5...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

 

A short thud opened wide his eyes. He had to blink several times before he managed to understand that the darkness haven’t swallowed his vision, but the entire room. He quickly looked for the window. It was covered with the think drape but it could still reveal the outline of the big round morning moon. A second thud, weaker this time, made him perk up. He carefully listened until he was able to identify the sound: it was nothing more than knockings on the door. He calmed his heart by gently pushing it with one hand while he easily slid outside the blanket.

“Just a moment…” he hummed stepping quietly to the door.

His right hand, upfront stretched, pushed the handle a little tougher than he planned. He door burst out opened and something knocked him down on the ground. Although he didn’t wanted to scream, the reaction came on itself.  In less than a split of a second he jumped back up, frenetically looking for the small switch on the wall. His hand covered half of the big wall in less than two moves and quickly pressed the small button.

The white light embraced the entire room with its warm glow.  A new short scream made him cover up his mouth. His left hand forced his mouth to keep it quiet while his eyes got lost on the blood gliding down on his right palm.  He did a flash self-check-up – the blood wasn’t his. A soft cry stopped his breath. He rolled over until he bumped on a curled up Seunghyun, shaking and swinging back and forth.

“Hyung!” he couldn’t restrain a scream. “Hyung, are you OK?” he grabbed his friend’s face in his palms looking for the wounds what covered half of his face in blood.

Seunghyun wouldn’t react at all; his eyes were lost somewhere beyond Ji’s reach. He just kept shaking and swinging, hugging tight his knees.

“Oh my God, hyung…” Jiyong babbled in between his sobbing, trying to clean the blood on his senior – it already overrode all the way down to his shoulder blade. He struggled a little to help him up, slipping in underneath his big arm.  They stodgily got to the bathroom. Ji placed Seunghyun inside the shower cabin and the water.  

The cold flush suddenly touching his head made him snap out. He fought his invisible enemy for a short while until he  understood it was merely water.    

“What the are you doing?!” he roared fighting a little more to get the right tap.

He didn’t really waited the answer anymore after he caught sight of the blood on Ji’s hand.  He grabbed his shoulders, checking him up.

“Jiyonggi, I…”

“No, hyung…” Ji barely whispered “…it’s not mine…” he said holding on his hands.

“…I … again?...” Seunghyun eased, turning around to follow the reddish water in the shower cabin. A sharp pain craved out the back of his neck turning everything around black, until even Ji’s terrified voice faded away.