26...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

Because she was running, RinNah couldn’t see the blow that knocked her down., but luckily she managed to see the shiny, sharp knife aiming for her head. She rolled several times smiling, but then she hit something slippery with her fingers. She quickly sat in all four when her nostrils detected a foul gas smell. Her eyes followed the yellowish slippery stripe that reached LaCrois’ feet.

“Surprise!” she smiled. “Now!” she yelled taking a step to walk outside the gas pentagram.

From up somewhere, 2 men jumped around RinNah immobilizing her. 

“The 13th head” the old lady spoke calmly as she raised a bleeding human head to Rin’s eye sight. “I honestly have to thank you. If it weren’t for you I never would’ve guessed where were you hiding” she said walking along with the men who dragged Rin all the way up to the center of the pentagram. They made her kneel but instead of fighting then, RinNah  just shook and tears begun falling on her cheeks.

“Ma’am are you sure she’s…” one of them started talking.

“Stop this useless charade” LaCrois said kneeling one knee in front of her. “Or is it that you cannot control this puny body of yours… mother?” she smiled when she saw Rin’s tightly clenched teary eyes.

“Madam, maybe you made a mistake…” the long-boots-girls said visibly impressed by Rin’s reaction.

Everybody was keeping an eye on her, so they really couldn’t see nor hear the silent Seungri creeping behind LaCrois stabbing her with his long claw-shaped knifes.

RinNah opened up her eyes, smiling at Seungri’s skillfulness in taking down her 2 hangmen even though he was barely scraping his feet along and he didn’t even blink when he got hit. His eyes were  musty, dark, lifeless cold, while his lips carried the fiery red colored blood shyly gliding away from his mouth; the black burnt wounds didn’t seem to bother him anymore, not even when the long-boots girl hit him.

RinNah simply stood by and watched their fight.

Hoping that no one would see her, LaCrois, curled up somewhere near RinNah. She was trying to understand what did just happened but one of the men’s knives caught her eye. She slowly stretched to grab it. When she was about 1 inch away from it, Rin’s delicate fingers grabbed her middle finger pulling her hand up.

“Just one question…”

Rin’s crystal-like voice froze her, but she wouldn’t looked at her, she just kept her eyes glued to the knife.

“…why goldilocks?” Rin asked in a smile, making her and Seungri stare.

“I mean, yeah, indeed you needed 13 girls…” she kept on talking as she grabbed LaCrois’ wrist, tucking up the expensive suit’s sleeve “…but they weren’t supposed to be dark haired or blond haired, or s… All of these were merely to the author’s likings. I would’ve expected for you to know better than anyone…” she talked in her calm voice. She called Seungri to sit next to her while she took the knife LaCrois was so logging for. “You really ed it up this time, LaCrois” she said in really disappointed voice. She the knife’s pointy head in LaCrois’ wrist and cut its way up almost `till the elbow.

LaCrois would’ve fight back but for an unknown reason she couldn’t even move. She knew that the wound Seungri placed in her back was noting to hold her pinned to the ground like this, but she couldn’t find the thing that did. She stared at RinNah starting to believe that the stories she heard until now were all true. Seungri’s soft lips suddenly broke every thought in her mind. She felt her hand becoming weaker and weaker as he clenched onto it harder and harder.  She closed her eyes hoping that this pain will go away, but the first image made her frown: she saw herself in her fancy room playing with the beautiful red ruby necklace.

‘ “But I can make it better than any mortal…” ‘ she heard the long-boots girl saying.

‘ “I know you can” ‘ she answered to her ‘ “but she might feel one of us. We have no knowledge about her. All I know is that she can’t feel the mortals…”

‘ “Ok, I understand” ‘ the young girl gave up the talk. ‘ “Then I’ll go find someone…” ‘

‘ “No, Ri-San. This time I’ll do it” ‘…

A sudden tug brought her back to present day.  Seungri was still attached to her wrist, feeding his greedy mouth. She rolled her eyes looking for RinNah. She was nowhere to be found. LaCrois understood this might’ve been the only chance she’ll have to escape. She tried to free herself but as much as she was struggling, Seungri clenched on her hand ever tighter.  Another eye rolling revealed the knife just next to her as if someone left it there on purpose. She couldn’t lose any more precious time so she quickly grabbed it.