Chapter 12

HEARTBEAT

Kris shut the basement door and joined Lay to tie down the two men who attacked them. Both men were unconcious as Lay injected them a strong sedative. After tying the men, they had to take care of their own wounds. Lay received a strong punch and his lip was bruised, while Kris had a cut on his hand. They were lucky that only one of the men had a gun with him. 

"Whose men are they?" Kris asked, glancing at the tied men.

Lay winced in pain as he cleaned his wound with alcohol. "They're Father's men. I've seen them before. They were sent to follow me.They probably reported to him that we went to see his business partner."

"Then what are we going to do now?" Kris asked, his voice giving away that he was nervous.

"We have to go the harder way", Lay said calmly. "We have to kill him sooner than I planned."

"When and how are you planning to do it?"

"Everything shoud be ready in three days", Lay replied. "The man we visited today is Wang Donghai, Kris. He sent two men to follow us. We are going to need them to help us. I'll tell you all about the plan later. Pass me my phone."

Kris gave him the phone and Lay typed some numbers.

"Hey, any news about Kris, did you find him?" Lay asked when someone answered the phone. Kris looked at him, confused.

"No sign of him, boss", the man from the other side of the line replied.

"You are not lying to me, are you?" Lay said, his voice sharp and intimidating.

"Of course not, boss, I'd never lie to you. Boss, I heard that your father hired some men to stalk you. He hired those two scumbags who joined us last month. Be careful, they look like killers to me."

Lay glanced at the tied, unconcious men on the other side of the room and smirked.

"Thank you, Yibo. I'll make sure you get a raise." He ended the call after listening to Yibo's endless thanks.

"What was that?" Kris asked.

"I talked to Yibo, one of my closest men. The Father doesn't know that you're here. Those two punks didn't tell him."

A sigh left Kris' mouth. They were more than lucky. "What are we going to do with the men?"

Lay closed his eyes for a moment. "They will be awake in about two hours. We'll keep them here, we'll just drug them."

"Did you call Jiayu?" Lay asked. Kris smiled a bit.

"I called her yesterday. She is alright, Luhan is taking good care of her."

"I suppose you took her to his birthday party. Did he behave well?" Lay asked.

"You know him, he has to flirt with every girl he sees, but he behaved well", Kris said, and suddenly he remembered the days when they went to college. They were young, naive, they believed they could change the world. They believed that they would stay together always, but destiny had something else in mind for each of them.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was midnight when Lay drove himself to the house of Wang Donghai. Guards led him to his office.
Wang Donghai waited for him. He wondered why Lay wanted to see him in that time of the night.

"Mr. Wang, I suppose that you are wondering why I'm here at this hour", Lay started. "I came to tell you that we made a plan to kill the Father and we need your help."

Mr. Wang nodded. "Tell me."

"We are going to kill him in twelve hours. You need to ensure us a car and buy us two  plane tickets to Guangzhou."

"Just that?" Mr. Wang quirked his eyebrows.

"Just that, and you will control the underground", Lay said. "And make sure that police never find out about it."

"I clearly doubt that the police won't find out about his death. You told me that you've done some dirty work for The Father. How do you plan to hide that from the police?" Mr. Wang looked at him with curiosity.

Lay smirked slightly. "Don't worry about that. I've found a way."