SnO20

Siblings & Oblivious
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Siblings & Oblivious [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] "Simple and Elegant" [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

It was Saturday and Iseul woke up because of her phone buzzing. She blinked a few times and slowly got out of her bed, taking her iPhone just on the nightstand next to her. She didn’t look at the sender, but instead, at the clock first.

It’s only 7. She yawned and furrowed her brows when she saw Taehyung’s name popping out on her screen, texting her with a simple ‘hey!’. Her tiny finger slid the message and went to reply with a ‘hey’ too.

As she waited for another quick reply, unexpectedly, a call came instead. Iseul didn’t hesitate and directly picked it up, placing her phone next to her right ear. “Hello?” She asked, sounding quite hoarse.

“Whoa, is that how you really sound after waking up?” Taehyung asked back, impressed.

Iseul only chuckled on the other side as she went for her bed and slumped on it, “What’s with you this early morning?”

There was a short pause between the lines before Taehyung took a deep breath.

“Do you wanna go for a date?”

“D-Date?” Iseul jolted up from her bed, surprised by his sudden invitation. A date? Why would Kim Taehyung ask her for a date in an early Saturday morning?

Oh wait a sec.

It was only a date, why was she freaking out?

“Seul?” He brought her back to earth as the girl cleared , “Sorry. But I thought that the exams are coming this Monday?”

“Aye, that wouldn’t be any problem for me. Kim Taehyung is a smartass.” He said, clearing the previously seem-to-be-awkward atmosphere before. Iseul laughed on the other side and let out a small sigh, “But still, you have to prepare better and take care of your condition. You don’t wanna fail.”

“Has Kim Taehyung ever failed?”

“Well, no.” A chuckle escaped from her lips—it was just cute when he used the third person point of view. “However, I clearly deny. We won’t be having any date today.”

“Why?!” Taehyung whined and pouted, even though the female couldn’t see him. “Can’t I at least get a refreshment before doomsday comes?”

“Nope. No dates till you finish your exams. Besides, we’re not even lovers!”

Taehyung wanted to open his mouth to reply, but he soon shut it again to prevent him from saying something really awkward. He sighed deeply in defeat, “Fine. But here’s a condition.”

“What?”

“The seniors are going to host their own prom a day after the exams are done. And bringing a date is a must.” He said.

“Oh, enjoy then.” Iseul cheered but earned a groan from Taehyung. Didn’t she get what he mean?

“I’m telling you to come with me.” He said, “You told me that dates would be okay as long as I finish my exams, right?”

“But that is you guys’ prom. I’m just a junior, you can’t bring me as your date.”

Taehyung sighed, “It’s not an obligation to bring a date from the seniors. Like, try imagining a guy whom already had a girl occupying his heart but had to spend one of his greatest moments with someone he doesn’t like romantically. Would it be great?”

Her breath hitched before she pursed her lips together after getting what he meant. Was it only her or she felt like Taehyung was indirectly confessing his feelings to her?

“So, can you come that night with me?”

Iseul gulped, but was unnoticeable to the male, “Alright.”

“YES!” She quickly removed her phone off her ear, hearing Taehyung’s extremely loud yet happy scream; as if he had just won a gold medal for an olympiad. Probably Taehyung would be brought to the mental hospital pretty soon if anyone happened to enter his room and found him acting this way.

After a few more runs in his room, especially in circles, Taehyung finally got his phone on his ears again, “Sorry. I was just too happy since I had finally found someone.” He apologized, cheekily grinned on the other side.

“It’s fine.” Iseul giggled because of his happy mood, “Anyhow, you better go and study now.”

“But I still wanna talk to you.” His tone sounded pouty. But Iseul wasn’t going to fall for that even though she felt like she wanted to. “You can’t, you have to study.” She used a stern tone to get him stop talking.

“Nah, I can handle my studies, don’t worry.”

Iseul sighed, “Just go and study, I need to take a bath. Bye!” She quickly hung up on the call as guilt soon rushed into her body. It was very rare for her to hang someone in the middle of a conversation like that—especially when he was someone special to her. But oh well, it was for his own good too.

The girl laid back onto her comfy bed, gripping her phone a lit

Please log in to read the full chapter