7...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

***

Her  bright yellow hair set off an intriguing image with the deep red ruby she was wearing around her neck.  She wasn’t afraid to swing along through the narrow, dark alley.

Three long knifes grimly shined in the sudden moon’s light. They loudly scratched the brick wall as they walked by it.

The heels seemed to have stopped.

The knifes did too.

The girl looked around squeezing her coat better to her body. She started walking again. In just two steps her horrifying scream got sharply cut by the blood springing the brick wall. The ruby necklace landed just a couple of feet further but her eyes looked like they were staring at it from her hanging head; they got stuck somewhere where the upper eyelids should’ve been and her bright blond hair scattered its own blood in a thick red trail.   

***

A low groan made all three boys flinch. Taeyang and Jiyong rushed to help Seunghyun up, even though he didn’t looked like he needed it anymore.

“Hyung? Hyung are you ok?” Ji tried to get into those frozen black eyes of his friend. He grabbed him carefully by the shoulders. “Hy…ung…” he mumbled when Seunghyun disappeared from his arms. He quickly turned around just to find him in the doorstep clenching his big hand into Seungri’s delicate neck.

Seungri barely came and he was about to knock when the door burst out open and Seunghyun grabbed his throat. 

“Hyung!” Ji shouted.

“Hyung, let go!” Taeyang hung on his arm.

Seungri tried to speak but he couldn’t get the air to reach his lungs anymore and a shy blood thread came slipping down towards his upper lip.

“Choi Seunghyun!!” Ji bawled edging between the two of them.  He spooked a little seeing the senior’s completely black eyes, but the gloomy bones-breaking sound placed his hands on Seunghyun’s chest, pushing it away with all of his powers.

“…hyung…” Seungri managed to moan before he slowly glided on the door arch.

Seunghyun’s eyeballs got their natural brown back and his breath rustled.

“Kid!! Kiddo! Seungri-ah!” he rushed to help the youngster but froze when him, with the last of his powers, reached his hands up in a gesture one does only to protect himself. He started crying and shaking and could barely walk when Jiyong and Taeyang helped him inside the room.

“Calm down, Seungri-ah…” Daesung softly said giving his armchair to him.

Seunghyun returned with a shaky glass of water, but the youngster still wouldn’t accept anything from him.

“Kid… I’m..” he said handing the glass to the first person next to him.

“Choi Seunghyun” Ji said grabbing the glass “…there’s nothing else you can do here… Please, leave us…” he rejected his help, but not because he wouldn’t want it, but because he was afraid that in a situation like this, the senior might tell everyone about his stormy mornings. It was not like he didn’t trusted his friends, it was more that he knew that after today they’re gonna push him away at least for a while, so this really wasn’t the best timing.

Seunghyun backed out, hardly holding up his tears. He watched the boys taking good care of the youngest member and suddenly his feelings startled his body into a painful pride and guilt mash. He knew, just by looking at them, that he could trust in them anytime, but not just yet… he couldn’t burden them with the horridness of his amnesic actions. He didn’t even realize when did he got on this devious, dark alley. He rolled around a couple of times scanning the surroundings, but its location remained unknown. If the moon wouldn’t have shown its round face from underneath that thin cloud, he couldn’t even see where he would be stepping. He froze, standing still and upright. Suddenly a sharp pain bent him from the waist down, making him to almost scream in anguish.