13...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

“Dae!” he shouted in joy and almost instantly swallowed it back. There was no Daesung smiling down at him but a strange looking guy, with his waxy skin and big, red lips outlined by really white, sharp fangs.  Ji tried to turn left, but his hand touched another black boot. He looked up to meet a similar face to the last one. Sooner than he realized he got surrounded by several men, all with the same features. One of them grabbed his collar neck to make him stand. Because he tried to escape, the man caught his arm, twisting it to his back, making him to almost touch his own shoulder blade in a really painful twist. Ji had no idea who were they, or what did they wanted but even so, he wasn’t planning on sticking around to find out. He tried to kick, but he couldn’t reach any of them; instead he made two of them to grab his feet and lift him up from the ground. Four of them were now holding his hands and feet, calling him names and showing off their blood thirsty fangs. Ji struggled to free himself, but the more he did, the more powerful and excited the men became.  Suddenly one of them tore Ji’s jacket exposing his bare chest.      

The shiny blades almost touched the hairy creature’s throat when Ji’s thick scream made the black eyes to blink rapidly a few times, turning to their natural brown. This was the first time they saw  the more-dead-than-alive creature from underneath his hands. He quickly got up and wiped several sweat drops on his forehead with the back of his palm.  He hid his face better under the black bandana and looked around. Ji’s loud scream made him to quickly turn around to spot him. His eyes got twice as big when he realized that Jiyong was about to get bitten by the men dressed all in black. He clenched better on his blades and rushed towards them.

“Nooo!” Ji shouted closing tight his eyes.

 A sudden warmth heat up Jiyong’s chest making his fist clench and twitch. A cold, soft wind made everyone to stop in place. Suddenly the wind became more and more powerful. Ji’s hangmen felt their bodies shivering so they quickly looked down to find the reason. They took few steps back, looking at Ji’s glowing eyes and trembling fists. Even though they let go of him, Ji kept floating. He got two feet above the ground with thin lightings surrounding him. He closed his eyes again and gathered his hands like holding an invisible ball.  The silhouette, as well as the other men, instead of running, they just kept watching him until he suddenly opened back his eyes. The white light left Ji’s eye sockets at once with a raged wind and burning lightings as he stretched out his hands. The light turned all the men into ash statues, but when it reached the silhouette, it only felt like a really hot wind that made it to cover up its face.

All of these lasted less than a minute. Now everything was so quiet. The silhouette’s almond eyes slowly threw a glance from between his arms; his eyes suddenly doubled their size when Ji’s glowing eyes disappeared and his normal brown eyes pierced them sending cold shivers down his spine. He watched Ji slowly gliding back to the ground. He smiled in relief taking his hand up to uncover his face. A soft wind blew the ash statues away and his hand froze; his eyes turned black again, gazing without blinking; his blades screeched making their way up the kneeled Jiyong in front of them.

Jiyong couldn’t find the power to jump up when the silhouette’s attack reached him. He just sat there, without being able to move. The only alerted parts of his body were his eyes that as soon as they met the attacker’s they tear up in a split. He couldn’t even blink when the silhouette raised its hand ready to chop off his head. The sound of a growl was the trigger needed to be pulled and both his and the silhouette’s eyes regained their life back. Ji rose his hands above his head, falling back in his attempt to protect himself while his attacker felt a sharp pain in his right hand. Two tears came down his burning cheeks and he was able to only look at the beautiful white wolf biting his arm. Blood colored the animal’s teeth and no matter how many times it got hit, it wouldn’t let go. The silhouette fought for his life with all of his weapons, but it really seamed impossible for him to win.  The wolf was about to grab his covered neck when a pitch scream froze it.

“No!! Let go of me!!” the high pitched voice  made the wolf to howl long.

“Help!” the girly voice came again..

The wolf  growled loudly  leaving its opponent down there, on the ground, eyes wide opened and teary. He looked after it without being able to get up. He watched the animal as it chased off some other men in black clothes, saving the girl they were attacking.

The girl approached him doubtfully. They stared at each other for a short while until she turned her head away to reach the kneeled Jiyong. She only looked at him without a word. After a couple of moments she kneeled before him and shyly patted his shoulder, making him to violently startle.

Ji’s eyes tear up in an instant; he looked for the person touching him and he barely whispered, shaking uncontrollably:

“What have I done?...”    

“You won…” the girl answered smiling gently.

Tears kept falling down Ji’s burning face; his sobs merged with the wind’s hiss when it blew the last ash statue into thin dust. He tried to  squeeze his fists but the burnt skin made it impossible.  The last image in his head was the read , silky hair flowing towards his face when he laid on the cold, wet grass.