...final chapter

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

28

Seungri stared at her with big eyes. He kept on seeing her kneeled down there beside him, reviving him. He was waiting for the unbearable pain to come in case he wouldn’t obey but it never came.

“Am… am I free?” he hummed.

“Yes” RinNah smiled warmly “just please, decide faster. We don’t really have time to…” she said but a long howl stopped her.

“What was that?!” Ji rushed to ask, happy that he regained control over his body once again.

“The helping hand” Rin quickly answered petting Seungri’s shoulder. She rolled over to look for Seunghyun, she was happy to find him in a shadowed corner of the room, but still in his human form.  She was about to speak when his eyes glowed. He suddenly doubled up in pain, making RinNah to startle.

“Quickly!” she said grabbing both Ji’s and Seungri’s hands “We must go!” she tried to make them walk, but none of them moved.

“No! I wanna see this!” Ji said pushing her away.

“Let’s go!” she turned to Seungri who finally threw poor LaCrois as if she was merely a piece of cloth.

They ran upstairs while Ji didn’t move an inch. He stared at Seunghyun how he squirmed on the floor, growling and whining in pain. Even though there was just a little dime light in that basement, the white wolf was now glowing in a white-blue fog.

***

RinNah and Seungri barely got upstairs and they quickly had to bear up one another in a long back-bow when a knife flew above their heads. They fell on the ground and Rin rolled to the left, while Seungri rolled to the right to avoid being stepped on by really big black boots. They got up in a glance but Seungri simply froze. He had no idea who he had to attack and who he had to protect. He was looking for his friends through the huge amount of haired creatures and white men dressed all in black, everyone fighting anyone.

“Kick everybody’s , except those 2!” Rin quickly said pointing towards 2 of the grey hairy creatures.

“Who’re they?” Seungri asked still looking for familiar faces.

“Your brothers” she answered pushing him in the middle of the room from where a hairy creature caught him. It stabbed its sharp claws in his shoulders pinning him on the floor. He would’ve fight back but Rin’s words wouldn’t let him do it.

“My brothers?? Which one of them” he whined in pain.  

“Goldilocks, we gotta go… now…” Rin climbed back down to the basement.

‘Damn… I really didn’t needed this…’ she though for herself when the white wolf’s eyes pierced her. She stopped walking. She stopped breathing when it came walking towards her. She closed her eyes in an attempt to calm down this ‘puny mortal heart’ when the wolf almost touched her face, sniffing. She wasn’t really afraid of the fight, she had fought tones of other ‘’God’s emissaries” but this boy she thought he might become something different.. at least for her. 

The wolf uncovered its fangs in a soft growl.

“Hyung…” Ji’s voice stopped him.

The soft growl turned into an enraged roar.

RinNah took a relieved breath when the wolf rushed away from her making her to fall on her bottom.

“Are you ok?” Ji said trying to help her up looking for her hand but he wasn’t even looking at her; his eyes were stuck on the white wolf and its ferocity on attacking LaCrois who managed to get up.

“C’mon, let’s go!” Rin said grabbing Ji’s hand and pulling him away.

*** 

Seungri was about to fight back when he noticed the beautiful brown color in the creature’s eyes.

“Hyung?... Hyung!” he said without even blinking “Hyung, we must get out of here, please! Please…” he tried to remain as calm as he could.

The creature sniffed the air and a long howl made every other creature to stop fighting. The men dressed in black looked around really confused.

“What’s happening?” one of them asked when all the werewolves started fleeing out the window or on top of the entrance-blocking car and then outside.

“Goldilocks, I need a spark!” Rin shouted as soon as they reached the top of the stairs and she had to dodge an unidentified attack.

“A what?” Ji asked taking over the attack.

“A spark,! A fire! A flame! Anything will do!” she shouted again.

“But I can’t…” Ji answered again in between the fling fist of 3 or 4 men around them.

“But I need it, Goldie! Now! A fire! Now!” she kept on insisting like an annoying little kid in a candy store.

“But… I… CAN’T!” Ji roared pissed off that because of her the last 4 hits he swallowed them right in the face.

Mostly out of an automatically movement he gathered his palms round in front of his chest and when they began heating up he stretched his hands up in front. Two red hot stripes ran over the entire room, throwing flames everywhere Rin splashed her gasoline canister earlier on. Many of the white men burst in flames too, making Ji to cover his eyes.

“Hyung, let’s go!” Seungri grabbed his arm running.

“No, wait!” Ji stopped even though he wasn’t really able to expose his face to the hot burning flames “Seunghyun! Seunghyun-hyung it’s still down there!” he yelled trying to get away from Seungri’s grip, but one sudden blow from one of the ignited white men helped him understand they couldn’t get back down there. He ran next to Seungri avoiding the fists and the grabs until they jumped on top of Daesung’s entrance blocking car. Seungri was the first to jump back on the fresh cold grass. He also helped Ji to climb down, not because he couldn’t have done it alone, but because he was too afraid he will jump back inside the house.  Probably Ji would have really done that if the growls and the grumbles behind him wouldn’t have frozen him. He slowly rolled on his heels looking around. He stared for a couple of minutes at the 2 hairy werewolves who seemed like they were guarding his back. His eyes were drown by the other dozens who were guarding the windows as they made sure nobody gets out that way either.

RinNah jumped on the car’s hood but before she climbed down she turned to look inside the house. She looked like she was saying something but the boys couldn’t hear her because of all the other noises around. She was about to jump down when a soft smile flourished on her face. Among that burning men sea, a face struggled to get by and reach the door. LaCrois was nowhere even close to the worthy woman she used to be and she was also carrying the marks of the meeting between her and the ‘wolf of justice’.

“Lilith…” she hissed holding onto anyone she could.

“The beasts of the desert will meet there with wild dogs and hairy goats will call each other. It is there where the shadow of the night will find its resting place” RinNah smiled softly.

“Lilith, don’t do this!...” LaCrois cried hurrying towards the car.

“It’s time for you to lose, LaCrois” Rin said trying her best to look a little impressed.  She even closed her eyes as if she was crying but instead she unclogged her fist revealing a ball  of fire.

“You can’t do this to us!” LaCrois almost reached the car. “We are your kids!”

“No” Rin said calmly “You are merely a scrap paper” were Rin’s last words before LaCrois managed to finally touch the car. She threw the fire ball on the gasoline puddle that spilled next to the half of the car’s wheel that was inside the house.

“Go! Go! Go!” Rin jumped off the car grabbing Seungri’s and Ji’s clothes to make them run.

“But, Seunghyun!!...” Ji wanted to mutiny again but a powerful blast threw everyone around.

Seungri rushed to hug Ji who was the first to get up and who wanted to get back inside the house.

“No, kid, let me go!” he struggled to free himself from the youngsters hug, but it was impossible so he gave up hiding his head in his arms.

The cold wind blew away the thick black smoke along with the soft smell of burnt flesh.

“Goldilocks…”  RinNah slowly spoke touching his shoulder.

“Ji! My name it’s JI ing Yong!! Jiyong” he flared up but again Seungri wouldn’t let him go.

“Jiyong…” RinNah was getting ready to give her speech when Seungri’s voice stopped her.

“Hyung!” Seungri shouted almost slamming down Jiyong who landed on the cold, wet grass.

“Hyung!!!” he also shouted and stumbled up twice until he ran up to the limping Seunghyun.

They both reached him in the same time, grabbing his hands, making sure he lands on the ground without hurting himself more than he already was. Even though every single bone in his body hurt and he couldn’t see clearly with his bleeding left eye, he was still able to put a smile on his face.

“It’s everybody ok?” he whispered in weak voice.

“Yes, yes we are!” Ji answered in a blink almost crying of happiness.

“Good…” he tried a wider smile. “And you?” he looked at Seungri who was already crying.

“I’m ok now, hyung, I’m ok!...”

“Aish, kid… never scare me like that again…” he said making Seungri cry even harder. “Yah, red-head!” he tried to shout when he heard RinNah’s steps.

“Huh?” she stopped. “Me?” she turned around to face them.

“You have some explaining to do…” he said before his image turned black and the voices of his friends faded away.

“He’ll be all right” Rin calmed Ji who was about to burst.

“But…” Seungri looked at her ready to pop the question he had since he lost the track back inside the house.

RinNah glared at him and he suddenly changed his question.

“Where is Daesung-hyung? And Youngbae-hyung?”

“Well… I really don’t know this…” she answered almost sincerely.

***

Even though the television screen showed the burning house, there was no sound to it. Seungri, Daesung, Taeyang, Jiyong and Seunghyun simply stood there without being brave enough to start a conversation. They all looked perfectly sane as if the bleeding wounds from last night had been merely a dream.

Jiyong stretched up to reach his cup of coffee. He held it in his palms and soon enough the coffee inside it started steaming.

“Hyung!” Seungri easily poked him.

“What?” Ji looked at him with the most innocent eyes.

“…Do mine too!” Seungri answered in a wide smile.

***

RinNah squeezed the big old book. She was absent mindedly walking over the ashes as her mind played the events of last night. She smiled gently when she saw the cut on her wrist and the memory of Seungri’s soft lips made her smile wider in satisfaction.  Yet another mortal gained her dark gift. Even though she had the bad experience with LaCrois she was happy she could save the ‘’little mindless monster’’ from under her domination.  Well, anyway she knew what she had to do now if destiny planned to have again a twisted sense of humor. In just 3 days the ‘’puny possessed kid’’ would become immortal… he had no idea what this actually meant. She smiled thinking about him when he’ll find it out.

She stopped walking. She opened her book and stared at the picture with the big white wolf.

“…he will punish the cowards and the traitors…” she read out loud.

She wasn’t really ready to tell the boys the truth about her. She wasn’t the romantic type, she never was actually, but for an unknown reason every time she thought about that ‘’beast of justice’’ her human face just smiled and her mortal heart just fluttered, just like now…

***

Seunghyun took a big sip from his coffee when a knock on the door stopped him.

“I’ll get it!” he said jumping out of his  armchair almost knocking down the table in front of him.

He opened the door in one move.

“I was waiting for you, red-head…”

 

 

 

 

 The End