched hyung.” He added, putting his hands on his chess for exaggeration.

 

“Dream on brat.”, spat Yoongi.

 

“Where’s Jimin by the way?” asked Jin suddenly. Averting the attention of the two, to him.

 

“I don’t know, he didn’t come back to class after break time. Too bad for him, Yoongi hyung is here.”

 

“I see.” Spoke Jin, nodding in understanding. “Maybe his stomach is upset again.. like the other day.”

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Bad timing. Stupid Jimin and his stupid stomach. Right Yoongi hyung?” said Taehyung, leaning his head to Yoongi’s shoulder. He was seated in between Jin and Yoongi.

 

“Yeah.” Again Yoongi was of loss of words hearing Jimin’s name. He smiled at the two before saying, “I want to go home. Let’s go?”

 

“Sure!” answered Taehyung and Jin in sync then smiled at each other.

 

 

 

oooooooooooooYooooooooooooooooo

 

 

 

 

Was it really him?

 

But he looks like him.

 

Yes It was him. It was really him..

 

But, why did he feel like someone else?

 

Why did he ignore me?

 

 

 

Maybe he did not notice me?

 

Maybe I’m just thinking too much.

 

Jimin lay quietly in his bed, staring blankly at the dark ceiling; he didn’t care to open the light when he came in to his room. He did not even bother to close the door since he know he was alone in the house, no one would hear him, no one would see him since Hoseok is still at school and he won’t be home till 8pm, because of practice.

 

His eyes was already dry from crying. He had been immobile for an hour now. He thought he had already shed all his tears but No- everytime he thought about what happened this morning, flood of tears will suddenly came rolling down his cheeks again. It was in another hour or so when he stops from crying. He heard his stomach growling. He glance at the wall clock, it was already 7:09pm, almost 7 hours had pass since he saw Yoongi. He wants to stand up and to go to the kitchen but he doesn’t feel like moving. He doesn’t want to move at all and he doesn’t want to think about anything at all, not about the hunger, the darkness of the room, the coldness of the night especially not about Yoongi, Right now he only wish he was a rock. He wish he couldn’t feel.

 

“Yoongi hyung.. “ He mumbled before falling asleep to oblivion.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

When Jimin woke up in the middle of the night, it was with the sound of his phone, ringing. With heavy eyes, he check the screen to see whose calling.

 

 

 

Yoongi.

 

 

He almost stops breathing seeing ‘Baby Snow White’ flashing in his phone’s screen. He thought his eyes was about to come out from staring. Hesitantly with shaky hands he answered the call.

He waited for Yoongi to talk first but there was none. No one was talking.. There was only silence in the other line and a familiar sound. A sound that he would never forget. A sound that is so calm, it always makes him feel at ease. A sound that is Yoongi’s breathing when he sleeps.

He must have accidentally press the call button while sleeping,’ Hyung had already did it once and when I told him about it, he only smiled saying, “Maybe I missed you in my sleep.’’’ Thought Jimin to himself, he was now smiling. He suddenly felt stupid for crying. He felt stupider for over-reacting. And now felt stupidest for being the stupid person he is. Maybe Yoongi just did not notice him this morning.

 

He pressed loud speaker and brought the phone on the bed beside his face so it would be near his ears, he closed his eyes, falling asleep with the sound of Yoongi’s  breathing, He smiled in his sleep, convincing himself, Yoongi hyung still cares.

 

 

ooooooooooYoooooooooooooooo

 

 

 

The next morning he woke up the call was already off, he immediately texted a ‘Good morning hyung J”’ to Yoongi like he always did everyday without expecting a reply from the older. Though Yoongi was not like the usual anymore who always calls and texts him, He understands. He don’t want to force the latter to do what he doesn’t want. Jimin don’t want to seem demanding. Atleast Yoongi called him last night in his sleep. With that thought alone, he was already satisfied.

Today was Sunday, so Taehyung went to Jimin’s house to hang around. Jimin was being the usual, talkative, always smiling and laughing with his high pitch-child-like laughter.

 

“Oh, by the way, We went home with Yoongi hyung yesterday. Too bad, you weren’t around anymore.” Spoke Taehyung.

 

“Oh, I see.” Replied Jimin, feeling bit jealous

 

“ Why did you went home early?” Asked Taehyung, curious, he was now sipping from the straw of his chocolate drink while sitting next to Jimin in the floor beside the sofa. There was a lot of snacks in the table and Jimin’s laptop.

 

“ I felt stupid.” He answered truthfully and a bit shyly. Taehyung just laughed not understanding what the other had meant, he thought Jimin was joking.

 

“Aigoo, Then you must never skip classes. So you won’t feel stupid. ” He said, patting Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin just smiled nodding.

 

“He got a new hair by the way.”

 

“I know.”  Responded Jimin, flatly.

 

“You did? You saw him? So you already talk to each othe? No wonder he was not looking for you.”

 

He wasn’t looking for me? The familiar sting in Jimin’s heart came back again. But he forced himself to push away the painful thoughts and smile, else Taehyung will worry. And he does not want that.

 

“Y-yeah.” He responded, forcing a smile.

 

 

When it was already exactly 3pm in the afternoon, Taehyung bid Jimin good bye, saying it was already time to visit his Jin hyung, for short he calls it his ‘Jin-Time’.

After Taehyung left and after cleaning up the mess in the table. Jimin lay lazily in the sofa. He suddenly feels alone and lonely. He remembers Hoseok telling him that he will be home late. Again.

Jimin sighed heavily and found himself thinking about Yoongi again.

 

I wonder what he’s doing.’ He thought to himself. ‘Is he sleeping?’ He feels nostalgic reminiscing the sundays he spend alone with Yoongi in his apartment, doing nothing but talk about a lot of things or watching Yoongi sleeping. He missed those times.

 

He decided to go out to take a stroll on the streets and have some fresh air before nostalgia eats him. He quickly stood up fixing himself, he got his blue leather jacket on and went out.

 

He put his earphones on and plays some songs while walking to lighten up the mood. While scrolling for the next song to play, he spotted green hair inside a café while walking pass it. He stops at the end of the glass window, to see the person. It was Yoongi sitting alone. He felt happy seeing the elder. He smiled from ear to ear and decided to come in and surprise him. But just when he was about to take a step, Yoongi wave and smiled at something-No someone. And suddenly someone was already sitting infront of Yoongi. It was a girl. A pretty girl with a pretty smile. He felt his life being out of him as he stared at them. He suddenly walks away with heavy feet from the café where Yoongi was. He felt like crying but he waited until he reaches home. He bit his lips as he forces his mind to think of nothing. To think of empty thoughts. When he neared the gate of his house, his eyes suddenly failed him. His tears was now streaming down his cheeks. He opened the gate with trembling hands as quickly as he could but the keys suddenly fell in the ground. “!” He cursed his hand for trembling.

 

“Jimin.”

 

He heard a voice say from behind him. And he froze haft way while getting the keys, recognizing the sound of that voice and he curses to himself again because the person had caught him in such state.