17...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

“Hyung, are you ok?...” Ji whispered touching Seunghyun’s shoulder when he wiped with the back of his hand.

Seunghyun shook his head in a coughing “No”.

“I did this…” he mumbled.

“What…” Ji said helping him up once again.

“I did this…” he said it again looking for Ji’s eyes.

“You… you’re asking me…” Ji whispered borrowing his senior’s shivers.

“I’m telling you this!” Seunghyun yelled. “I did this!!” he said grabbing Ji’s shoulders.

Before he could get another answer, a motorbike sound shut them up. They looked for it twice, until a powerful headlight shined on them. The biker raced the engine a few times and rushed towards them rolling a thick chain above his head.

Seunghyun’s eyes lost their white and in just one move he pushed Ji away. When he was about to get hit, he caught the chain with both of his hands. Even if it got quickly covered in his red blood, he pulled as hard as he could, folding it all up in his arms. The results were exactly as he planned and the biker fell off kissing the ground. With a couple of unnatural moves and a huge flip in the air, his heel stabbed the rider’s back, forcing him to stay down. But not for long because the rider rolled over suddenly, almost touching his opponent with his sharp blades. Seunghyun took a quick step back. He was ready to answer in the same way, but instead he had to dodge the motorbike that almost hit him.

“Hyung!...” Ji came running. “What was that?” whispered helping his senior up.

“… no idea…” Seunghyun mumbled.

Trying to catch back his breath, he looked around.

“Where are we?” he asked realizing that he once again found himself in a totally unknown location.

“I… I really don’t know…” Ji answered. “I just woke up in here…” he would've said 'after I won over...' but he had no idea how to put it in words that would actually make any sense, so he shut it.

Seunghyun took a deep sigh watching the flames gently coming out of he small window.  A cold shiver down his spine made him to visibly startle.

"Hyung..." Ji began when Seunghyun slowly limped his way to the house.

"Jiyong-gi..."Seunghyun cut him off preparing a speech.

He opened the door with very familiar movement, as if he really knew the place

"I really don't know how to put this..." he said mostly whispering, taking a deep breath. He was too afraid to talk. After seeing the things in that small room, he thought he could understand now why he always finds himself in places he never knew about, why he always  wakes up in puddles of blood...

"Hyung, what have I done?" Ji's words came like a divine salvation.

"You?"

"Is this a dream?" Ji asked following his senior.

"I'm afraid it ain't just a dream" Seunghyun answered more for himself, quietly stepping on the old rug.

"Hyung, how did you got here?" Ji suddenly asked.

"Me?..." Seunghyun startled again.

 Forced by his friend's question he did everything he could to remember what was he doing just before he heard Ji's screams. He couldn't. All that he could do now was to mentally see all of those girl's faces. He also did his best to draft a speech, but all that it came out from his mouth was:

"I know them all..."

Ji's eyes doubled. He hoped he misunderstood, so he choose not to say a thing.

"Why do I know all their faces?!? Why???" Seunghyun flared up pushing his tears back with his hands.

"Hyung..." was the only word Ji could spell now.

"Lee yong noona, Kim Soo Ri, Park Shin..." Seunghyun kept on saying gliding on the wall behind him. He hugged his knees again and the back and forth swing began on its own.

"Oh, hyung, you're hurt!" Ji rushed to him when he noticed Seunghyun's bloody hands. "The chain must've done this to you", he said while trying to clean them up.

"Yeah..." Seunghyun answered absent mindedly.

Suddenly, as if something burnt him, he reached his left pocket. He grabbed the thin necklace and raised it up to his eyes. The moment he looked at it, all of the girls wearing it started smiling at him. In less than a second they all ended up in that room, burning silently. A thick roar brutally left his throat and the red ruby necklace flew across the room. He panted heavily, looking around, barely holding back his tears.

Ji shook his way up. He touched his shoulder, ready to calm down his friend, but he was taken aback when Seunghyun snapped at him and covered up his mouth.