6...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

 

Powerful knocks on the door made Taeyang’s eyelids to shiver. He could hear voices but he couldn’t yet distinguish the words. A dull pain in the back of his head made his hand rise up to it. The warm, slippery liquid got him up, but again, the pain forced him to grab a hold on something. He leant on the crumpled bed, trying to keep his balance.

“This is the police! Open up!” the knock became louder.

“I’ll be right there…” he whispered claiming it as a shout.

He stumbled towards the entrance door from the next room. He had just a few more steps until he reached it, when he felt something fleshy underneath his feet.  He instantly forgot about the policemen outside the door. He jumped down, grabbing Daesung’s face in his hands. 

“Daesung! Daesung-ah!!” he shouted looking for the wound that already colored the white, soft carpet. “Help! Someone please help!” he kept on shouting when he discovered the perforating wounds from his blade bone.

He wouldn’t want to move, so he just waited for the policemen to break down the door. It didn’t happen. The sound of some keys spinning inside the lock doubled up his eyes when Seungri barged in, kneeling before him.

“I’m sorry, hyung! I am so sorry! Please forgive me!” the youngster cried rivers, bowing to Taeyang.

“Kiddo…” Taeyang wanted to say something nice to him, but he just understood where he disappeared last night, and right now he was really mad on him.  He just threw a mumbled “It’s ok, kid… It could’ve been worse…”.

Seungri kept crying and asking for forgiveness. He explained, through deep sighs, how he ran away last night, wanting to reach the nearest precinct but he fainted on the streets and barely this morning he could come back into his senses.

***

Jiyong’s eyes got lost over his senior’s wounds that stretched from his neck all the way down to his left shoulder bone. A quiet knock startled him so much that he literally fell off the armchair he was on.  He threw a quick glimpse to make sure Seunghyun wasn’t bothered by this noises, then he tiptoed to the door opening it with one move.

“K… kid?...” he stared at Seungri’s red and swollen eyes. “What happened?” he softly asked grabbing his shoulders to guide him inside. He greeted Taeyang with a smile but once again his eyes got lost on Daesung’s neck bandages.

“Wh… what…” he would’ve ask but  the words wouldn’t come out.

“What’s wrong with him?” Taeyang quickly asked seeing Seughyun asleep in the bed.

“I… I really don’t know… I found him this way…” Ji lied covering him up a little better.  “But what about you? What happened to ya’ll? “ he said a little louder than a mere whisper, checking everybody from head to toes.

“But it wasn’t your fault…” suddenly Seunghyun said in low voice, followed by a soft whine, making everybody to startle. He got up without haste, easily pulling his rope over his wounded shoulder. He froze in place when  Daesung’s bandages got his eyes.

“Dongsaeng…” he barely muttered looking for a spot on the floor to help him change the image assaulting his mind. But all he succeeded was to add even the noises of a terrifying fight with growls and howls. He quickly found the bound he needed in Jiyong’s arm when he felt the ground disappearing from under his feet, turning everything black again.

“Hyung!” Ji called out his name.

“Hyung…” Daesung whispered holding back his tears, watching the boys as they struggled to get their senior back in bed.

All of a sudden, Seungri just froze.

“What’s the matter, kid?” Taeyang grabbed his sleeve but Seungri wouldn’t answer. He just ignored him and stepped out the door.

They all exchanged looks but none followed him, they knew he will be back soon.